MK Caster Speculation thread

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

MK Caster Speculation thread

Postby Lipkin » Fri May 03, 2013 7:29 pm

Relatively new to the forum, so forgive me if there is an old thread about this, but I'm not looking through 25 pages of threads, and "caster" and "speculation" are too common of words to search.

I was going back rereading some of book 2, and this time I took a closer look at some of the background casters in the Magic Kingdom. All of them are visual references to popular culture, some recognizable, some obscure. But given the way Erfworld works, their appearance is directly tied into their discipline. So this thread is to have fun speculating not on who these characters are, but what their discipline could be based upon what we know about the character they are based on.

For example, in this update http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/?px=%2F2011-03-31.png it looks like Cinderella's Fairy Godmother is walking with Jafar from Alladin. Most of the Fairy Godmother's magic came in the form of transformations, so I'd say she's either a Change-a-mancer, or a Foolamancer. Jafar is tougher, because his role in his films were much more about scheming than his actual magic. But Jafar spent a lot of time hunting for the cave of wonders, and then used a device to find the so called "diamond in the rough." Lookamancer is a possibility. His hypnosis could point to thinkamancy, but he isn't shown in the gathering of Thinkamancers, so I'm discounting it.

So what do you got?

Take a look at this page, third panel. I'm especially interested in Mary Poppins and the Red Spy from Team Fortress 2.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -07-16.jpg
Lipkin

Re: MK Caster Speculation thread

Postby bladestorm » Fri May 03, 2013 10:35 pm

There was something similar. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6385

It stopped at just figuring out what the visual references were for the casters, not what their discipline would be.
bladestorm

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri May 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Gonna say TF2 Spy is Foolamancer.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Sat May 04, 2013 2:13 am

Shai_hulud wrote:Gonna say TF2 Spy is Foolamancer.

Makes sense, though he only effects himself in the game. He might be a Changeamancer. Or, being from TF2, he might be all about Hat Magic.

Mary Poppins might be a Weirdomancer, since we know Weirdomancers have to do with adding or subtracting specials.
Lipkin

Postby Shai_hulud » Sat May 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Lipkin wrote: since we know Weirdomancers have to do with adding or subtracting specials.

No we don't. Why do people keep saying that?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Doctor Foreman » Sat May 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Shai_hulud wrote:
Lipkin wrote: since we know Weirdomancers have to do with adding or subtracting specials.

No we don't. Why do people keep saying that?

We know that Weirdomancers can cancel flying units' flight specials.
"If you leave out important things or events that you know about, the story is strengthened. If you leave or skip something because you do not know it, the story will be worthless." - Hemingway
Doctor Foreman

Postby Shai_hulud » Sat May 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Yeah, but that's the only one. For all we know, it can be manipulated because it's a movement special. There is no proof that it can control specials in general. But people keep saying that like it's a fact.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Sat May 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Shai_hulud wrote:Yeah, but that's the only one. For all we know, it can be manipulated because it's a movement special. There is no proof that it can control specials in general. But people keep saying that like it's a fact.

Well, we know Weirdomancy can add and/or remove flight, which Marry does plenty of.
Lipkin

Postby Shai_hulud » Sat May 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Yeah, see and that's what I was thinking too. I just get bothered when people say things that aren't true yet. The wiki is full of that kind of stuff. I had to delete a thing yesterday that claimed Olive killed her fathers heir. Awful.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Doctor Foreman » Tue May 07, 2013 7:45 am

Shai_hulud wrote:Yeah, see and that's what I was thinking too. I just get bothered when people say things that aren't true yet. The wiki is full of that kind of stuff. I had to delete a thing yesterday that claimed Olive killed her fathers heir. Awful.

Easy mistake to make; she has croaked some of Charlie's children.
"If you leave out important things or events that you know about, the story is strengthened. If you leave or skip something because you do not know it, the story will be worthless." - Hemingway
Doctor Foreman

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue May 07, 2013 11:58 am

Nope, they listed that separately I think. In the wiki I mean. I would guess it was because they didn't look up what hericide meant.

Anyway, I'm Gonna suggest that the Dick Tracey guy is a Findamancer. Since the only other Findamancer we have is a reference to Spencer for hire.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Wed May 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Well, given that, I wouldn't say it's awful. It seems clear enough that one wouldn't look it up and find out that they were wrong.
drachefly

Return to Everything Else Erfworld