Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 062

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 062

Postby balder » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:42 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 062

Postby Manic Oppressive » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Well, I suspect we're about to see the end of Haffaton. Good riddance to Olive.

And as a Kansas resident, allow me to state my opinion on all of these horrible, base, vile and disgusting accusations of the nature of Kansas.

They are completely true. Carry on.
Why yes, I do like Jillian. WHAT OF IT?
Manic Oppressive

Postby Knight13 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Unlimited move would be very useful indeed, especially if it lets you move when it's not your turn.

And we got confirmation on a bunch of stuff we already suspected. Judy is indeed from our world, Charlie is indeed the former Ruler of Efbaum. This also pretty much confirms that Charlie is not the Arkendish, he's an actual person.

Hmm, I was rather expecting the 'Shoes to disappear along with Judy, which would be why Wanda doesn't have them later. Not sure what's going to happen now that they're still there.
Last edited by Knight13 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight13

Postby asparagus » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Manic Oppressive wrote:Well, I suspect we're about to see the end of Haffaton. Good riddance to Olive.

Yes but we could have a sweepstake on how long the Titans manage to drag it out for. I suggest 8 updates.

Manic Oppressive wrote:And as a Kansas resident, allow me to state my opinion on all of these horrible, base, vile and disgusting accusations of the nature of Kansas.

They are completely true. Carry on.

Yes you stand up for Kansas. Good on you. Can you fix the education system whilst you're at it?
asparagus

Postby derfy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:06 pm

There was a small clap of thunder, as if the air where Judy was standing had slammed together and made her implode. Pieces clattered to the marble floor: the tiara, the anklet, the broomstick staff...

But not the shoes.

Am I reading this wrong? Does '...not the shoes.' mean they're gone?
derfy
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby nmg20 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:07 pm

I think the art for this update, with Jack's face, is my favourite piece of erfworld art ever. I love, additionally, how the politeness he has here ("I took the liberty") and retains into the current arc ties in so perfectly with the courtly mien of Faq.

Incidentally, I read the update as derfy did, i.e. as saying that the shoes are gone (But not the shoes = but the shoes did not clatter to the marble floor).
nmg20
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Radagast » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Awesome update, one of the best ever in terms of resolving so many things at once.
Radagast

Postby Swiftbow » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Knight13 wrote:Unlimited move would be very useful indeed, especially if it lets you move when it's not your turn.

And we got confirmation on a bunch of stuff we already suspected. Judy is indeed from our world, Charlie is indeed the former Ruler of Efbaum. This also pretty much confirms that Charlie is not the Arkendish, he's an actual person.

Hmm, I was rather expecting the 'Shoes to disappear along with Judy, which would be why Wanda doesn't have them later. Not sure what's going to happen now that they're still there.

I thought it was fairly clear that the shoes disappeared with Judy (only everything else stayed behind).

On another note... it just occurred to me that Olive is Glinda, the "good" witch of the north.
Swiftbow

Postby Cantripmancer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Swiftbow wrote:On another note... it just occurred to me that Olive is Glinda, the "good" witch of the north.

Yeah, I realized this from a reference a few updates back and it made me giggle.

Does anyone get why the Tin Man is behaving like a teapot? (Steam from his head, whistling...)

Lovely update. I'm ready for Olive to be done.
Cantripmancer

Postby Knight13 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Swiftbow wrote:I thought it was fairly clear that the shoes disappeared with Judy (only everything else stayed behind).

You're right, I read that wrong.
Knight13

Postby atalex » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Cantripmancer wrote:Does anyone get why the Tin Man is behaving like a teapot? (Steam from his head, whistling...)

He does that in the movie (and possibly the book, too). He blows a whistle out of his head at the end of his dance interlude in "If I Only Had a Heart."

Disappointed to learn that Banhammer is, in fact, fairly stupid. I assume next update Wanda (now that she is loyal to Faq) will explain to the idiot that the peace Olive offers it the peace of the grave, that she can only maintain a side as massive as hers by mass-disbanding and leaving whole cities perpetually empty.
atalex

Postby youngstormlord » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Yay, I was correct! Whoo-hoo! Almost all the things I predicted during episode 52 happened. Awesome update, awesome shoes, awesome Jack Snipe!

P. S. Does this mean that Jack can fool a sense of touch as well? And that brother Orwell is gonna croak, since he is now on the wrong side? And Judy can't curse, she said pig-boop not pigshit, which means that Parson is the one to lead the Erfworld to peace by breaking all the rules. erfworld.http://erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =20#p88905

P. S. 2: Ding dong, Olive's dead:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18881_5- ... witch.html
Last edited by youngstormlord on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord

Postby BrotherRool » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Great update, I agree it's a shame that Banhammer didn't have any sort of plan after all. The only question now should be if Orwell is convinced to turn back again

Knight13 wrote:And we got confirmation on a bunch of stuff we already suspected. Judy is indeed from our world, Charlie is indeed the former Ruler of Efbaum. This also pretty much confirms that Charlie is not the Arkendish, he's an actual person.

And it may suggest that he's an actual person too, since in the story the wizard is also from Stupidworld.
BrotherRool

Postby Fcannon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Yeah, I'd say the "Charlie is from Earth" theory that's been floating around since book 1 has now reached "all but confirmed" status.
Fcannon

Postby tgriff02 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Cantripmancer wrote:
Swiftbow wrote:On another note... it just occurred to me that Olive is Glinda, the "good" witch of the north.

Yeah, I realized this from a reference a few updates back and it made me giggle.

Does anyone get why the Tin Man is behaving like a teapot? (Steam from his head, whistling...)

Lovely update. I'm ready for Olive to be done.

I've been without interwebz for a few days and am playing catch-up. I hope this hasn't already been answered, but I believe that it may be a nod to the visual gag that was done in the musical number of the Movie/Musical with Judy Garland where the tinman blew puffs of smoke from his hat with the whistling effect while dancing/singing his song about wanting a heart. It may be a reference to something in the books though as I have never had the pleasure of reading them.
tgriff02

Postby wrecan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:09 pm

I don't think Orwell would necessarily croak. If, as seems likely, Jillian croaks Olive, then Orwell should become a barbarian. He could realign with with FAQ, become their prisoner, be executed, or be allowed to slip off to the Magic Kingdom. Cite.

In order to save herself, Olive may order Orwell to attack his former Side. That should be entertaining. Olive and Orwell vs. Jack, Jillian, Marie, Wanda and (maybe) Loj.
Last edited by wrecan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrecan

Postby HalfTangible » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:09 pm

I'd like to suggest that Charlie may have ONCE been a person, but got absorbed into the Arkendish when he attuned or something.

It's a fantasy trope and wouldn't clash (as far as I can tell) with what we've seen so far
HalfTangible

Postby tgriff02 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Now that i'm caught up, and I see that I did, indeed, re-answer a question; let me add my "awesome update" as well. Grats to those that proposed the theories that Judy was Stupidworldian, and that the shoes DID in fact take her home, that Charlie IS/WAS the Wizard of Haffaton, and any that I may have missed. Most of those were slightly on the obvious side given the heavy WoO themes in the story, but it's never really certain when Rob is broadcasting or when he's veiling. It's fun to be kept on our toes though, lol.
tgriff02

Postby Kaed » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 pm

And then the forums exploded.

Shame about the Arkenshoes... infinite move. Hmmm hmm. That might explain how Olive was able to reach Jillian regardless of her scooting around on Crapsack.

Fcannon wrote:Yeah, I'd say the "Charlie is from Earth" theory that's been floating around since book 1 has now reached "all but confirmed" status.

No it doesn't. It just means he was the wizard of Efbaum. :I Just because there are parallels between Wizard of Oz and erfworld doesn't mean the story is exactly the same.

Incidentally - I think we know now where Charlie got his concept of the "Send You Home." spell.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby tgriff02 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:13 pm

wrecan wrote:I don't think Orwell would necessarily croak. If, as seems likely, Jillian croaks Olive, then Orwell should become a barbarian. He could realign with with FAQ, become their prisoner, be executed, or be allowed to slip off to the Magic Kingdom. Cite.

In order to save herself, Olive may order Orwell to attack his former Side. That should be entertaining. Olive and Orwell vs. Jack, Jillian, Marie, Wanda and (maybe) Loj.

I don't think it'll be that simple. I'm betting that Banhammer will Order Jillian to stand down in the next update. This woud be an awesome climaxe anyway, but I don't think it's quite over yet. I just wonder though, does Charlie charge a penalty fee to Haffaton to hire his services? lol
tgriff02

Next

Return to Reactions