Sweeping Dwagon

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon May 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Wildthwing sits near the edge of the Megadugon. Every time they enter a new hex he whirls around and his breakfast flies out. No one gets close to him because who wants to get coated by twoll vomit?
WhirdCheese
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Lipkin » Mon May 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Is it too late to join? I've already started my character, but I won't post if it's too late.

Hoping a former Transylvito Vampire isn't outside of the question. Ex-Count Toothry A'Ah. Mathamancer.
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Mon May 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Adreena and Sing examine the gem. It seems a little bit... odd. More artificial then a regular gem - or perhaps just more carefully cut? Of course, the more you look at anything the more ridiculous it seems. I mean, look at this flying Megadugon... weird.

Adreena and Sing both pass knowledge tests. The gem is no ordinary gem, but exactly what it is is not quite clear.

The party have arrived at Lord Wye Island, and are disembarking. What would you like to do?


(Lipkin, PM me your character info, and I'll try to work you in if you are keen)
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Swodaems » Mon May 20, 2013 9:09 pm

LTDave wrote:Adreena and Sing both pass knowledge tests. The gem is no ordinary gem, but exactly what it is is not quite clear.

So we can't tell if it's magical. That doesn't mean we can't take steps to ensure that it isn't.
MarbitChow wrote:Sing will dump all of his newly acquired Schmuckers into picking up another spell for his spellbook: "Countermagic".
Swodaems
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon May 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Love Shack will look around the arrival area for anything or anyone particularly interesting, or for that matter any big beefy types that look like they could be convinced to join the stack. Things go better when a stack is properly defended
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 21, 2013 12:23 am

Sing guides Adreena off to the side. "This gem concerns me. I believe we should turn it over to Jax. Tell them that we saw no harm in taking gems from them when we made no promises in return. Any resource out of their hands and in ours lessens them and strengthens us, after all. But this gift appears to be more than it seems, and if it is a focus by which a lookamancer can follow us, we should be rid of it. Of course, as mercenaries, we're loathe to part with something of value for nothing in return..."
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 21, 2013 4:27 am

Adreena nods as she bundles the gem into her cloak and stows the cloak in her pack " Aye. I think we should tell our stack first though. We do not know how Jax will take the news and it may not go well with them. We should be ready. "

She raises her voice " Stack Seven, to me ! Jax... see to the others, then come over, we may have important news. "

She will move to the back of the Megadugon and deposit her pack on the deck
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Tue May 21, 2013 6:29 am

Image

Lord Wye Island is an tropical idyll [sic]. Three hexes, in the middle of a vast and largely indifferent ocean.
Jax' camp is on the northern most hex, and consists of a hall and two huts. There is a wooden palisade, and a jetty where Stephanie is moored.
The crew are busy cleaning the vast monster, pouring buckets of sea water all over, and scrubbing with large mops. Stephanie makes a gentle cooing noise, or at least as gentle as a flying sea creature the size of a football field can get.

The various units are disembarking, and Jax is speaking to one of the stacks on the jetty. They seem to be having a disagreement, and a short caster, floating a few inches from the planks, seems to be the bone of contention.

Jax looks up as Adreena calls for stack seven to assemble on the Megadugon. She frowns and then waves an acknowledgement. With you in a few.

Jax continues the conversation for a phase, and then the stack on the jetty head off to the huts. The Buccanelf and the floating weirdo make their way back to Stephanie.

"Time to come ashore, folks. There are only a few more phases before end of turn, and I need to brief on the plan. Big turn coming up."

"What's the news?"
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 21, 2013 7:26 am

Adreena will use the time and space afforded by the unloading of the other stacks to quickly bring stack seven up to speed on their suspicions on Sy and the gem. She will move away from her pack to quietly outline to the stack that they suspect the gem may be "bugged" (although she will not use that term) and are planning to let Jax know about it and about Sy. She will suggest that they be prepared for a hostile response from Jax but will be confident that she can negotiate a settlement to "our" advantage.

OOC I'm waiting for player responses IC to our situation before posting Adreena's reply to Jax. If you've any suggestions how you think we should handle it make them in character /OOC
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 am

"Keep magic thing away from Wildthwing! Magic untrustworthy!"
WhirdCheese
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Swodaems » Tue May 21, 2013 9:03 am

As soon as Craven disembarked from the Megadugon, he began the task of surveying his surroundings, looking for places to run to.

When asked about the gem, he says, "Couldn't we just destroy the gem and not say anything? Gets rid of the problem and doesn't cause more." The words are somewhat timid and unconvincing, even to Craven's ears. He is standing in a way to make himself as small as possible and can't maintain eye contact with any other member of the group. Part of him realizes that they may have already given away the position of an island base to D'step. A base that appears to be the permanent home of Jax and her crew.
Swodaems
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 am

Swodaems wrote:As soon as Craven disembarked from the Megadugon, he began the task of surveying his surroundings, looking for places to run to.


OOC just a quick note that Adreena specifically called the stack to her so they would not disembark /OOC

She quickly whispers before Jax arrives " Aye, Craven. We could do that, if anyone else is of a mind to......." she leaves a pause for statements of accord " However, I think we can turn the situation to our advantage and the advantage of Balen, if they've but a mind to listen. "
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 21, 2013 9:34 am

Sing waves an arm disdainfully. "Sell it to them already, and suggest they take a swift scout and keep the gem moving for several turns. If the gem allows them to look and listen, the damage is already likely done, but if not, perhaps they can at least cause some misdirection. But suggest to them that if the gem is a link, it may work both ways."
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2509
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Lipkin » Tue May 21, 2013 5:55 pm

OOC: Was that my character being introduced? Or do I need to be added to the stack. Also, when I said that he was the same size as The Count, I was figuring that Muppets would average out to the same size as Erf Worlders.
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Tue May 21, 2013 10:14 pm

[ooc (or is that oogm?) - not yet lipkin. You're standing there while Jax waits for the stack to tell their story]
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed May 22, 2013 10:57 am

OOC I'm assuming the no-one is going to add any ideas on what we should do at this point. So I'll go ahead with Adreena's relpy /OOC

Adreena walks toward Jax as she re-boards Stephanie (and consequently AWAY from her backpack ). She insistently hisses
" Before you say anything, realize that what we say now may already be compromised. It seems we may have unwittingly brought an acrobat lookamancy device on this journey. I advise you to get your lookamancer and some forces aboard and get the Megadugon airborne so we can inspect the device away from here. The device is blinded in yonder backpack but may be sending them sound or transmitting it's location so the sooner you act the the less information they have. "
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Thu May 23, 2013 7:28 am

"What?"

"I don't understand."


"What? WHAT?"

"I don't have a look-a-mancer. Balen has a look-a-mancer, and Balen is about fifty hexes from here."

Jax shakes her head.
"Stephanie only has one move left - I cannot take her away from the Island."

"Show me this... device."
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu May 23, 2013 8:48 am

" Aye, very well if you think we should risk it. The device is a gem..., not an ordinary gem but we have not yet divined what it does. So be careful what you say ...or do... in case it is sending to a lookamancer "

she leads her to the pack her voice dropping to a whisper as she does so.

" It would be helpful if you had someone to examine the extent of it's abilities. "

"The rest of you keep back. No sense in giving away more information"

She opens the pack and unrolls her cloak using the hood as a bowl so the gem has only a view of sky and faces
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Fri May 24, 2013 12:20 am

Jax looks at the device, handles it briefly, holds it up to the light. "Crud."

"So you met Count D'Step, eh? How much did he pay you to bring this thing along?"

"It's called a geeps. Gem Positioning Similucarum. All our attempts at steering a random course will have been futile. It won't record voices, or even show what surrounds it, but a Find-a-mancer can always know where the blasted things are. Crud and Dang!"

Jax shakes her head and looks over at the Island. "Sure was an tropical idyll I once had."

"Maybe... just maybe... D'Step will think we've stopped for the night in the middle of a water hex, rather than at an Island. We are a fair way from the mainland. Maybe he won't bother coming to look for what he knows isn't here. Or maybe he'll hire a Look-a-mancer to spot from above. Dang and Blast!"

"Well, it matters little. I have a number of places to camp in the off-duty turns. None quite as nice as Lord Wye, though. Alright, thanks for showing it to me. Your honesty is appreciated. D'Step wants to know where the mission is headed, and he will know it isn't the middle of the South Sea. So we'd better not leave the thing here, or smash it here. Keep a hold of it, and drop it off the side halfway through nextturn's journey. I wonder if a find-a-mancer can find the thing at the bottom of a water hex? It's a long way down, or so the merfolk say."

Jax shakes her head again and sighs.

"Never mind. Right, stack seven, this is a new member for your team. A'Ah, or something. This stack is a bit more multi-ethnic than his last, so hopefully you won't object too much to a transylvito."

"If you do object, I might just drop the lot of you off Stephanie halfway through the journey. It's a long way to swim back to the mainland."

"A'Ah, introduce yourself. Then come ashore, I need to brief the stacks on the plan. And we might need to place some sentries for the off-turn, now that D'Step knows where we stopped."
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Lipkin » Fri May 24, 2013 1:00 am

The strange looking gentleman caster bowed low, and then adjusted his monocle. He seemed to examine each party member in turn, his friendly smile showing off his fangs.

"Greetings all. I am one Toothry A'ah, Mathmancer. And Jax, if you do not mind, I may have a solution to this geeps issue."

Toothry rummaged briefly within his cape, and withdrew a doombat.

"Give the geeps to Victor here. He will fly on an alternate route to us, and drop it far out of our way. If we are within range of his move by tomorrow, he'll return to us, otherwise he'll come back to this island and wait for us here. If we don't make it back, at the very least he's surprisingly adept at fishing. Does this seem acceptable?"

The ex-count stroked his goatee as he peered at the party's leader.


ooc Lt, I'm hoping you don't mind that I added a bat to my sheet, seeing as how I'm immediately getting rid of him. I won't make a habit of it, promise. /ooc
User avatar
Lipkin
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron