Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 am

M7 "Lucky" Moves W, attacks J-raffe, eats, takes sample of tall toadstool
M16 "Lucy " ( yes I was surprised too when I found out he was a she) Moves W, makes hide armour, eats J-raffe meat, takes sample of fat toadstool
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 am

I think that's everyone - KF25, you have an extra Marbit to control. I will process tomorrow. Call it 14 hours.

Thanks!
LTDave

Postby Swodaems » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 am

M4 "Pod" will place berry in bag, examine contents of pot, and use remaining actions to attempt to construct a forge.
M15 "Bod" will remove his shirt, move west, croak J-Raffe, and make bag from hide.
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Processing...
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:09 am

Turn 10
Actions: . . .

M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Scouts NW x2, Scouts NE x2 {El Tigre eats two meat}
M9 "Simon" (MarbitChow) Takes Hide, Makes Bag from Hide, Equips Bag, Fills Bag with 4 Meat

M3 'Tech two' Orders Eat, rest, head west, dig in the mine
M12 the other guy Orders Rest, Try to make bones into knives*2 head west {makes one knife, but can't equip it as no hands free}

M18 "Klump" Will take a hide from the butterbears, craft a bag, then head west
M22 "Buddy" Will pick up a spear and a shovel, head west, then dig in the mine x2

Random VII eats, moves W, and scouts NW.
M11 "Random Henchmarbit moves E, gathers food, eats

M13 (M5) Create shield Equip shield over shovel ??? {I imagine you want M21 to have this shield, so I'm doing that}
M21 (M10) pick up spear Move West Equip shield

M7 "Lucky" Moves W, attacks J-raffe {5 hits inflicted, 0 taken (ranged combat)} Combat takes second action {5 hits inflicted, 2 hits taken in reply (melee) } eats
M16 "Lucy " ( yes I was surprised too when I found out he was a she) Moves W, makes hide armour (2 actions), eats J-raffe meat

M4 "Pod" will place berry in bag, examine contents of pot {pot? Oh yeah - you mean the stump of the tree. It has no contents}, and use remaining actions to attempt to construct a forge {no forge necessary - I'm just going to let you turn iron into stuff - as long as you have a tool}
M15 "Bod" will remove his shirt, move west, croak J-Raffe {7 hits inflicted, 1 taken in reply} - second combat action {8 hits inflicted, 2 taken in reply} - bag started

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2 (3), Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
El Tigre Combat 8, Defence 3, Hits 10 /10, Move 6, Level 1
M2 "Random VII" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "tech2" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 "Pod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 "Lucky" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M9 "Simon" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M11 "Random Henchmarbit" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M12 "The other Guy" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M13 "Em Fyv" (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M15 (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M16 "Lucy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M18 "Klump" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M21 "Em Tyn" (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M22 "Buddy" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M23 (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat costs: 3 iron
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat costs: 2 wood
Crossbow Weapon, +1 Combat, Ranged costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Axe Chopping Tool, +2 Combat costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Shovel Digging Tool, +1 Combat costs: 1 wood
Knife Tool costs: 1/2 wood
Light Armour Armour, +1 Defence costs: 1 Hide
Heavy Armour Armour, +2 Defence costs: 3 iron
Shield Armour, +1 Defence costs: 2 wood
Bag Carries up to 6 small things - food, gems, etc. costs: 1 Hide

Pop Queue

Turn 11 Ends in 72 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.
All NPCs have now been divided up between players to control automatically - it does not cost an action to give them an order. Please name them, and be sure to be clear with your orders about who does what and when. Thanks.

Things to Note:
J-Raffes (aka OtisNecks) are Combat 0, Defence 1, Hits 8, Move 2.
Testudo Aurbreii (aka VFCs) are Combat 2, Defence 5, Hits 8, Move 2.
Butter Bear are Combat 4, Defence 2, Hits 6, Move 2.
El Tigre are Combat 8, Defence 3, Hits 10, Move 6.
Gobwins are Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4, Move 4.
FereWolves are Combat 6, Defence 2, Hits 8, Move 6.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive and succeed.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders - so later posters can eat the food others harvest, or use tools they create.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry, and will be marked with a black dot. A hungry Marbit that does not eat will cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game. Combat plus d6 per fighter divided by enemy defence is hits inflicted. Hits are distributed equally across the stack before any one unit is cwoaked. Defence is calculated by the first 8 units' defence averaged across the whole stack, rounded down to one decimal (so 1 unit with 3 defence has defence of 3, but a stack of 20 units with 3 defence have a defence value of 1.2).
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
Marbits may "scout" a neighbouring hex for 2 move - essentially, they stick their head over the border, have a look, and then return. At the beginning of the next turn, the scouted hex will be revealed on the map.
It costs 2 move to enter a neighbouring hex, unless the border is marked with a brown line, representing a road. It costs 1 move to enter a hex with along a road.
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 am

M18 "Klump" moves NW, gathers 6 wood into his bag, Moves SE, starts crafting heavy armor.
M22 "Buddy" Collects 2 berries, eats one, Feed M18 the second one.

Edit: Forgot to Bold

Food is gonna get scarce soon... The fact that some marbits will spend their whole turn doing nothing by collecting food is kinda meh.

Alos, why is M11 purple?
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:39 am

M7 "Lucky" Stacks with M16 Attacks j-raffe, eats, takes sample of tall toadstool (Puts it in bag)
M16 "Lucy" Stacks with M7 Attacks j-raffe, makes bag
Werebiscuit

Postby Lamech » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 am

I suspect that there a gobwin home hex, two hexes NE of our current hut hex. Also now that we have a mine we should start making iron things. Swords and heavy armor. It doesn't require renewable resources. Who wants to blindly charge into that hex next turn?

M3 'tech two' orders

Gather berry, plant berry, move E, attack butterbear

M12 'the other guy' orders

Gather mushflesh, eat, move east, attack butterbear
Lamech

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 am

M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Eat, Move W, Move W x2
M9 "Simon" (MarbitChow) Eat, Move W, Move W x2
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:27 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:Alos, why is M11 purple?
When he was still a NPC, he needed to eat and had no food on hand except a sample from one of the tall mushrooms.

MarbitChow wrote:M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Eat, Move W, Move W x2
M9 "Simon" (MarbitChow) Eat, Move W, Move W x2
You've missed the fact that you were just assigned another marbit to play. M23 still needs orders.

M4 "Pod" will go east, help croak Butter bear if needed, eat, place gobwin bone in bag, and search Gobwin hut (if he doesn't need to spend an action croaking the butter bear).
M15 "Bod" will eat, finish making bag, equip bag, and place 5 meat in bag.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Swodaems wrote:You've missed the fact that you were just assigned another marbit to play. M23 still needs orders.
Thanks. I'll need to completely revise my orders, then:

M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Eat, Kill Butterbear, Fill Seymour's bag w/ meat, Fill Simon's bag with meat
M9 "Simon" (MarbitChow) Eat, Kill Butterbear, Take Hide, Make Bag
M23 "Soze" (MarbitChow) (delay until after bag is available) Equip Knife and Bag, Move W, Make Shield (x2?), Equip Shield (if able)
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby KF25 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Random VII moves drops sword, gathers food.
Random Henchmarbit equips sword, move NE attack bear things.
KF25

Postby LTDave » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:43 pm

Just WhirdCheese to go...
LTDave

Postby Swodaems » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:44 am

LTDave wrote:Image

I just noticed that this map gave us more information about the hexes surrounding the hex to the NE of the Gobwin home hex than the one before it did.

We now know that there is a 9th hex on the map that we haven't scouted or set foot in yet. (Unless that road leads to nowhere, like the one behind Xino.) It lays roughly 2 hexes north of the gobwin hut hex we're in now. (We get there by going either (NW and NE) or (NE and NW) of the gobwin hut hex.) The hex to the NE of this unseen hex is the only edge we know of where there can be another undiscovered hex.

I propose to everyone that a sizeable amount of us should travel to the 9th hex In the turn after this one. We can finish mapping out the valley and search for the remaining gobwins along the way.

We can tell by looking closely at the map that the 9th hex has a road between it and the hex to the NE of the gobwin hut hex. That means that it can be reached in 2 actions from the gobwin home hex and in 3 actions from where we dug the mine. (People ending this turn in the J-raffe hex sadly can't make it.)

(PS. This map from very early in the thread is how I know there isn't a hex to the NW of the 9th hex.)
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:02 am

Swodaems wrote:I propose to everyone that a sizeable amount of us should travel to the 9th hex In the turn after this one. We can finish mapping out the valley and search for the remaining gobwins along the way.

Next turn, whoever pops at the hut can scout that hex solo and return to the hut (1: Move NE (road), 2/3: Scout, 4: Move SW (road)). (I'd like to be able to get full bags of food and get these gems back to X1 so I can get my guys fully decked out.)
MarbitChow

Postby Lamech » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 pm

We should probably get gems to X1 to help with the war effort.
Lamech

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:07 pm

M13 move east eat move northeast
M21 move east eat move northeast
WhirdCheese

Postby LTDave » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:31 pm

Processing...
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:49 am

Still processing. Call it a couple of hours, have to go and watch the Hobbit *groan*.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:25 am

And it wasn't so bad. A bit over done, but fine for P. Jackson.

Turn 11
Actions: . . .

M18 "Klump" moves NW, gathers 6 wood into his bag {only 3 wood fits}, Moves SE, starts crafting heavy armor. {no tool to craft with}
M22 "Buddy" Collects 2 berries, eats one, Feed M18 the second one.

M7 "Lucky" Stacks with M16 Attacks j-raffe {7 hits + 8 from Lucy, 1 taken in reply}, eats, takes sample of tall toadstool (Puts it in bag) {bag full}
M16 "Lucy" Stacks with M7 Attacks j-raffe, makes bag

M3 'tech two' orders Gather berry, plant berry, move E, attack butterbear [butter bear cwoaked, M3 and M1 each take 1 hit}
M12 'the other guy' orders Gather mushflesh, eat, move east, attack butterbear

M4 "Pod" will go east, help croak Butter bear if needed {not}, eat, place gobwin bone in bag, and search Gobwin hut{Pod discovers the hut is almost identical to a Marbit hut, which gets him all philosophical about how weare all essentially alike, and leaves him feeling guilty at carrying around a Gobwin bone}
M15 "Bod" will eat, finish making bag {and cover up those abs? crazy!}, equip bag, and place 5 meat in bag.

M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Eat, {El Tigre eats 2} Kill Butterbear {as above}, Fill Seymour's bag w/ meat, Fill Simon's bag with meat
M9 "Simon" (MarbitChow) Eat, Kill Butterbear, Take Hide, Make Bag
M23 "Soze" (MarbitChow) (delay until after bag is available) Equip Knife and Bag, Move W, Make Shield (x2?), Equip Shield (if able)

Random VII moves {???} drops sword, gathers food {no food left to gather - all 3 berries have been harvested}
Random Henchmarbit equips sword, move NE attack bear things {You mean the Chee-Kee Mun-Kees? Sure thing.} {3 hits inflicted, 1 taken} {3 hits inflicted, 2 taken} {3 hits inflicted, 3 taken - both cwoak}

M13 move east eat move northeast
M21 move east eat move northeast

Unit Status
Name
M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2 (3), Hits 3 /4, Move 4, Level 1
El Tigre Combat 8, Defence 3, Hits 10 /10, Move 6, Level 1
M2 "Random VII" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "tech2" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 3 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 "Pod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 "Lucky" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 3 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M9 "Simon" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M11 "Random Henchmarbit" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M12 "The other Guy" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M13 "Em Fyv" (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M15 "Bod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M16 "Lucy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M18 "Klump" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M21 "Em Tyn" (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M22 "Buddy" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M23 "Soze" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M24 (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat costs: 3 iron
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat costs: 2 wood
Crossbow Weapon, +1 Combat, Ranged costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Axe Chopping Tool, +2 Combat costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Shovel Digging Tool, +1 Combat costs: 1 wood
Knife Tool costs: 1/2 wood
Light Armour Armour, +1 Defence costs: 1 Hide
Heavy Armour Armour, +2 Defence costs: 3 iron
Shield Armour, +1 Defence costs: 2 wood
Bag Carries up to 6 small things - food, gems, etc. costs: 1 Hide

Pop Queue

Turn 12 Ends in 72 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.
All NPCs have now been divided up between players to control automatically - it does not cost an action to give them an order. Please name them, and be sure to be clear with your orders about who does what and when. Thanks.

Things to Note:
J-Raffes (aka OtisNecks) are Combat 0, Defence 1, Hits 8, Move 2.
Testudo Aurbreii (aka VFCs) are Combat 2, Defence 5, Hits 8, Move 2.
Butter Bear are Combat 4, Defence 2, Hits 6, Move 2.
El Tigre are Combat 8, Defence 3, Hits 10, Move 6.
Gobwins are Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4, Move 4.
FereWolves are Combat 6, Defence 2, Hits 8, Move 6.
Chee-Kee Mon-Kees are Combat 0, Defence 2, Hits 8, Move 8.
Spidon'ts are Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 3, Move 4.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive and succeed.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders - so later posters can eat the food others harvest, or use tools they create.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry, and will be marked with a black dot. A hungry Marbit that does not eat will cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game. Combat plus d6 per fighter divided by enemy defence is hits inflicted. Hits are distributed equally across the stack before any one unit is cwoaked. Defence is calculated by the first 8 units' defence averaged across the whole stack, rounded down to one decimal (so 1 unit with 3 defence has defence of 3, but a stack of 20 units with 3 defence have a defence value of 1.2).
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
Marbits may "scout" a neighbouring hex for 2 move - essentially, they stick their head over the border, have a look, and then return. At the beginning of the next turn, the scouted hex will be revealed on the map.
It costs 2 move to enter a neighbouring hex, unless the border is marked with a brown line, representing a road. It costs 1 move to enter a hex with along a road.
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games