Book 2 – Page 104

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 104

Postby Noigel » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:46 am

- Four panel shots of the scroll on Parson's belt. They don't want us to forget it.

- At a minimum the Reds provide some exit options (flying mounts)... maybe not for Parson, but options are options.
Noigel

Postby cheeseaholic » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Sonic Screwdriver wrote:Unled units attack enemies on sight. Why did none of those dwagons attack the bear on its way to the wall?

There's some heavy hobgobwins around. Might be a warlord or two around there as well.

Granted they're on fire, but still.

Purple is Jack's color, not red. But I wonder if he'll dig up a pink to capture the king.
cheeseaholic

Postby elecampane » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:12 pm

effataigus wrote:
wrecan wrote:As for Jack, I think he has a specific plan in mind for stopping that giant bear and which requires a specific dwagon type.
Well, he better hope that specific type is red, because they're the only ones that are immune to fire.

Unless you're willing to assume that teddybear have some form of fire resistance, I'd say that it is evident that immunity hadn't been necessary to survive the explosion. Moreover, all not-red-or-green dwagons probably had had been much farther from battle lines and epicenter of the explosion.

I feel a bit cheated, though. When we last saw cortyard it looked like there's nothing living there except a lone teddybear, and now there's all these dwagons. Have they been hiding, or what?
elecampane

Postby Zeromedeiros » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Jack's gonna grab a purple =]
Zeromedeiros

Postby Staberinde » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Whispri wrote:
drachefly wrote:It occurs to me, Jack is being awfully picky. Can't he just have the dwagon go in and bite without using breath attacks?

He could, but then, a pink could be used to ensnare someone without fear of killing his own people. Also, if the red dwagon died, that might result in more flames.

The picture has only reds - who may have survived with their immunity to fire? But Jack's words seem to indicate there's more than one color.

If there're other colors around, Jack'll definitely pick pink. They will ensnare Ace with pink.
Staberinde
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby kiyote » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Cubbins is still incapacitated, buried under all the rubble. Even if Parson et all manages to capture/croak everyone in the throne room, they still wouldn't have ownership of the city to put out the fire...
kiyote
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Finwe » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:17 pm

The remaining red dwagons may provide a way to survive an inferno. Find a relatively clear spot in the city, and have the red dwagons make a perimeter to shield from fire and debris.

Also, Ace sent Cubbins away on the Jetpack; Cubbins is no longer in the garrison.
Finwe
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby sheepfly » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Oh good, now he's mad.

Looks like Parson has his full complement of decrypted soldiers and those who cried foul should be pleased that some reds survived the massive explosion. After all, if they're immune to fire, they should be able to start smothering some of the flames with their bodies, if Erfworld physics allows such a thing and Jack thinks of it.

We'll just have to wait and see if Jack found something better to bring to Parson's rescue. Oh, the suspense!!
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Sixty » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Man, that red dwagon looks so sad. Poor guy.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Goshen » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:36 pm

kiyote wrote:Cubbins is still incapacitated, buried under all the rubble. Even if Parson et all manages to capture/croak everyone in the throne room, they still wouldn't have ownership of the city to put out the fire...

Cubbins is safely away. Sounds like you missed this update. It's a treat! http://www.erfworld.com/page/13/
Goshen

Postby splexis » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 pm

peteratjet wrote:
Snork - A lot of definitions for this one, but not sure if it really meant anything in this context. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snork

The Snork Maiden, Moonintrolls girlfriend?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snork_Maiden

And her brother, the Snork.
splexis

Postby kiyote » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Also, Ace sent Cubbins away on the Jetpack; Cubbins is no longer in the garrison.

Completely forgot about that. Consider me corrected!
kiyote

Postby Kreistor » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm thinking Pink. It is the least dangerous breath weapon to your own side. It doesn't kill, but let's others do that for it. And in this case, it let's Parson kill to level up.

I wonder if he has the psyche to murder gummed up enemies.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby name lips » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Sonic Screwdriver wrote:Unled units attack enemies on sight. Why did none of those dwagons attack the bear on its way to the wall?

Perhaps they didn't see it. :P
name lips

Postby Vreejack » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 pm

They are all plush animal dolls or animated animal characters from the 1980's [edit: All of which have been marketed as plush toys]. I guess Raggedy Ann and GI Joe could both also fit that description, but they both go back a lot farther. Now Parson needs to man up and rip out her candy heart.

Chubble http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_Chubbles.htm
They live on love, which makes them an especially unusual war cry. Maybe they all starved to death because they ain't around no more.
"Chubbles and friends were produced by Animal Fair in 1984-85. They were interactive plush toys, which reacted to either light or sound with flashing eyes, noses or beeps [sic]. There was also a small set of plastic figures which also lit up."

Snorks are smurf-class animated failures. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snorks
"The Snorks is an animated television series produced by Hanna-Barbera which ran on NBC from September 15, 1984, to May 13, 1989."

Puffalumps, a Fisher-Price line of plush animal dolls, debuted in 1986 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffalump

Gund Snuffles debuted in 1981 and are also still being made.

Monchichis (technically, "Monchhichi") are also in production under franchise in separate countries. Gund makes* some of them, but Mattel holds the US license. They started in the 70's but there was a Japanese animated show for them beginning in 1980. I'm not sure if it showed outside Japan, however.

Nerfuls: Parker-Brothers figurine toys from the 1980's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerful

The Wuzzles was a very lame animated series involving bizzare hybrid creatures, like a cross between a bee and a lion. (Not named Eric). "With only 13 episodes of Wuzzles, it was one of the shortest running animated series produced by Disney. One season later, Wuzzles moved to ABC (which was eventually sold to Disney) for reruns, and disappeared from network television after that." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wuzzles

*Probably all made in China or Vietnam, actually. But that brings up the question of what it actually means to create something. Never mind.

[edit] If you find a weird looking animal toy from Disney, it's probably a Wuzzle. More people have hurt their bare feet from stepping on them than have actually seen the show.
Last edited by Vreejack on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
So...Watashi wa mizugorō ga sukina koto o kiita, neh?
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
Vreejack

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm amused by the facetious thought that the crucial plot reason that the orientation of the room needed to be corrected was so that the bear could use its right arm to swat Parson down the stairs. The quill-like cursive script is a nice touch.

The color of the dwagon is going to telegraph what Jack's thinking, or it wouldn't be so conspicuously unrevealed. So I agree with pink. If Slately has grenades, then the earlier information that Trammenis couldn't even scratch his nose when gummed up may be significant.

Heh, the pewed stabber is holding his sword wrong, just like Parson was. Antium + all those decrypted stabbers + no yellow liveried stabbers left suggests that GK is very much on top of this fight. I hope Antium is having the stabbers screen him, because him being dusted is the most likely way that the tide could be briefly turned back until the dwagon comes in and stacks with Parson. I like Antium, so I hope that he doesn't get dusted just to make Parson look useful.
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby effataigus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:I'm amused by the facetious thought that the crucial plot reason that the orientation of the room needed to be corrected was so that the bear could use its right arm to swat Parson down the stairs. The quill-like cursive script is a nice touch.
Hah, nice thought, though I'd guess the orientation quirk would be to ensure that Ace enters through the side that could let the dwagon in rather than from the city walls zone that the dwagons could not join from.

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:I hope Antium is having the stabbers screen him, because him being dusted is the most likely way that the tide could be briefly turned back until the dwagon comes in and stacks with Parson. I like Antium, so I hope that he doesn't get dusted just to make Parson look useful.
Not sure I agree that Antium+Infantry>Ace+Battle Bear+lazer Clonely. You're probably right, but this seems a bit like a small scale version of the battle that took out Ansom's former column, and we all know how that ended. I'd bet Antium will do some damage before getting zorched, and Ace will just heal it up. Then Parson+Dwagons gets their crack.

Not to turn this into a MMO, but right now team JS has the holy trinity going for them (i.e. tank, damage dealer, healer).
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby John Thacker » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Vreejack wrote:They are all plush animal dolls or animated animal characters from the 1980's [edit: All of which have been marketed as plush toys]. I guess Raggedy Ann and GI Joe could both also fit that description, but they both go back a lot farther. Now Parson needs to man up and rip out her candy heart.

Monchichis (technically, "Monchhichi") are also in production under franchise in separate countries. Gund makes* some of them, but Mattel holds the US license. They started in the 70's but there was a Japanese animated show for them beginning in 1980. I'm not sure if it showed outside Japan, however.

Like the Snorks, there was a Hanna-Barbera US animated series (distinct from the Japanese show) for the Monchhichi in the early 1980s. It was pretty short lived and terrible.
John Thacker

Postby cloudbreaker » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 pm

I had a Wuzzles stuffed animal growing up. It was a lion/bee. My sister had an elephant/kangaroo. They were pretty cool stuffed animals, but I didn't know they were based off a television show until much later.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby teratorn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Maybe Sylvia is still alive and stacked up with them.
teratorn

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions