Postby Magil » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:54 am

Well then.

Didn't see that coming.
Magil
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Book 2 – Page 105

Postby Beeskee » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:55 am

And there goes Jack. I wish I hadn't been right.

Now you get to look at a picture of Sad Derpy. I hope you're happy, Rob.

Edit: Rob did kind of warn us in advance:
Spoiler: show
Last edited by Beeskee on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Erzengel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 am

Sigh. There better be a twist, because that was too obvious. "Must've been a trick" said the foolamancer, after all.
Erzengel

Postby Thomas60 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:59 am

I lub you jack
Thomas60

Postby Whispri » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:04 am

I was not expecting Jack to buy it. He really should have gone with a pink.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Sixty » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:09 am

Beeskee wrote:
Edit: Rob did kind of warn us in advance:
Spoiler: show

Oh wow, having those three people in the picture when she said that... Guess it is a bit too much of a coincidence to ignore.

That being said, pleasebefoolamancypleasebefoolamancypleasebefoolamancypleasebefoolamancy.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby the_tick_rules » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:11 am

The X eyes, someone been watching too much OOTS? Well guess we'll get to test the if decrypted caster can cast.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby Jamus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:16 am

the_tick_rules wrote:The X eyes, someone been watching too much OOTS? Well guess we'll get to test the if decrypted caster can cast.

No, we probably won't. I think there's a reason wanda's portal access was cut off.
Jamus
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Angband » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:16 am

the_tick_rules wrote:The X eyes, someone been watching too much OOTS? Well guess we'll get to test the if decrypted caster can cast.

Sorry, we've seen those Xs before in Erfworld.
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Beeskee » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 am

Living Erfworld units have always had X's for eyes when croaked. A recent example is Count Downer. One from Book 1 is the Dwagons that were croaked. Edit: I got ninja'd! :D

Regarding Foolamancy, Jack was out of juice, though he did manage to make it back to Spacerock from the Magic Kingdom while being "out of juice" - then again, there really isn't much of a strategic benefit to playing dead right now. I think he's croaked, folks. :(
Last edited by Beeskee on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Keys2tkingdom » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:19 am

I feel sad. I really can't express what I'm feeling anymore than that
Keys2tkingdom

Postby Drasha » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:19 am

O jack your so funny. Always the trickster.
Drasha

Postby Jedifweak » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:21 am

This is a bit too convenient. Jack decided to rush forward with the Dragon that's spewing sonic effects? The guy who's been gaming with Parson? Charging into a building you're collapsing is generally not something a clever fool would do, so why would this one? I think he and the Dwagon never went in, he merely made it seem like they were. After all, a wave of sound would destroy everything in front of it as though he had charged in.
I still think Jedifreak runs off of a vast macro library.
-Jin Asias
You could do anything you want with it. It's your dead fish.
-Zorua

Jedifweak

Postby Beeskee » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:24 am

So many awesome things in this comic, too. "Come at me, Hasbro", the saving throw. And especially Parson ripping the cloth golem in half with his bare hands. I should have bet on that in the predictamancy thread, but my guess would have been him ripping the head off the doll and pegging Slately with it while yelling "Heads up!" :D
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:26 am

Jamus wrote:

No, we probably won't. I think there's a reason wanda's portal access was cut off.

Bodies can be saved for later Uncroaking, even if they don't split off a new Side, she could have him up on his feet in three turns time if they meet half way.
Whispri

Postby ManaCaster » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:33 am

Whispri wrote:
Jamus wrote:

Bodies can be saved for later Uncroaking, even if they don't split off a new Side, she could have him up on his feet in three turns time if they meet half way.

Also, it could just become one of those eternal mysteries, but the trick he pulled in the magic kingdom was fairly conspicuous from a storytelling point of view and still hasn't been explained. Maybe he substituted his eyebook's juiceless Foolamancy for a spell?
ManaCaster

Postby Diodri » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:34 am

Diodri

Postby MonteCristo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:37 am

Jedifweak wrote:This is a bit too convenient. Jack decided to rush forward with the Dragon that's spewing sonic effects? The guy who's been gaming with Parson? Charging into a building you're collapsing is generally not something a clever fool would do, so why would this one? I think he and the Dwagon never went in, he merely made it seem like they were. After all, a wave of sound would destroy everything in front of it as though he had charged in.

The problem was that the dwagon was partially blind and thus charged in furthar than it was supposed to... Hence Jack's objections.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby name lips » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:45 am

Jacks only hope, in my eyes, is the revelation of what he meant during this exchange:

"Jack, what are you doing here?"
"Well, I've missed our wargames. Haven't you?"
"No, I mean I wasn't supposed to take any casters with me. And I thought you were out of juice anyway."
"Indeed, I am. So I can only conclude I must have used a trick of some sort."

(from here).

Confirming (for the umpteenth time) that he is out of juice, probably to stop speculation that he might be using Foolamancy.

But why would he come... a caster with no Juice is useless. And he's FAR too valuable for his Side to risk his life so rashly, simply because he "misses wargames."

And what sort of "trick" could he possibly have used? Rob wouldn't throw us that line if it wasn't meant to be explained at some point. Is it some sort of hint?

The only explanations I can think of is:
1) It's not really Jack, but some sort of trick to make Parson THINK it's Jack. I don't like this option, but Jack did just mysteriously appear, and there are a gazillion Casters on the other side of the Portal who might be capable of just about anything. But I think Rob has been frustrated with our predictions based on "things are not as they seem" every time Jack is present, and it makes sense to get rid of him in a "what you see is what's really happening" way so we can finally give it up.

2) Jack might know something, some sort of Fate or Prediction or something, that meant he was supposed to die here. Perhaps it was part of the larger plan to spur Parson towards his destiny, so Jack willingly sacrificed himself.
name lips

Next

Return to Reactions