Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 059

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 059

Postby balder » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:41 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 059

Postby joosy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:39 am

So.. Olive may get introduced to the real 'Banhammer'. >:)
joosy

Postby cheeseaholic » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 am

Foolamancers can tell what people who are fooling themselves believe? Oh wow that would be insanely awesome diplomacy-wise. Probably a waste of their talants most of the time though, considering what else they can do.

Or is it just illusions?
cheeseaholic

Postby youngstormlord » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:40 am

cheeseaholic wrote:Foolamancers can tell what people who are fooling themselves believe? Oh wow that would be insanely awesome diplomacy-wise. Probably a waste of their talants most of the time though, considering what else they can do.

Or is it just illusions?

They can see what you see. Hear what you hear. Making you see and hear things that are not there (or not see and hear things that are there, such as make you see bridge instead of chasm) is what Foolamancy is all about. When your (Jack's) power is to see with other person's eyes, when that person through whose eyes you are looking at the moment (Jill), is looking through the fevre dream at things that are not there, a foolamancer would describe that as that person being under effects of foolamancy.

Btw, did anyone notice that Wanda is wearing a kimono now, instead of her Leeloo outfit?
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby 0beron » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:43 am

Ohho....I wonder if Wanda just got her Prediction....this could be the catalyst that turns her.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaigen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Where her eyes didn’t go, a filthy scarecrow waved its broomstick arms and did a parody of each unconscious thing she did.

Love the They Might Be Giants reference. "When you turn around to look it's gone behind you, on it's face he's wearing your confused expression, where your eyes don't go."
Kaigen

Postby bladestorm » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Ahhh, another bud.... I mean update... Whatever feeds the addiction and makes reality go away for a little while.
bladestorm

Postby Salvage » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:00 pm

They should take Wanda and jillian to Betsy. Assuming she is still alive. Banhammer did say there was a price Jillian did not know of. Jack is great. Great update as well.
Salvage
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Salvage wrote:They should take Wanda and jillian to Betsy. Assuming she is still alive.

All of FAQ is there now, and I assume Jillian would have noticed if a caster was missing.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:31 pm

I also think that the caster's not present are croaked. They would have been easy casualties when Faq was overrun.

And now it is presumed that Olive has bedded Banhammer. Not definite though, and I don't think anyone has officially accepted my predicatamancy bet. Would be awesome if she used the same ploy on Banhammer that she used on Tommy, and Wanda just had to sit there and watch. And as they are riding away, Orwell pipes up with "Hey Jillian. Want one of these apples? They are really tasty!" Just it and wait for him to die, not being able to do a damn thing about it.
bladestorm

Postby Glome » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:16 pm

bladestorm wrote:I also think that the caster's not present are croaked. They would have been easy casualties when Faq was overrun.

Haffaton didn't capture or croak any casters when they overran Faq. Marie would have given everyone enough warning to get the casters out, and Wanda would have said something if they caught any casters. The ones that Banhammer couldn't keep on his purse probably got sent to the magic kingdom to be retrieved later when they could afford their upkeep.
Glome

Postby Kandarin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:36 pm

bladestorm wrote:Would be awesome if she used the same ploy on Banhammer that she used on Tommy, and Wanda just had to sit there and watch. And as they are riding away, Orwell pipes up with "Hey Jillian. Want one of these apples? They are really tasty!" Just it and wait for him to die, not being able to do a damn thing about it.

A Healomancer would probably be able to fix that. I'm not sure if epic magical drug addiction would be so easy, though.

That said, I strongly suspect that Book 0 is where Wanda will find out the hard way that uncroaked casters cannot cast.
Kandarin

Postby tgriff02 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Glome wrote:
bladestorm wrote:I also think that the caster's not present are croaked. They would have been easy casualties when Faq was overrun.

Haffaton didn't capture or croak any casters when they overran Faq. Marie would have given everyone enough warning to get the casters out, and Wanda would have said something if they caught any casters. The ones that Banhammer couldn't keep on his purse probably got sent to the magic kingdom to be retrieved later when they could afford their upkeep.

Sent to the MK how? Faq's whole plan had been to get all the castors out alive and on a purse. They were preparing, and had even BEEN prepared to make exactly the sort of evacuation that they had to make, except that they Took Banhammer witht hem, instead of leaving. They might have evacuated all the castors and then couldn't afford the upkeep. Some of them then had to make teh Noblest Sacrifice for their Side and Princess and disband themselves. (I'm assuming that Banhammer would not have simply disbanded them himself, as that would be a form of murder, but rather subtly requested/ordered their suicide. The way of Socrates)
tgriff02

Postby Mad Raven » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm guessing the small brown bird Jack Snipe appears as is a Jack Snipe?
Mad Raven

Postby joosy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm

I doubt the casters were croaked by Haffaton. Faq had most of their 'armed forces' croaked and Jillian captured so that freed up their treasury for a bit. Also, Jillian had given them a lot of schmuckers by razing Goodminton. With some good predictamancy/mathamancy and some good work by the moneymancer, Faq could conceivably have been able to squirrel away enough gems and rations to get them through.

From what I can tell only Marie, Orwell, Jack, Jillian and Banhammer are the only units in GK. The rest are probably off on another mission or hiding in the Magic Kingdom doing what they can to supplement their upkeep.
joosy

Postby Prodigial_Knight » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:06 pm

Great update, I must say casters talking about their disciplines and casting in general are some of my favourite parts of Erfworld, I for example never considered the buds anything but Flower power yet Jack tells us that they're Foolamancy related.

I'm guessing the story will end once Haffaton is wiped out and Wanda goes back with Jillian to FAQ, but I'd really like if we get at least a bit of Wanda interacting with the court of Faq, if Rusty is in such low standing due to his discipline I'm eager to see what the reaction to the croakmancer will be :P

Also poor Jack I get that the likes his job, but it mustn't be easy to be in his position, I'm really hoping for some Wanda/Jack interaction here as they seem to be the two casters who are most ready to really play around with the entire breadth of their disciplines i.e. I don't think anybody besides Jack really does illusions which only affect one target intentionally or other Croakmancers except Wanda use their powers on live bodies.
Prodigial_Knight

Postby tgriff02 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Prodigial_Knight wrote:Great update, I must say casters talking about their disciplines and casting in general are some of my favourite parts of Erfworld, I for example never considered the buds anything but Flower power yet Jack tells us that they're Foolamancy related.

I'm guessing the story will end once Haffaton is wiped out and Wanda goes back with Jillian to FAQ, but I'd really like if we get at least a bit of Wanda interacting with the court of Faq, if Rusty is in such low standing due to his discipline I'm eager to see what the reaction to the croakmancer will be :P

Also poor Jack I get that the likes his job, but it mustn't be easy to be in his position, I'm really hoping for some Wanda/Jack interaction here as they seem to be the two casters who are most ready to really play around with the entire breadth of their disciplines i.e. I don't think anybody besides Jack really does illusions which only affect one target intentionally or other Croakmancers except Wanda use their powers on live bodies.

Actually, I've always gotten the impression that Wanda is INCREDIBLY narrow minded in her discipline. It seems like a croakamancer should be abel to do much more than just UNcroak units, and yet we never see her do ANYTHING except that with it. However, Jack most definitely DOES enjoy pushing the bounderies of his discipline. I wonder if Wanda's single mindedness towards magic is due to Olive, becase in Goodminton she was actively curious about other disciplines and even combat, indeed she felt compelled to learna s much as possible in order to do her job. But then, Olive has such a distast for Wanda's discipline, that Wanda may have changed tobecome incredibly loyal to her discipline, and even tot he single application of it that MOST disturbs others.
tgriff02

Postby Azukar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:06 pm

I know this story has to have a modestly happy resolution, but this update still has me very worried :(
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby bladestorm » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Glome wrote:

Unless those casters were predicted to croak in that battle. Marie is not one to fight fate by evacuating the doomed.
bladestorm

Postby DangerBoy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 am

Love the They Might Be Giants reference. "When you turn around to look it's gone behind you, on it's face he's wearing your confused expression, where your eyes don't go."

Me too! That song brings back memories. Well played, Mr. Balder, well played.
DangerBoy
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Next

Return to Reactions