Book 2 - Klog 5

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 - Klog 5

Postby wrecan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 am

tgriff02 wrote:That being said, I don't think that Sylvia has ANY intentions of fighting this fire, remember, she wans toe WHOLE WORLD to burn.

Even so, her Duty requires her to not kill her Chief Warlord if she can help it, which she can.
wrecan

Postby tgriff02 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:21 pm

wrecan wrote:
tgriff02 wrote:That being said, I don't think that Sylvia has ANY intentions of fighting this fire, remember, she wans toe WHOLE WORLD to burn.

Even so, her Duty requires her to not kill her Chief Warlord if she can help it, which she can.

There have been some very loose definitions of "Duty" so far, She's not killing him directly by not fighting the fire, as far as she knows he can escape just as easily as she can survive.
tgriff02

Postby wrecan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 pm

tgriff02 wrote:There have been some very loose definitions of "Duty" so far, She's not killing him directly by not fighting the fire, as far as she knows he can escape just as easily as she can survive.

As far as she knows, he can only escape through the portal. She should know that the city she is standing in is no longer a capital, so she would know Parson has no means of escape and is of low-level (and thus won't survive an inferno). I think it very very unlikely that her Duty would allow her to let her Chief Warlord die like that, especially since she's not using her pink dwagons right now.
wrecan

Postby ftl » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Only if she realizes that's the consequences of her actions. Duty doesn't protect you from stupidity, just from maliciousness. I bet she's not used to invading a city off-turn!
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 am

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:On the other hand, a re-reading of Sylvia's conversation with Archer indicates that she did expect GK units to be able to survive in the Outer Walls zone.

Sylvia wrote:I got trapped in an enemy garrison we blazed up. I was burned to a cinder.

Units without Fire Resistance special have to evade trap at penalty to flee area, or otherwise croak.

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Based off this Klog, Sylvia is dead. Unless she actually has "fire-resistant" as a trait.

...maybe Sylvia really died back at Unaroyal.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby peteratjet » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:46 pm

joosy wrote:
multilis wrote:
joosy wrote: Its possible that Charlie had some other gimmick in mind like bringing in captured archons via Haggar. (assuming that being captured allows you to now move on their turn even though yours is over or hasn't started yet)

Or Charlie thinks he can wait till beginning of next day, when he has a turn before Parson.

Well yes, BUT, the point of getting Faux Slately to the throne was to turn off the portal BEFORE GK has control of the garrison. Once GK has control of the garrison, the portal would close anyway. Ergo, part of the plan is to cut Parson off without a retreat before he can take the city. RIght now the inferno is enough of a reason to do that but that wasn't part of Charlie's original plan (barring Predictamancy).

Actually, I think you've put your finger on it. That was exactly the nature of the trap, and Predictamancy is the key. Using Predictamancy, Charlie would be able to know for certain that Sylvia the city was going to burn to the ground, just not how or why. Logically, Parson wouldn't hang around to be incinerated while the portal was open, and once the the city was captured and the portal closed naturally, he might be able to put it out, if he had a Dirtomancer on hand. Therefore, let him come through on his own, and then have Slately switch capitals to close the portal. Case closed.

Sounds like a quick and dirty fix to me, and it certainly caught JoJo on the hop.

It seems to have worked too. I don't have a clue how Parson is going to get out of this but I Predict it's going to be a doozy.

.. one solution would be to capture Jetstone and have Stanley switch GK capital site there, opening the portal again, so that Parson and Jack could escape, or maybe Sizemore could get in and put the fire out. It would be a hard sell though. A variation on that would be to switch the the capital site after the city had burnt down and croaked or dusted everyone inside. Then Wanda could come through and decrypt Parson, Jack and the whatever remained of the Jetstone troops. (including the Dollamancer) That would be really nasty though.

Or maybe the New Side option works.
peteratjet

Previous

Return to Reactions