How did Parson get to Level 2?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

How did Parson get to Level 2?

Postby ThisIsNotDan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:02 pm

It's a random question, I know, which is why I put it here. I assume (not sure if it was ever stated) that Parson entered Erfworld at level 1. I believe it was stated somewhere in Book 2 that Parson is now a level 2 warlord. Sorry I don't have time to cite actual comics, but I'm busy at work. This has just been gnawing at me. When and how did Parson level? The only kill we saw him get was a single wiener-rammer near the very end of the Battle for GK. Dunno if that was enough to level in and of itself, but I would doubt it.

Do we know the mechanics of how experience is dealt? I doubt it's just by killing, or else non-combat mancers like predictamancers would never level. Could experience be given for everyone in the stack when a kill is made? Everyone in the hex? Just wondering if I'm overlooking anything.
ThisIsNotDan

Re: How did Parson get to Level 2?

Postby bladestorm » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:19 pm

I think he started as a level 2. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

That was way before the weiner-rammer incident. The only thing he had done by this point was the attack-and-withdraw tactic with the dwagons against the seige, and then losing said dwagons over the lake.

It's not unusual for special units to start above level 1. Or if his level is a reflection of his achievements in Stupidworld -- that's just as very sad look at how bleak his life really was to only have experienced enough to make level 2.
bladestorm

Postby drachefly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Not really. Training is very, very slow, and probably little of what he did actually counted.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby mortissimus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Yes, he started at level 2. If you are surprised at that, imagine what Stanley was. He must have expected a warlord with at least level 10.
mortissimus

Postby 0beron » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Also note that we can't neccessarily be sure he actually IS a level 2. We know that's the bonus he confers, and simply being CWL could grant you a higher bonus than normal. The only thing that ever said he was Lvl 2 was the stupidmeal, which we already know are often incomplete or oversimplified in the info they provide.

It's possible he's level nothing, or it's possible he is a level 2 as a result of his past experience in stupidworld. Or, in a humorous clerical error, Erfworld doesn't have enough zeros to say what level his experience makes him, so he's actually a 2000 but only the 2 shows :p
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby frei » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:43 pm

We can presume he started at level 2 from the Stupid Meal: "1 Chief Warlord, Level 2, Special".

But we don't know what that means, whether he can gain further levels, etc.

Re: the joke above, we know at least double digit levels can be represented; Olive is 12.
frei

Postby 0beron » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:03 pm

frei wrote:We can presume he started at level 2 from the Stupid Meal: "1 Chief Warlord, Level 2, Special".

^fixed that for you with some emphasis, since you seem to have missed my addressing that in my post.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sixty » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:41 pm

I always assumed it was for stupid world experience he had prior to coming to Erfworld. Maybe a fight he got into or high school gym class counting as training or something.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby wih » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Might be related to him being a Heavy unit. Have we had any examples of Heavies being level 1?
wih

Postby niklinna » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:17 pm

0beron wrote:It's possible he's level nothing, or it's possible he is a level 2 as a result of his past experience in stupidworld. Or, in a humorous clerical error, Erfworld doesn't have enough zeros to say what level his experience makes him, so he's actually a 2000 but only the 2 shows :p

Having dealt with just this sort of thing in spreadsheets, I really like this idea. As the kids say, +1!
niklinna
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld