Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame 3 (closed) - Rules and Discussion

Postby 0beron » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:34 am

Knights are indeed wonderful and well worth the expense :)

However I doubt that any of us are in each other's battlespaces, because reasons.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Safaquel » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:24 am

Should stay so for about three more turns with increasing odds onwards. Methinks those sand drags will be one of the first side for that. Odds on, anyone?
Safaquel

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:58 am

I'm on turn 16 Exate, so that should be proof enough that it's not me you're dealing with. Still in my battle phase, and much more to do after that. Very big turn for me, and still room for it to turn worse. Daphnes better calm down by the time those actions need to be made. Damn, has his fury surprised me.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Safaquel » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:26 pm

I also predict a huge economic loss to one of the sides in the next 7 turns. One very specific side.
Cheerio.
Safaquel

Postby Koliup » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Safaquel wrote:I also predict a huge economic loss to one of the sides in the next 7 turns. One very specific side.
Cheerio.

Please. Now you're just trying to be apocalyptical.
Also, I too am at the top of turn 16.
Has anyone tried taming a wild unit before?
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Been there, done that, great success. Well, success at any rate.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:16 pm

<_< I sometimes wish I could see what was going on.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Safaquel » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:48 am

Koliup wrote:
Safaquel wrote:I also predict a huge economic loss to one of the sides in the next 7 turns. One very specific side.
Cheerio.

Please. Now you're just trying to be apocalyptical.

No, I really think it is, in order of decreasing probability, 0beron, you and Monies.
Probably not Fated, game-wise, but extremely probable, the way these things go.
See ya!
Safaquel

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:01 am

Does it count as an economic loss if a stockpile of money was simply spent or invested into something rather than just lost?
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:05 am

Yeah I'm not really sure there can be such a thing as a huge economic loss....since schmuckers have a constant value (no such thing as inflation) and they're not physical so they can't be stolen. Unless someone takes my Capital, in which case I think my crisis is more than just economical haha.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:40 am

Mmm... well, if Sides started trading goods (rations, caster scrolls, units, etc) there could start to be a kind of inflation as far as inter-kingdom economics are concerned. Also... I wonder if there is inflation in the Magic Kingdom since Rands are a non-physical form of payment and all casters are able to set their own prices for goods and services they provide. I could see supply and demand affecting the prices of scrolls and other things.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby Safaquel » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:56 am

0beron wrote:Yeah I'm not really sure there can be such a thing as a huge economic loss....since schmuckers have a constant value (no such thing as inflation) and they're not physical so they can't be stolen. Unless someone takes my Capital, in which case I think my crisis is more than just economical haha.

Well more to the point, money-making buildings could be in trouble.
But I didn't say 'Simon says', so perhaps it's a bit of a moot point this far. We'll see.
Oh yeah, moneymancers can prolly steal shmuckers within casting range. Be told.
Safaquel

Postby Kaed » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Safaquel wrote:Oh yeah, moneymancers can prolly steal shmuckers within casting range. Be told.

This is the BEST IDEA. 8D Thank you for giving it to me.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Koliup » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Merry Xmas everybody!
Geez, nobody said that before I did.
Scrooges.
Heh, Ebenezer Scrooge as a Moneymancer.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Safaquel » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:27 am

Yeah, and thinka-money link would give you the understanding, real understanding of moneymaking, possibly an artifact that allowed for the absolut best deals and determined the value of everything in sight.
Oh, and a three-caster link would be better yet.
Oh, and the eight-caster link would be downright scary.
But here's the thing - what do we get if we get two or more Thinkamancers in one link?
Safaquel

Postby Koliup » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:37 am

You can't go past three caster links.
Any more than three would also be incredibly silly, and difficult to produce.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Safaquel » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:30 am

Koliup wrote:You can't go past three caster links.
Any more than three would also be incredibly silly, and difficult to produce.

croak-think-dirt-think-conny-think-predict-think -- full circle with thinkers as linking elements between all casters, the last thinker links predict and croak and stabilyzes the link.

Does it state explicitly about 3 being the limit anywhere?
Could it actually be caster duplicity?
Safaquel

Postby Koliup » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 am

Safaquel wrote:Discussion.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F054.jpg
On that page Sizemore mentions that even a 3 caster link is a real pain in the butt, and that 4 can't even be done, as far as he knows.
And I'm inclined to take what he knows, or says he knows, at face value. The guy is said to be like a rock star in the magic kingdom, and I'm sure he would've heard about 4 or more caster links if they were possible.
Sorry, man. As neat as the idea is, I don't think we could grasp how to balance it, and the current canon says that it's impossible to do more than 3.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:46 am

The current Proposed Canon says it's impossible, as I don't believe the Titans have said one way or the other. I am inclined to believe Sizemore though as he is generally knowledgeable about all things magical.

Either way, I don't think it's something that should be tackled in a playtest.

Also 'artifacts' are magical objects made by Titans, 'magic items' are magical objects made by casters, so anything your proposed moneymancer/thinkamancer think produced would be a 'magic item' :P
Sir Shadow

Postby Safaquel » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:43 am

Koliup wrote:
Safaquel wrote:Discussion.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F054.jpg
On that page Sizemore mentions that even a 3 caster link is a real pain in the butt, and that 4 can't even be done, as far as he knows.
And I'm inclined to take what he knows, or says he knows, at face value. The guy is said to be like a rock star in the magic kingdom, and I'm sure he would've heard about 4 or more caster links if they were possible.
Sorry, man. As neat as the idea is, I don't think we could grasp how to balance it, and the current canon says that it's impossible to do more than 3.

Penty of things and pre-conceptions have been challenged lately. I'll accept the 'cantbedone' thing for now, but seriously, with casters able to bend the laws of the game itself nothing short of complete side wipeout should be undo-able, and I think can think of a way to do that last one.

For one, we know that voluntary linking is waaay less risky that normal. For two, we have a connymancer and we might not be afraid to use him.
Edit: We also have Charlie. Ooooh, baby, we have Charlie.

Offtop: Which caster do you think could influenc the stats of popped units? Before they were ven popped? Say, modifying the template of a particular unit if popped in a particular city?
Safaquel

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games