Book 2 – Page 106

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby Pokota » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:57 am

zexius wrote:Hi everyone!
First time poster, just to share my thoughts.
Z is one of the axis to describe position in 3D.
Control - Z = Control third dimension, go underground, or fly up. You guess what and who i have in mind. It involves moving capital and casters OFC.

Except that doesn't make any sense within the context that Parson made his quip. "Control Z" without the dash is two separate words meaning to control Z. "Control-Z" with the dash? That's one word, and in the Windows-centric realm of computer geeks (which Parson was heavily implied to be - and don't say 'He could have been running Linux or Mac or something' when we all know Windows has the lion's share of the market due to the combination of ease-of-use and affordability) it means to undo the last action done, provided such an undo is possible. You can undo moving something to the recycle bin, but you can't undo emptying the recycle bin.

Also, there's something going on here that we haven't considered.
zyxophoj wrote:Also, it depends rather heavily on Wanda ... not being Wanda.
Pokota

Postby joosy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:12 am

bah. I'm still not buying the reasoning on why Slately had to risk himself and other units to switch the capitols.

If the point was to trap Parson in Jetstone all Charlie had to have Slately do is to wait until Parson was in Jetstone and then retreat all units out of the garrison thus giving control to GK and closing the portal. The whole 'switching capitols' plan appears to just be there to demonstrate to us how a mechanic is used in game so that Parson can manipulate it to his advantage in the future.

Remember that Cubbins was trapped under the rubble and incapacitated. That was enough to prevent GK from taking control of the garrison. Ace' arms may have moved in the drawing but if he was still alive then the garrison would not be in GK's control. Ergo, he is croaked.
joosy

Postby joosy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:14 am

Pokota wrote:Also, there's something going on here that we haven't considered.

Exactly - I expect a new klog update explaining the concept of switching capitols along with a possible exploit next.
joosy

Postby raphfrk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:35 am

Nimelennar wrote:[They can't just leave Spacerock undefended if it's their Capital. I think that if it's destroyed while it's their Capital, bad things happen. They would need to bring Sizemore through to extinguish the inferno and rebuild the city. I think you're right: Ctrl-Z means making Spacerock a Capital again, but I don't think retreat is an option at that point.

Also, if they can bring Sizemore in, then they can also bring in Wanda, so we get to find out what happens when casters are decrypted. This also gets Ace to GK.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby zexius » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:50 am

Pokota wrote:
zexius wrote:Hi everyone!
First time poster, just to share my thoughts.
Z is one of the axis to describe position in 3D.
Control - Z = Control third dimension, go underground, or fly up. You guess what and who i have in mind. It involves moving capital and casters OFC.

Except that doesn't make any sense within the context that Parson made his quip. "Control Z" without the dash is two separate words meaning to control Z. "Control-Z" with the dash? That's one word, and in the Windows-centric realm of computer geeks (which Parson was heavily implied to be - and don't say 'He could have been running Linux or Mac or something' when we all know Windows has the lion's share of the market due to the combination of ease-of-use and affordability) it means to undo the last action done, provided such an undo is possible. You can undo moving something to the recycle bin, but you can't undo emptying the recycle bin.

Also, there's something going on here that we haven't considered.

I'd write it Control + z not "-" and it is capital Z! I will just stick with my idea for now.
zexius

Postby Mogster2 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:32 am

Hmm... if Parson does form his own capitol and makes an alliance with GK, does that mean that the Magic Kingdom has to let Wanda in since the portal now belongs to a friendly side? And would he then get his own turn?

Also, that red dwagon in the 2nd-to-last panel looks sad at being cheated out of his candy. Poor dwagon. :(
Mogster2

Postby arkerpay » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 am

Put yourself in Slately's (little) shoes. He knows he is dead, but still wishes revenge on Lord Hamster. He is savvy enough to attempt to mislead Parson about Charlie's plan. I doubt Slately believed that an inferno was part of the plan. I also doubt Charlie revealed his true plans to Slately.

Break-break. A decrypted dwagon has zero upkeep and would not "need" to devour Slately. It is not known if the Decrypted would consume food/drink for recreation.
arkerpay

Postby Kreistor » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 am

CTRL-Z

Shift capital to Spacerock.

Sizemore undoes the inferno.
Sizemore undoes the damage to the city.
Wanda undoes the death of all the combatants.
City is now as good as it was before Book 2 page 1. Better, even, with Sizemore present for the re-popping of the city.

And, potentially, if they were smart enogh to keep a couple dwagons back... Stanley dwagon-chains to Spacerock, putting a second Arkentool into its defenses, thus undoing all of Charlie's efforts.

I didn't see it, but we can now be certain Ace is dead from the Purple's attack. City wouldn't have fallen if he were still in Garrison and alive.

I wonder how many Archons survived.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby joosy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:20 am

Kreistor wrote:CTRL-Z

zero archons survived, I believe.
joosy

Postby jah77 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:32 am

I think that the whole Jack shenanigans, with him not having any juice left, using a trick to get through the portal, etc., is about to come into play.

What I really think is that Jack found out Charlie's plan somehow and cast some sort of spell to switch bodies (as an illusion) with Sizemore. So it's really Sizemore in Jetstone and not Jack. Now Sizemore can put out the fire.

The reason they did this was to trick Charlie into allowing Parson to take Jetstone. If Charlie knew that Sizemore was in Jetstone, he may not have allowed King Slately to give himself up so easily, or may have used archons to prevent Parson from taking the city, since his ability to take the city and not die would only make Parson stronger, and would of course not allow Charlie to accomplish his goal of killing Parson.
jah77
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby joosy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:44 am

jah77 wrote:I think that the whole Jack shenanigans, with him not having any juice left, using a trick to get through the portal, etc., is about to come into play.

What I really think is that Jack found out Charlie's plan somehow and cast some sort of spell to switch bodies (as an illusion) with Sizemore. So it's really Sizemore in Jetstone and not Jack. Now Sizemore can put out the fire.

The reason they did this was to trick Charlie into allowing Parson to take Jetstone. If Charlie knew that Sizemore was in Jetstone, he may not have allowed King Slately to give himself up so easily, or may have used archons to prevent Parson from taking the city, since his ability to take the city and not die would only make Parson stronger, and would of course not allow Charlie to accomplish his goal of killing Parson.

No no no.. you see Jack IS Charlie. Its the ultimate foolamancy trick but the strain of maintaining two identities has caused him to crack resulting in his apparent mental instability.
joosy

Postby teratorn » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:06 am

Pokota wrote: That's one word, and in the Windows-centric realm of computer geeks (which Parson was heavily implied to be - and don't say 'He could have been running Linux or Mac or something' when we all know Windows has the lion's share of the market due to the combination of ease-of-use and affordability) it means to undo the last action done, provided such an undo is possible.

We know he is a windows guy, Parson was using ie7 and no self-respecting linux geek would use that for regular browsing (though you can easily install and use it in Linux). Affordability could mean something to a geek but easy-of-use? The only good reason would be gaming on the computers.
teratorn

Postby allaces14400 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:29 am

raphfrk wrote:
Nimelennar wrote:[They can't just leave Spacerock undefended if it's their Capital. I think that if it's destroyed while it's their Capital, bad things happen. They would need to bring Sizemore through to extinguish the inferno and rebuild the city. I think you're right: Ctrl-Z means making Spacerock a Capital again, but I don't think retreat is an option at that point.

Also, if they can bring Sizemore in, then they can also bring in Wanda, so we get to find out what happens when casters are decrypted. This also gets Ace to GK.

Which would be awesome.

erwaro, I'll hold you to it if you're wrong, buddy. :)
Last edited by allaces14400 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
You lucky Tool!
allaces14400
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Tathar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 am

I almost expected Parson to accidentally cast a retconjuration spell when he said "Control-Z" there, but I knew better. But yeah, I'm (still) calling that Parson's going to do something to change the GK capital to Spacerock so Sizemore and Wanda can clean up the mess in there. If someone can pull up what I said about that prediction from the Jack update, they get a cookie.

We'll eventually get to the final battle of everyone vs. Charlie, but not today. This update confirmed to me that Parson will work a deal with Tramennis rather than Slately, unless Wanda decrypts the real Slately and something weird happens. That could happen, since the real Slately wouldn't be aware of any of this stuff about an inferno and Charlie wanting Parson dead.
Beeskee wrote:I was reluctant to assume Charlie was the Wizard, since it seems like if a butterfly farts in an unmapped hex, we're all ready to assume it's somehow part of Charlie's grand schemes to control the wind or whatever.
Tathar
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Doctor Foreman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:31 am

teratorn wrote:Ace's head is resting over his arms in frame 10, while in the first frames the arms were to the side. He moved.

It's a trick of perspective. His head could just as easily be behind the arm as on top of it. What adds to the visual confusion is that I think the debris on which he's resting is partially obscuring him, making it look like his arms are folded or something.

Oh, and hello to the forum, I guess!
"If you leave out important things or events that you know about, the story is strengthened. If you leave or skip something because you do not know it, the story will be worthless." - Hemingway
Doctor Foreman

Postby multilis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 am

Occam's razor and you keep your friends close and your enemies closer...

Obviously Charlie is not Jack or Sizemore, that would be too obvious, Charlie is smarter than that.

Parson is looking at portrait of Stanley though corner of his because he *knows*... Stanley is really Charlie, he is the Scarlet Pimpernel of erfworld playing the opposite of what he really is. Having two tools himself, he is able to run two sides with his superior thinkomancy. One day he may snatch wanda's tool as well and run a third side... but for now he likes his backrubs too much.

"Ace" - if Ace was alive the city would not change hands, just as it didn't when Cubbens was still barely alive.
Last edited by multilis on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
multilis

Postby Morni » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 am

Nothing to add other then it's cool and i want other people to see it.. Sorry if someone already posted this.

http://www.erfworld.com/page/3/
Look at the statue in panel 11 (last row, first panel)

Now look at the status in todays page panel 10 (last row, first panel)

The statue livery changed from a human to Bogroll.
Morni

Postby teratorn » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:43 am

Tathar wrote: This update confirmed to me that Parson will work a deal with Tramennis rather than Slately, unless Wanda decrypts the real Slately and something weird happens. That could happen, since the real Slately wouldn't be aware of any of this stuff about an inferno and Charlie wanting Parson dead.

Slately's body was destroyed, a la Bogroll.
teratorn

Postby fjolnir » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:45 am

Can't Pink Dwagons put out fires?
fjolnir

Postby Zippy the Squirrel » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:49 am

joosy wrote:
Kreistor wrote:CTRL-Z

zero archons survived, I believe.

At least one survivor on both sides, the one in contact with Hagar, and the one in Jetstone's captivity.
Zippy the Squirrel
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions