What text updates do you want to see next?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: What text updates do you want to see next?

Postby drachefly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Shockamancy might have more subtle uses that come up less often then 'blast them', that a shockamancer could use but probably wouldn't end up selling scrolls for. We haven't seen much of them.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:45 pm

True. We did see the 'flash' spell which was shockamancy, but given the shockamancer's low standing in FAQ, it likely isn't filled with many utilitarian abilities.

Still, like I said, that'd be just another reason for a magic pamphlet. Shockamancer could read something like: Shockamancers are well known for their ability to fend off air units with a nice boost from a tower, and are the bane of troops in the field, meeting out blasty croaking to everyone, but did you know that they can also store their spells in a unit's weapon to give it a one time extra kick or create fireworks shows at home to boost morale?
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BakaGrappler » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:54 pm

This thread has gone COMPLETELY off topic. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of magical schools, there should be a different thread that can encompass that without being off topic.
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
BakaGrappler

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Personally I would like to see a text update that shows what happened to that archer chick (I forget her name) that Rob started off Book2 part 3 with.
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Presumably she died at some point in the inferno, and may or may not be decrypted. It could be an interesting frame of view to replay the battle from though.

Aside from the magic stuff, I'd really like to see more of Tansylvito. A few pages of what is going on more from caeser's viewpoint (or one of his supporters would be even better) would be cool.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Sir_Dr_D wrote:Personally I would like to see a text update that shows what happened to that archer chick (I forget her name) that Rob started off Book2 part 3 with.

Yeah, I 'ope she gets to be a Warlord. She could still be on the outer walls of Spacerock, I can see her stack being forgotten about in the chaos. Being forgotten is the story of her life.
Last edited by Whispri on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BakaGrappler » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:45 am

Whispri wrote:
Sir_Dr_D wrote:Personally I would like to see a text update that shows what happened to that archer chick (I forget her name) that Rob started off Book2 part 3 with.

Yeah, I 'ope she gets to be a Warlord. She could still be on the outer walls of Spacerock, I can see her stack being forgotten about in the chaos. Being forgotten is th story of her life..

Or conversely, she may have evacuated and may end up being promoted from the ranks like Stanley, Sylvia, and various other Warlords were. Seeing the retreat and restructuring of the army through her eyes may be fascinating. And I wonder if her stack mate that wanted to hit something with his arrows got to hit something...
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
BakaGrappler

Postby Whispri » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:08 pm

BakaGrappler wrote:
Whispri wrote:

Yeah, I 'ope she gets to be a Warlord. She could still be on the outer walls of Spacerock, I can see her stack being forgotten about in the chaos. Being forgotten is the story of her life.

Or conversely, she may have evacuated and may end up being promoted from the ranks like Stanley, Sylvia, and various other Warlords were. Seeing the retreat and restructuring of the army through her eyes may be fascinating. And I wonder if her stack mate that wanted to hit something with his arrows got to hit something...

She may have been left behind on purpose, given that she was a Garrison Unit, well while we didn't see any archery involved in Slately MKII's charge on the Garrison, if you're going to leave troops behind to fight, Garrison Units like Mary seem a natural choice.
Whispri

Postby Arky » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:52 am

I would like to see the conclusion of The Trial.

Understandable that Xin is going to have delays in completing Book 2, but hopefully Rob can fill in the gaps with text updates to finish Book 0 at least...
Arky

Postby Magentawolf » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Arky wrote:I would like to see the conclusion of The Trial.

Understandable that Xin is going to have delays in completing Book 2, but hopefully Rob can fill in the gaps with text updates to finish Book 0 at least...

This was the entire point of Book 0 in the first place... but it's just as delayed as the comic. *sigh*
Magentawolf

Postby Mikalyaran » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:48 pm

With Book 0 looking like it is coming to a close and Book 2 definitely wrapping up I imagine their is some important timing they want to work out. Especially with David starting his run as artist. It may seem like we are in the desert now but I'd rather Xin took the time she needs to do a good job and have the timing play out. It will be worth it.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld