Erfabet

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Erfabet

Postby peteratjet » Wed May 22, 2013 12:35 pm

6 is for dwagons in six colorations
(The seventh was lost in a Retconjuration)



... but which one? We now have red, blue, green, yellow, pink and purple, as shown
peteratjet
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Salem » Wed May 22, 2013 12:51 pm

peteratjet wrote:
6 is for dwagons in six colorations
(The seventh was lost in a Retconjuration)



... but which one? We now have red, blue, green, yellow, pink and purple, as shown

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Dwagon
"Too cute to (stay) croak(ed)!"
Salem
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Thomar » Wed May 22, 2013 2:00 pm

"For the purposes of printing the Erfworld books all black / brown dragons were Retconjured to purple."

And here:

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Retconjuration

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/155 ... sts/183910

"When it came time for Rob and company to design the Real World dwagon plushies, the total number of colors initially came to seven. Pink, red, blue, purple, green, yellow, and black. Rob didn't really want to make seven different colors of plushie, because it's an odd number and it just felt like way too many for a set. This led Rob to see if he could get away with dropping one color of dwagon. After looking, Rob found that black (dark brown?) dwagons had only appeared once or twice, and never in combat. Furthermore, he thought black material would look bad with the embroidered eyes. A little while later, in the webcomic The Order of the Stick[2], a dramatic story moment occurred: many, many black dragons (not called dwagons in OOTS) from all over the planet were instantly wiped out by a spell. Rob considers OOTS to be sort of Erfworld's godfather comic; this led him to the conclusion that the same spell must have killed off Erfworld's black dwagons. This prompted Rob to Retconjure all black/brown dwagons to purple for the book printing.[3] (Note that nothing was said about Retconning them in the webcomics, and some readers have reported still finding brown/black dwagons in the book.) "
Thomar
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Zippy the Squirrel » Wed May 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Awww, that's cute, a little nod and sorta cameo kinda deal thing.
Image
User avatar
Zippy the Squirrel
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:53 am

Re: Erfabet

Postby Aster Azul » Thu May 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Thomar wrote:"For the purposes of printing the Erfworld books all black / brown dragons were Retconjured to purple."

And here:

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Retconjuration

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/155 ... sts/183910

"When it came time for Rob and company to design the Real World dwagon plushies, the total number of colors initially came to seven. Pink, red, blue, purple, green, yellow, and black. Rob didn't really want to make seven different colors of plushie, because it's an odd number and it just felt like way too many for a set. This led Rob to see if he could get away with dropping one color of dwagon. After looking, Rob found that black (dark brown?) dwagons had only appeared once or twice, and never in combat. Furthermore, he thought black material would look bad with the embroidered eyes. A little while later, in the webcomic The Order of the Stick[2], a dramatic story moment occurred: many, many black dragons (not called dwagons in OOTS) from all over the planet were instantly wiped out by a spell. Rob considers OOTS to be sort of Erfworld's godfather comic; this led him to the conclusion that the same spell must have killed off Erfworld's black dwagons. This prompted Rob to Retconjure all black/brown dwagons to purple for the book printing.[3] (Note that nothing was said about Retconning them in the webcomics, and some readers have reported still finding brown/black dwagons in the book.) "


Wow, haha! What an interesting tidbit of trivia!
Like our new game, King's Ascent!
https://www.facebook.com/KingsAscent
User avatar
Aster Azul
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Erfabet

Postby Diodri » Wed May 29, 2013 1:51 am

The current update is "V is for Vinny."

It looks to me like the blonde vampire is sporting a prosthetic limb. Does anyone else agree, and has a thing ever appeared in Erfworld before? To my knowledge it hasn't.
User avatar
Diodri
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Lilwik » Wed May 29, 2013 2:11 am

Diodri wrote:It looks to me like the blonde vampire is sporting a prosthetic limb.
That's not a prosthetic limb. She's Dollamancy, Motion without Life. She's probably an actual Doll.
Lilwik
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby frei » Wed May 29, 2013 3:20 pm

The Vinny one is great!! Vinny is great, the doll is great, and the night sky is great.
frei
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:24 am

Re: Erfabet

Postby Shai_hulud » Wed May 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Yeah, think it's a doll. Pretty cool looking too. Like it better than the other dolls so far a little bit.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Lor » Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 pm

"V is for Vinny"

I'm guessing this is a bit of a pre-FAQ Vinny, as I think his signamancy has changed since becoming the prince-consort. What seems strangest to me, however, is the woman on Vinny's left (viewer Right). Isn't that Bunny? One would think she would be more apt to be hanging on Caesar's arm.

Update: I was about to give reasons as to why it might not be wrong (part of the secret, etc), but on further comparisons, I think I was mistaken. I do not believe that is meant to be Bunny. If nothing else, there is no pendant.

Overall, this post may seem worthless, but hopefully someone else has been pondering this and I've helped them. Flip between LIAB 59 and this picture. You'll see the differences. Even allowing for the stylistic shift, they are too different.
Sir Cedric: Delayed? How so?
Wamba: Well, when I heard Normans were approaching I ran to lock up my wife. But, she'd also heard they were approaching, and locked me up instead.
User avatar
Lor
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:13 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby StClair » Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 am

Good old Manpower, who gave us the first of our in-jokes.
StClair
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Diodri » Thu May 30, 2013 11:41 pm

May the Key-lime pie always be with him.
User avatar
Diodri
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Fjord » Fri May 31, 2013 5:30 am

Nice stanley right there
User avatar
Fjord
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:11 am

Re: Erfabet

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Fri May 31, 2013 4:22 pm

That is definitely the best picture of Stanley drawn yet. He has never looked so badass.
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Vreejack » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Apparently J. J. Abrams is directing the book, now.
So...Watashi wa mizugorō ga sukina koto o kiita, neh?
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
User avatar
Vreejack
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby drachefly » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:31 pm

How so?
User avatar
drachefly
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby SteveMB » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Vreejack wrote:Apparently J. J. Abrams is directing the book, now.

drachefly wrote:How so?


A little-known fact* is that the subtitle of "Star Trel: Into Darkness" was intended to leave audiences with the impression that Abrams was going to quit tossing in lens flare effects every five seconds.

*because I just made it up
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
User avatar
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Erfabet

Postby Vreejack » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:46 am

SteveMB wrote:
Vreejack wrote:Apparently J. J. Abrams is directing the book, now.

drachefly wrote:How so?


A little-known fact* is that the subtitle of "Star Trel: Into Darkness" was intended to leave audiences with the impression that Abrams was going to quit tossing in lens flare effects every five seconds.

*because I just made it up


For those who missed what I was referring to, there were suddenly two panels in a row rife with lens flare effects. They would not have been sequential in the book, so it was likely mostly an accident, unless the artist is experimenting with a new effect. Or just saw Into Darkness.
So...Watashi wa mizugorō ga sukina koto o kiita, neh?
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
User avatar
Vreejack
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:43 pm

I should say , I have been really enjoying the Erfabet.

The rhymes and pictures have done a great job of portraying the characters and aspects that is Erfworld , in just a little bit of space.

Parson's rhyme was awesome.
Bogroll was defintily the best choice for the #1 spot.
Stanley with the Arkenhammer was badass.

Having yellow be y though, seems like cheating :p. But there isn't really any better choice. And the rhyme for it was funny.
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Erfabet

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 am

A is for Archons... casters? I thought that when Parson talked to Archon it was stated that they are not casters as such, but flying knights with special skills that are accounted as shockamancy blast, or something like that.
Image
User avatar
Intocabille_CZ
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 8:06 am
Location: Czech Republic

Next

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests