Sweeping Dwagon

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:26 am

Adreena smiles " Okay, we have a plan. Sing out in front, followed by Wildthwing and Craven protecting Raveesh and Shack. That leaves you and me at the back, Count. Everyone, happy with that ? "

" One question Sing,.. this invisiblity spell, does it apply only to you or can you cast it on anyone ? Oh, and how long does it last ? Two questions, really. "
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 am

Werebiscuit wrote:" One question Sing,.. this invisiblity spell, does it apply only to you or can you cast it on anyone ? Oh, and how long does it last ? Two questions, really. "
"Just me, and not very long. About long enough for me to cast 3 spells," Sing replies.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 am

Adreena frowns " Ah , mores the pity, had you been able to make me invisible my natural quietness would have made the best choice for scout. Still we can't have everything, so as you were with the latest plan. "
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:22 am

Craven does not speak up during the discussion of tactics. He figures that his job will be the same no matter the tactic decided: run towards or away from the enemy as needed.
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:53 am

I'm not keeping track of juice. The casters in our scenario are not so much 'a-mancers' as units with special abilities. Altruist Elves, etc.

Raveesh nods in agreement. "Let us go."

The stack moves up the stairs and out of the chamber. The next tunnels are straight and narrow, designed for Marbits. There are side passages, but Raveesh ignores them as they pass.

Every so often the group stops so that Sing can cast "invisible" and head up the passage to scout. After a few phases he returns, and the group walks on.

Everyone notices when the stack crosses the hex boundary. Raveesh points out that these tunnels were created more recently, by allies of the Quelshians. "But the mines have run dry. They dig otherhexes now."

At one point, Wildthwing stops the group. "Hear something."

They stop, but nothing is to be heard or sensed. Toothry casts "Detect Enemy" (on the first attempt), but nothing is revealed.

The stack carries on at Raveesh's urging.

After another "invisible" scout, Sing returns. "There is a locked gate ahead."

Raveesh nods. "Yes. It marks the boundary to the next hex, the one under Castria. Did you see any guards?"

Sing shakes his head. "No, nothing."

Raveesh turns to the stack. "We must open the gate."

The gate is a series of iron bars, the gap too narrow for event he smallest marbit to fit through. There is a keyhole and lock.
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:27 am

Adreena rubs her hand together, blowing on them. "It seems, I'm in demand, after all. " she whispers with a wicked smile " Unless one of you casters has a spell for this ? "

" No ? Back up then and give me room.... "

She has the group back up round the bend and into the main corridor

" All right, The rest of you stay in the main corridor, just in case this thing is trapped. Wildthwing, you at the bend there watching me. Your job is to let the rest know what happens once I get it open. Count, can you check for guards from here or do you need to move up to the door ? "

She will wait for advice on enemies from Toothry while sorting out her lockpicks.

OOC LTDave... which way did we approach the gate tunnel ? Along the straight or around the bend ? /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:09 am

The stack entered this map from the left.
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:34 am

" Raveesh, before I go to try the gate, Do you know what's further on behind it ? What should we expect once we open it ?.... oh..and do you know whats further on past that bend there ? " Adreena points along the main corridor towards the corner leading right. ( [EDIT] towards the bottom of the map )
" I'd so hate to be disturbed while I'm at 'my work' "

[EDITED for clarification]
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:39 am

Doctor Love Shackis getting a little nervous again, he doesn't like tight spaces...well at least these sort of tight spaces.
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:50 pm

"Beyond the gate is the Well of Kazern - a deep hole leading down to an underground river, Castria's water source. There is a chamber, and a series of stairs leading to the city and garrison zone. I will show you the stairs to take, and leave you to it."

"The passage back there leads to a gallium seam that ran dry a hundred turns ago."
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:34 am

" That is good to know. If we hit an unexpected obstacle we at least know that we must defend the stair leading to the well. If we cannot clear the garrison we can at least deny them water, that should shorten any siege of the city. "

" I'd still like to know about the abandoned mineworkings, though...... Toothry ? "
Werebiscuit

Postby Lipkin » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:09 pm

(OOC) Sorry guys, power got knocked out Friday evening, and only now has come back on.

Toothry nods and attempts to cast Detect Enemy a few times.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:29 am

Toothry casts "Detect Enemy", and yes, there is something there, on the edge of perception.

Toothry points back towards the way they have come. "There is something that way."
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:07 am

A worried frown crosses Adreena's face " Something we missed...or missed us ? Can you tell what it is ? Count ? Is it heading this way ? "

" Raveeesh any ideas what we may have passed ? "

She turns to Sing " If Toothry can't give us any further information, then it might be best if you go look, invisibly, of course. . Just don't bring it down on us. "

" Meanwhile perhaps I should see to providing us an alternate escape route. " She flourishes her lockpicks and motions Wildthwing to follow her . " The rest of you set up an ambush. I don't know how long this lock will take. We should be ready for anything. "
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:40 am

Sing turns invisible, and goes to explore the area Toothry indicated.
MarbitChow

Postby LTDave » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Sing casts invisibility on the third attempt, and heads off back down the tunnel.
LTDave

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Wildthwing stands where told.
WhirdCheese

Postby LTDave » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:18 am

Sing returns from his scouting.

"A snake. I thought it might smell me, so I came back."

Orders?

{a reminder to players that I am travelling over the next two weeks, so updates from me will be sporadic to non-existant}
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:32 am

Adreena will make sure Wildthwing is in position and inspect the gate carefully. Is the lock accessible from both sides ? Are there any wires or attachments that would signify some attempt to trap the lock or door. Any contact or pressure plates that might send an alarm once the door is opened ?

She will, during her inspection, call Sing up to discuss counterspelling the door, dismissing him back to the main body once he has confirmed the door is not spelled or has cast a counter spell. Only resuming her inspection and attempt once he is clear.

When she is satisfied that there are no traps or that she has dealt with all obvious ones she will attempt to pick the lock.

Does she think she will be able to lock the door once she has opened it ?

OOC just to note I will be mostly unavailable 3-5 july and away from computers 12 - 23rd july (annual holiday). So expect sporadic communication from me between those dates /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:16 am

Craven asks "Raveesh, are the local snakes poisonous?"
Swodaems

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games