Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 058

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 058

Postby tgriff02 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Salem wrote:
drachefly wrote:This is also shown by almost all console RPGs - you wear armor, and you wear your clothing over your armor. You may also wear your wig over your helmet, I guess.

Hair Extensions + Anything = Aweful + Anything
Toupée + Hairpin = Awesome
Hair Scrunchy/Bow + Helmet = Lenneth

Definetly betting only one headgear per character. Though for all we know there will be a mad hatamancer who will have a spell that lets him wear hats within hats. But I could see wig and hat as a reasonable real life combo.

And for Cubbins' next trick, Pop-A-Cap Bubble Wrap Style
tgriff02

Postby Salem » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:32 pm

tgriff02 wrote:
Salem wrote:
drachefly wrote:This is also shown by almost all console RPGs - you wear armor, and you wear your clothing over your armor. You may also wear your wig over your helmet, I guess.

Hair Extensions + Anything = Aweful + Anything
Toupée + Hairpin = Awesome
Hair Scrunchy/Bow + Helmet = Lenneth

Definetly betting only one headgear per character. Though for all we know there will be a mad hatamancer who will have a spell that lets him wear hats within hats. But I could see wig and hat as a reasonable real life combo.

I thnk you meant Bubble Rap style.
"Too cute to (stay) croak(ed)!"
Salem
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Vreejack » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 pm

drachefly wrote:Ideas? What was said before - that floor over there is an Illusion.

slb wrote:
sanjmerchant wrote:Still a little woozy from that lojban pun.
Which one ?

Loj Banhammer

I totally missed that. I was thinking Balder was referring to that exciting mixed fruit juice, which was odd since King Banhammer drinks tea. But if he wanted to try something else occasionally I imagine it would be loj.
So...Watashi wa mizugorō ga sukina koto o kiita, neh?
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
Vreejack

Postby Housellama » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Vreejack wrote:I totally missed that. I was thinking Balder was referring to that exciting mixed fruit juice, which was odd since King Banhammer drinks tea. But if he wanted to try something else occasionally I imagine it would be loj.

King Banhammer doesn't always drink juice. But when he does, he drinks loj.

Stay thirsty, my Units.
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby tgriff02 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Salem wrote:
tgriff02 wrote:

I thnk you meant Bubble Rap style.

How DARE you take my joke and make it FUNNIER!! :lol:
tgriff02

Postby warriortribble » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Oh poor addicted Jillian... two pages ago you were desperately trying to send information to your father and now you willingly crippled yourself from saying anything coherent for a turn.
warriortribble
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:52 am

Salem wrote:
...But I could see wig and hat as a reasonable real life combo.

I was referring to characters in games where they're wearing a helmet but the sprite still shows their hair. So, the wig goes OVER the helmet. ;)
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Salem » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:56 pm

drachefly wrote:
Salem wrote:
...But I could see wig and hat as a reasonable real life combo.

I was referring to characters in games where they're wearing a helmet but the sprite still shows their hair. So, the wig goes OVER the helmet. ;)

Your joke went right over my head... gear. :lol:
Salem

Postby Kreistor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:29 pm

warriortribble wrote:Oh poor addicted Jillian... two pages ago you were desperately trying to send information to your father and now you willingly crippled yourself from saying anything coherent for a turn.

She was on a Gwiff and ready to leave. She got off and intentionally used the flower. That's not an addiction.

That's a plan.

Perhaps to demonstrate the nature of Olive's peace? Peace through narcotics addiction is not Banhammer's idealistic vision of the future.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Kreistor wrote:She was on a Gwiff and ready to leave. She got off and intentionally used the flower. That's not an addiction. That's a plan.

At the bottom of the tower, Olive offered Jillian a fresh bud.
Resentfully, she took it.
“Nobody else touch one of these things,” she scowled at the Faq commanders, taking the flower and placing it in her hair. “That’sh an orderrr...”

That's an addiction. Just watch a smoker, trying to quit, standing around other smokers and being offered a cig. Same behavior - scowl and accept.
Jillian knows it's bad for her, she orders others not to try it, but she partakes anyway.
MarbitChow

Postby themysticalone » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:54 am

While it does seem like one headgear per character in Erf, in Ragnarok Online, they allow for up to three pieces of headgear: Upper, Mid, Lower. Some headgears are Upper+Mid, some are all three, etc, but it does allow for multiple.

So there is at least one game out there that allows for it and thus the possibility could exist here.
Read Fodi at baldninja.com
themysticalone

Postby bladestorm » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:31 am

themysticalone wrote:While it does seem like one headgear per character in Erf, in Ragnarok Online, they allow for up to three pieces of headgear: Upper, Mid, Lower. Some headgears are Upper+Mid, some are all three, etc, but it does allow for multiple.

So there is at least one game out there that allows for it and thus the possibility could exist here.

But none of the headgear we have seen for characters that even remotely resembles partial cover have been attempted to be used with multiples. And is Ragnarok Online a turn-based game? I haven't played it, and the wiki page doesn't indicate whether it is or not. My experience with turn-based games is a super simplistic style of armour and weapon usage. One slot for head gear, one for body armour, one for boots, one shield, and one weapon slot. Size of items in the slots does not matter. A greatsword three times the size of the wielder or a dagger takes up the same amount of slot space. There are some minor variations, such as leg armour, hand armour, etc, but each one disregards items size. In order to wear a ring, you have to remove the gauntlet. Some have designated two-handed weapons which takes up the shield slot as well. Other you can two-hand a weapon and still use the shield slot. Really simple mechanics that makes learning the system easy, but looking for an exploit difficult.
bladestorm

Postby drachefly » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 am

Whether or not it was a plan, she definitely made her point about not touching the buds.
drachefly

Postby NYbear » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:11 pm

No engagements may take place here for another turn.”
“Remarkable,” said King Banhammer, and he exchanged glances with his casters.

That last bit, "exchanged glances with his casters", has given me extra hope that Banhammer has something in mind and is not just blinding have tea and cakes with this crafty caster. Maybe in those glances were some silent/implied orders: "it goes as predicted..carry on"
NYbear

Postby Salem » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:49 pm

bladestorm wrote:
themysticalone wrote:While it does seem like one headgear per character in Erf, in Ragnarok Online, they allow for up to three pieces of headgear: Upper, Mid, Lower. Some headgears are Upper+Mid, some are all three, etc, but it does allow for multiple.

But none of the headgear we have seen for characters that even remotely resembles partial cover have been attempted to be used with multiples. And is Ragnarok Online a turn-based game? I haven't played it, and the wiki page doesn't indicate whether it is or not. My experience with turn-based games is a super simplistic style of armour and weapon usage. One slot for head gear, one for body armour, one for boots, one shield, and one weapon slot. Size of items in the slots does not matter. A greatsword three times the size of the wielder or a dagger takes up the same amount of slot space. There are some minor variations, such as leg armour, hand armour, etc, but each one disregards items size. In order to wear a ring, you have to remove the gauntlet. Some have designated two-handed weapons which takes up the shield slot as well. Other you can two-hand a weapon and still use the shield slot. Really simple mechanics that makes learning the system easy, but looking for an exploit difficult.

Yeah I'm suprised I forgot Ragnarok considering how much I played it. It's not turn based but it's equipment system is pretty tame. Actually less than some of the online games I feel are far more erfworldy. But the Upper Middle Lower was mostly a cosmetic thing rather than a mechanic thing. Middle and Lower being almost worthless, save in rare situations which often depended on server, pre/post renwal junk.
In most other games the mid and lower probably wouldn't even be labeled headgear.

It's hard to tell where erfworld falls on the spectrum. It's no warhammer you get to choose weapons maybe. But it definetly may not be modern style MMO with 17+ equip slots. It also may have no limit. The last one there seeming unlikely.
Salem

Postby bladestorm » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 pm

NYbear wrote:

That last bit, "exchanged glances with his casters", has given me extra hope that Banhammer has something in mind and is not just blinding have tea and cakes with this crafty caster. Maybe in those glances were some silent/implied orders: "it goes as predicted..carry on"

I took that as more of "That's how you use magic to promote peace. What can you guys do?" followed up with "Dude, if we had one of those, maybe Jillian will learn to relax a little bit and enjoy court....hire a hippiemancer and play that at dawn every turn."
bladestorm

Postby tgriff02 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:27 pm

NYbear wrote:

I may just be prejudiced from only ever having Jillians view of him, but I read it as him being surprised, not necisarrily caught off guard; but not having expected that. I've been assuming that the city wide non-engagement spell is specifically a feature of the Chillaxe, and that the Chillaxe was probably a result of the the trippy mind-linking that had been goign on, like the turning box and the hero buds. I could be completely wrong on all of that, but the Chillaxe seems a bit over powered for a standard magic item.

*edited for gross spelling and grammer
tgriff02

Postby wrecan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 am

I'm getting curious about Banhammer's back story. How was FAQ founded as a bubble kingdom in the first place with no neighbors to know of its existence?
wrecan

Postby 0beron » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:59 am

wrecan wrote:I'm getting curious about Banhammer's back story. How was FAQ founded as a bubble kingdom in the first place with no neighbors to know of its existence?

Well we know that people did know of them. Jillian says at some point that the side (and Banhammer) was simply so old that everyone who had once known them was now long gone. So I'm assuming it was a normal side before Banhammer came to power/had some huge change of heart, and they pulled some kind of stunt to trick people into thinking they were dead. Or perhaps they formed permanent alliances with everyone nearby and simply waited until those allies had died without revealing the secret.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:32 am

After the end of Book 2, Sofaking could become a bubble side. It only had a minor presence in the RCC, and has had no actual confrontations as part of RCCII (May not even be a part of RCCII. It also only sustained minor losses during the entire BfGK. The main focus is between GK and the main factions of the RCC. Unaroyal is already gone, and Jetstone will fall shortly. GK seems to be targeting the major players, and Sofaking has fallen off the radar. All it has to do is keep a low profile, and once a Side rises up to take out GK, no one will really remember the lowly Sofaking. History in Erfworld remembers the major victors and the major losers, so mediocrity gets easily forgotten. With no victories or losses on record, who is going to know of your existence?
bladestorm

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions