Sweeping Dwagon

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 am

She turns around again to face him making sure her expression is neutral
" Sy ...if that is your name... It looks like time to lay our cards on the table too. Although I took his coin I have no compulsion to withold information from you.. apart from my natural distrust." *allows herself a wry smile* " However, you must know that we were 'mere' mercenaries and were not party to any specifics of the mission. Thus we cannot give you what you seek be it under offer of coin nor pain of torture"
She casually walks forward a pace while furiously trying to work out how far along the wharf they have come and how deep the water might be and how close to the shore.
"What we can offer you, however..." she pauses to gauge his interest and to scan the sky for flying elves before continuing "is the chance to learn these things. I have not had the chance to tell the elf of our first encounter, so Balen should still be unaware of your interest"

"It would seem to me that anyone who hires a hundred mercenaries at those rates is well financed. Who might have that sort of backing? "

"The amount of mercenaries and the secrecy speaks of prodigious planning for a co-ordinated strike. Who might have the desire or the resources ? "

"It is your move, will you take the opportunity to have us learn more ?" *she raises a brow*.
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Thu May 16, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1188
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Thu May 16, 2013 9:27 am

If Sing was perceptive enough to notice this unusual interaction going on, and he can do so without calling attention to himself, he'll cast Invisibility and examine Sy in as much detail as possible before the spell runs out.
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Swodaems » Thu May 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Craven will move slightly off to one side of the group and slightly back towards the beginning of the wharf. Running away from the man would just mean trapping himself at the end of a pier without knowing if there is help or not. If there is a crate or barrel off to one side in the space between the group and the man, Craven prepares to dive behind it in the case that the man has some archer allies as backup.
Swodaems
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Thu May 16, 2013 5:26 pm

"An interesting proposal. You really know nothing? Fascinating."

"The value of information in advance would be much greater than information after the fact. Hmmm. Here, take this gem. It isn't worth 500 Schmuckers, but it is a downpayment on a full report after the fact. Come back to Rossia when you are done, and I will guarantee you a thousand schmuckers - perhaps more - for everything you saw and did. We are particularly interested in anything to do with Balen."

"Do we have a deal?"
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu May 16, 2013 6:40 pm

" You leave us,little choice as I presume you would not face an armed group unaided or be foolish enough to depend merely on bribes or our acceptance of your ruse. But I will let my companions speak for themselves on your offer."

she tilts her head to speak over her shoulder to the rest of the stack, her eyes swiveling to keep Sy in her vision

"Does he have a deal ? "

OOC I'm loving it BTW. The feeling that we're in over our heads and now have to tread carefully just to keep our skins will keep me engrossed. Brilliant ! /OOC
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1188
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby ETheBoyce » Thu May 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Shack yawns, he did not exactly sleep last night, though a bed was involved. He turns a cynical gaze on this would be spymaster.

"A thousand schmuckers you say? On top of that gem which is worth how much? Right now there are five of us in this stack currently so you are merely meeting Balen's down payment to each of us when you divide it up. You seem to want information badly, I suggest you make it worth our actual while to get it."
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Thu May 16, 2013 8:55 pm

"The gem is merely a bauble - 50 or 60 schmuckers at best. It is only a token, a trifle. I'll not pay large sums in advance when you are likely not to survive whatever Balen has in mind for. But if you do survive, the thousand schmuckers, merely for a report? I would say that is quite generous enough."

"This is all assuming that the elf ever turns up, or can find you in this fog. Or that you do not annoy me enough to click my fingers. What do the rest of you say?"
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby WhirdCheese » Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 pm

"Wildthwing no care. Wildthwing do care if puny man try to hurt Wildthwing's stack. Wildthwing will cut puny man up swiftly if puny man try's to hurt Wildthwing's stack."

Translation: Wildtwing is fine with it but will attack puny man if he makes an aggressive move. With the Greataxe.
WhirdCheese
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Fri May 17, 2013 1:50 am

"Restrain your twoll. And you, caster... don't even think about it.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Sat May 18, 2013 6:58 am

"Well? What's it to be? I don't have all turn."
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 18, 2013 8:09 am

Sing sighs. "Seek us out when our mission is done, spy. As you say, we probably won't survive. And if we do, we may learn nothing of value. Conversely, we may earn such rewards that your bribe would have no attraction for us. You risk nothing by finding us later and making an offer when we have something to sell. You waste your money trying to buy information from those who have none, and trying to buy the loyalty of those who are already paid for will cost you much more than the paltry sums you dangle before us."
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Sat May 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Sy sighs and shrugs.

"Well, I suppose that is an answer. Here."

He tosses the gem to Adreena.

"I hope to see you all again soon."

Sy turns and walks away.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Sat May 18, 2013 11:50 pm

The stack watches Sy walk away. They wait for a few phases, making multiple perception checks. Nothing.

The stack walks to the end of the Wharf. The fog starts to clear. There are no boats, no ships, no nothing. Now what?

The stack looks at each other. Hmmm. Shack clears his throat and is about to suggest a return to the pleasure spots of Rossia, when Sing points up into the air zone. "Look."
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Sun May 19, 2013 6:05 am

Image
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Sun May 19, 2013 6:19 am

The creature lands in the water a few yards from the wharf, sending a wave of water over the stack. It slowly approaches, and Jax appears on its head.

"Hey! There you are!"

"Where have you been? Didn't you get my message? No time to talk, get on board. We need to move out, now."

The stack climb aboard, and Jax gives a quick grin. "Welcome aboard. This is Stephanie, my flying Megadugon. Find a place to stow your gear, and grab a seat."

A crewman turns to Jax "All set, Captain Perot?"

She nods. "Yes. Go, go, go."

The vast beast shakes its tail and flaps frantically. With a small 'ploit' it lifts from the water and floats back into the air zone.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Sun May 19, 2013 6:32 am

"Set course for the Island." Jax turns to the stack. "I sent you a carrier Orly - why didn't you meet at the new rendezvous?"

"I got word that D'Step had been shadowing some of our units. The syndicate hates us, and D'Step would do anything to sabotage Balen's contracts. When you didn't show up with the other stacks, I decided to risk a return to Rossia."

"We're enroute now to our jump-off point. Sit down and take a load off. I need to help fly this 'ol girl."
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Swodaems » Sun May 19, 2013 9:48 am

Craven speaks up and says, "We received no message about a change in meeting place."

Getting rather bluntly to the point, Craven asks "What is the Syndicate? Who is D'Step?"
Swodaems
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Mon May 20, 2013 3:38 am

“The Sydnicate? Are you newly popped, or just new to the Continent?
The Syndicate are a bunch of mercenaries who want to regulate the industry. They want all ‘irregular’ operators to co-operate, agree on price, standards, and so on. Of course, the Syndicate will take a cut off the margin. Most of us disagree, and choose not to join. Balen is the biggest of the operators who refuses. He says he wants nothing to do with them, so they hate him, and try to cwoak him whenever they can.”

“Of course the local powers don’t want the irregular market regularised, as it will make things more expensive – and the Syndicate might end up being more powerful than some of the minor states. And they don’t like that idea at all.”

“Count D’Step is a pretty powerful acrobat, head of a group called “Jugglers, inc.” Bunch of sneaks, hiding in shadows and poisoning drinks. I don’t like him much, but there’s always been a rivalry between acrobats and buccaneers. Can’t explain why, must just be a whim of the Titans.”

“The Orly I sent must have Yarly been cwoaked by D’Step. He’s just playing silly games.”

“Just sit tight now, I need to concentrate for a bit.”




The flying Megadugon flies a casually erratic course over what seems to be endless hexes of water. The Ocean, perhaps? The course is generally east, but it is hard to keep track of hexes and directions. The journey is not quite gentle, and a number of the passengers are ill, to the amusement of the small crew.

As well as stack seven, there are a number of other mercenaries on board, though for the most part they keep to themselves.

Finally, with the sun setting behind them, Jax looks back at the cargo of units.

“There it is. Take a good look, folks. Not many units see this and live.”

“That’s Lord Wye Island, home of Stephanie, and the Jax Bunccanneers.”


ATTENTION LURKERS (if any):

Now is your last chance to join this adventure. Sign up now, or forever keep your peace.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2374
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 am

Adreena slowly pushes through the assembled mercenaries heading for the least crowded part of the Megadugon carriage, motioning for Sing to follow her.
Keeping her tone low but casual she says " Sing, as a caster would you be able to tell if an heirloom I have had any mancies on it ?.... See... I have this gem given by my village hedman," *she unveils the gem recently tossed her by Sy/D'Step* " who said it would keep me safe. I need to know if it is true or was it said to boost my confidence ? Can you tell ? "
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1188
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Mon May 20, 2013 11:54 am

Sing nods, and carefully examines the gem. LTDave, is there anything unusual about it that I can discern?
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Werebiscuit and 1 guest