Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 063

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 063

Postby balder » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:55 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 063

Postby arkerpay » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Oh what a tease you are! I was so hoping for the catharsis of Olive's demise this episode.
arkerpay

Postby Sixty » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Hmmm, wonder if Orwell is croaked? The fact he made no more sound (and we never hear about him during the fall of FAQ) isn't a good sign.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby peteratjet » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 pm

Sixty wrote:Hmmm, wonder if Orwell is croaked? The fact he made no more sound (and we never hear about him during the fall of FAQ) isn't a good sign.

Jillian just gutted him. I'd say there was a strong probability he croaked. :twisted:
peteratjet

Postby teratorn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:33 pm

peteratjet wrote:Jillian just gutted him. I'd say there was a strong probability he croaked. :twisted:

Yes, I'd say Wanda just earned a new fellow.
teratorn

Postby Whispri » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Speaking of Wanda, why didn't she help out?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BCCroaker » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Jillian needs something to fly on to give chase. But I wonder if Wanda can do anything - uncroak Orwell for instance (which might not be useful). She may or may not be in control of the uncroaked of Haffaton after she changed sides. If she is that will produce a number of options, flying units among them. Could even lead to a big fight between the uncroaked and the living of Haffaton.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby kefkakrazy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:39 pm

How interesting.

Lookamancers able to cast a blinding spell is interesting. That tells me that Lookamancers may have other perception-altering powers in that regard. Perhaps a Lookamancer can imbue a friendly unit with a buff that gives them improved vision or better veil-popping chances for the turn?

Tells me that another fun thing that might have been done with something like the Eyemancer Table tri-link could be the creation of some kind of True-Seeing Glasses item...

As always, Jack is a clever bastard. Seeing how quick he was before is interesting, and definitely begs the question of how much he's capable of in the present time, after studying the art of bastardry with Parson for so long.
kefkakrazy

Postby cheeseaholic » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Come on Wanda, magic missile that broom.

Looks like the king is getting to see combat, either for the first time or the first time in a very long time.

I wonder how long a high level caster/ruler can last on her purse? Wanda probably has a good idea....
cheeseaholic

Postby mortissimus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:20 pm

With three friendly and accomplished casters, none of them dispelled the effects of the blinding spell. So I guess Erfworld has no general dispell spell. Just noting.
mortissimus

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:34 pm

I liked this update. The fight was interesting, as in it was hard to tell what was going ot happen next. Jillians abilites also impressed me. She is perceptive, quick thinking, and reasonably intelligent. If it wasn't for her impatience and thrill seeking attitude she would be a great warlord. I wonder if the fact that she is fated, and can't really die, has something to do with the fact of her tendency to be reckless.

I hope Orwell isn't dead,although it sounds like he is. I would like to know more about what a lookamancer can do.
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:42 pm

mortissimus wrote:With three friendly and accomplished casters, none of them dispelled the effects of the blinding spell. So I guess Erfworld has no general dispell spell. Just noting.

Good observation. I wonder if a carnymancer could. Or if a luckamancer could help Jillian shake off the effects of the spell. I healamancer might be able to remove this effect as well.
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Dante » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:52 pm

General dispel of harmful effects would almost certainly be healomancy. Which means the only person there who could even cast it is Wanda the omnicaster... except, she still doesn't know any healomancy spells, even in present-day stories. No side she's ever been part of had a healomancer, and she's unpopular in the Magic Kingdom.
Dante
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby teratorn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:56 pm

Sir_Dr_D wrote: Good observation. I wonder if a carnymancer could. Or if a luckamancer could help Jillian shake off the effects of the spell. I healamancer might be able to remove this effect as well.

Or it could count as an instantaneous spell that causes some sort of injury. The spell is over, you can't dispel the injury, just heal it.
teratorn

Postby cheeseaholic » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:18 pm

I wouldn't be shocked to learn that they have scrolls from every discipline. They should have a lot of scrolls to trade away after all.

There's probably a lookamancer scroll to cure blindness as well.
cheeseaholic

Postby Lamech » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:21 pm

kefkakrazy wrote:How interesting.

Lookamancers able to cast a blinding spell is interesting.

Its possible he just gave Jillian "vision" of something black and useless. She's now seeing the inside of the floor.
Lamech

Postby Denar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm glad that, for all his foolishness, Banhammer was able to see the seriousness of the situation when Jillian ignored his order.

Or maybe he was just shocked speechless by his daughter's defiance and the death of Orwell (maybe the first death Banhammer's witnessed?).

But I'd like to believe that it's the former!
Denar

Postby tgriff02 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Lamech wrote:

Lookamancers able to cast a blinding spell is interesting.

Its possible he just gave Jillian "vision" of something black and useless. She's now seeing the inside of the floor.

Which, for all intents and purposes, would still serve the same purpose. Although, if it were me, I'd give them the vision of traveling through an endless loop of Disney World's "It's a Small World" with lyrics flashing across the center.
tgriff02

Postby Beeskee » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:52 pm

It makes Erfworld sense that Lookamancers can impair the vision of other units. However, that 'touch' range restriction has got to be a killer.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby tgriff02 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Lookamancers able to cast a blinding spell is interesting. That tells me that Lookamancers may have other perception-altering powers in that regard.

I'm begining to wonder just how much overlapt here could actually be between schools of mancy. Look-a-mancers can see the unseen, but can also cause you to see (or maybe just not see) things. Foolamancers can make you see visions; but they get to add in sound, taste, smell, and tactile sensory. Mathamancers can figure the odds of an action being successful, but Predictamancers can give you a yes or no (or an "eventually"). I wonder if maybe the Haffaton guy wasn't on to something; linking up with lots of different castors, and exploring/pushing the bounderies between schools.

To a certain degree, that's what FAQ has been doing all these years, debating the philosphy of theories. Two different approaches tot he same end, one based in actual hands on practice, and the other in debating theory. I wonder just exactly WHERE the hard bounderies actually are.
tgriff02

Next

Return to Reactions