Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 056

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 056

Postby rlc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:36 pm

drachefly wrote:Or they'd send Judy home. She ceases to be overlady of Haffaton, Olive accedes, gets whacked.

This is my guess too.
rlc

Postby raphfrk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 pm

joosy wrote:Perhaps Jillian takes out Olive and THEN Judy.

Also, by ordering Wanda to negate the prophesy, she is effectively choosing the "hard way". Alternatively, she is making Jillian turning the line of least resistance. She hasn't given an order that makes it impossible for the prophesy to be fulfilled.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby raphfrk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Chevalier wrote:Or Wanda kills Olive using the slippers (which I bet will be good for killing casters), and then Jillian kills Judy out of mercy, before an heir is named, thus decapitating Haffaton. Wanda survives because she turns.

Also, the slippers can take a person home, right? Maybe they allow teleporting to the unit's birth city.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby joosy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 pm

I just hope that Olive's comeuppance is done in a nice passive aggressive way similar to how she took out Tommy. May her croaking be poetically due to her own arrogance.
joosy

Postby 0beron » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:31 pm

I feel like Olive is about to croak haha. Wanda has clearly already decided to go behind Olive's back to do something to oppose her....and now Olive is getting in the way by declaring she will stay to watch. With her order to croak Jillian if this fails, she has signed her own death certificate.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby gobe » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Being forced to kill Jillian may be what enables Wanda to turn, in the end. After all, her loyalty is probably very very low as it is.
gobe

Postby effataigus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:38 pm

teratorn wrote:That was my take, Wanda uses the tower to fetch the shoes and send Judy home.
Makes sense to me. Findamancy is outside of Wanda's discipline, yet we know she can cast it as of Book1... also would explain why Wanda needed such a precise description of the slippers. I'm just curious how she'll go from knowing where the slippers are to finding them to using them before Olive gets wise to her plan.

Also, I'm mostly convinced that Faq is outside of Efdup, not Haffaton City. We suspect Charlie knows where Efdup is (its strongly implied he lived there once)... there was also some imagery that loosely ties Charlie to the "Jester" who both wanted Judy dead and advised Jillian to stay put. It would be mucho easy for him to have contacted Banhammer and redirected them to Efdup.

Still curious how they'll get around the Chillaxe when killing Olive, however. I wonder what Faq can do that won't be considered a hostile action... mebbe force her to OD on heroine buds.

Shai_hulud wrote:
Jillian couldn’t tell if it was a joke. But she shut up for a while, and simply followed Wanda up the stairs, though the gross, angled greenness. Her heart was with Faq, but her stomach was thinking about following Judy’s lead. It was already turning.
Spelling error. Is there a place to post these?

Yep... Typos/Weirdnesses thread in "Everything else Erfworld." I'll copy your post there now.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby bladestorm » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:23 pm

effataigus wrote:
teratorn wrote:That was my take, Wanda uses the tower to fetch the shoes and send Judy home.
Makes sense to me. Findamancy is outside of Wanda's discipline, yet we know she can cast it as of Book1... also would explain why Wanda needed such a precise description of the slippers. I'm just curious how she'll go from knowing where the slippers are to finding them to using them before Olive gets wise to her plan.

Also, I'm mostly convinced that Faq is outside of Efdup, not Haffaton City. We suspect Charlie knows where Efdup is (its strongly implied he lived there once)... there was also some imagery that loosely ties Charlie to the "Jester" who both wanted Judy dead and advised Jillian to stay put. It would be mucho easy for him to have contacted Banhammer and redirected them to Efdup.

Still curious how they'll get around the Chillaxe when killing Olive, however. I wonder what Faq can do that won't be considered a hostile action... mebbe force her to OD on heroine buds.

Shai_hulud wrote:
Jillian couldn’t tell if it was a joke. But she shut up for a while, and simply followed Wanda up the stairs, though the gross, angled greenness. Her heart was with Faq, but her stomach was thinking about following Judy’s lead. It was already turning.
Spelling error. Is there a place to post these?

Yep... Typos/Weirdnesses thread in "Everything else Erfworld." I'll copy your post there now.

Efdup is in GK....

If any Side can contend with the non-aggression enforcing powers of a Chillaxe, it would be Faq and their pursuit of non-aggressive philosophical discussion. They have combat, rules of engagement, and winners/losers of their peaceful pursuits, but they don't use violence to achieve those ends. Jillian most certainly lost many rounds of social combat, being the first to lose her temper and shout. Forcing Faq units to be non-violent.... what a concept.
bladestorm

Postby elecampane » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:55 pm

What non-hostile actions will they take to kill Ovlive? Why, pour a bucket of water on her, of course!
elecampane

Postby joosy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 pm

elecampane wrote:What non-hostile actions will they take to kill Ovlive? Why, pour a bucket of water on her, of course!

or drop a house on her. What.. thats not hostile?
joosy

Postby Mogster2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Delbert wrote:Noting that Wanda made reference to "the prisoner", I'm speculating that she figured that she could use Jillian to help her (Wanda) Turn herself. It seems to me (without any factual evidence, but this is speculation, after all) that a means of Turning so strong as the 'buds lends itself to a loophole not normally available to a Turned unit (in order to balance it a bit). I posit that Wanda's Loyalty has been subverted by the addiction but not rewritten, nor has she stopped thinking herself as a prisoner of Haffaton (well, Olive in particular, and given how she's been talking to Jillian recently).

I wonder... is it possible for a caster to intentionally set up a spell to backfire?

Judy could also be considered a prisoner, tho' it seems highly unlikely that a ruling unit could be turned directly.

Wanda wrote:“I’ve come to cast,” said Wanda evenly. “I need the tower boost, as the spell is outside my discipline.”

Is this the same thing Wanda did when she summoned Parson?

Also, who would be willing to make a loan to Haffaton? If Olive is hiring Charlie using "more Shmuckers we don’t have..." I definitely don't see Charlie extending credit, tho' he might take collateral (under ridiculously expensive terms, of course.) He traded Parson once for future services, but that doesn't sound like that's the case here.
Last edited by Mogster2 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogster2

Postby silverblob5 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:44 pm

I usually just lurk, but I had to come out for once: Wanda is going to turn Judy. Everything she's said is true in the context that Judy is a 'prisoner' of her own Chief Caster. Duty is maintained: Judy is better off as part of another side (or dead, most likely), and Haffaton is (arguably) better off with a Ruler other than Judy, and other than Olive (once Jillian croaks her). The cities go 'neutral', everybody's frozen until Banhammer and/or Jack arrive victoriously, and then they 'capture' both Wanda and Jillian. Or maybe if Haffaton officially ceases to exist, she reverts to Faq control immediately, and seizes the city herself. Banhammer recaptures his old cities, and everyone in Haffaton who knows where they are is either croaked or turned. Fate is maintained, and the scene is set for Wanda's eventual betrayal of Faq.
silverblob5

Postby bladestorm » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Orrrrr....
Love proves to be more powerful than Duty, and Wanda can deny croaking Jillian.

On a less Diznee note, Wanda and Jillian may be about the same level. I am guessing that even if Wanda were slightly higher in level, raw stats would favour a Warlord over a caster. Wanda may be Duty bound to croak Jillian, but that doesn't mean Jillian has to let her. Jillian can probably take Wanda in a fight, especially with no uncroaked minions to screen for her.
bladestorm

Postby ftl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Based on Jillian's admittedly arrogant assessment of her fight with Olive, a warlord should generally be able to beat up on a caster of even higher level - assuming they get an early strike. Casters are glass cannons and amazing support units, but not typically best for 1v1 fights.

Of course, the current situation is weird. Unarmed prisoner warlord, two casters around who may or may not fight against her, hero buds messing with everyone's perceptions... who knows what would happen if there were a fight. Olive would probably win.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:38 pm

effataigus wrote:Yep... Typos/Weirdnesses thread in "Everything else Erfworld." I'll copy your post there now.
Thank you.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby twhitt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Even without the Chillaxe, Janis was able to cast a spell to prevent Jojo from engaging. At level 12, Olive should be able to prevent a known, predictably solitary attacker from killing her.
twhitt
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby arkerpay » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:46 pm

I just love how the story has built to (what is likely to be) the climax. The next episode it seems like something dramatic has to happen.

Judy could finally OD this turn and Jillian could simply push Olive off the tower to fulfill the prophecy. But what would Wanda do?
arkerpay

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Whoever said Wanda is attempting to do finadamancy to summon the slippers is probably right. I do think that what she has planned has nothing to do with turning Jillian.

And more and more I keep wanting to know more of the history of Haffaton. This casters all sound interesting.
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby C9H20 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 am

So the prediction was that Faq will fall and Banhammer will die, later Marie added that it will be done by Haffaton. Well, there are two ways to look at this. One, Marie was right in her clarification that it will be Haffaton that conquers Faq and kills Banhammer. Or two, she confused two separate events for one due to their similar nature, fall of Faq. Both possibilities are interesting, and here is why:

Lets start with the second case, in that case things are pretty straightforward, Faq has already fallen to Haffaton which fulfills the second prophecy (Haffaton conquering Faq), and that only leaves the first prophecy of Faq falling and Banhammer dieing to be fulfilled by Wanda later.

But what of the first case? It would imply that Haffaton is the one to kill Banhammer and obliterate Faq, how can that be? Since it is almost certainly Wanda who killed Banhammer she would have to be a Haffaton unit at the time, either Haffaton still exists somewhere and she was a unit "lent" to Faq or she turned back to Haffaton to kill off Banhammer which implies old sides don't truly die out until all former members die too. When coupled with observations on the similarity of Haffaton and Wanda's own livery it raises question on how fully is Wanda a Gobwin Knob unit actually? Is she a member of a side that is subsumed by Stanley? Can units turn back to ostensibly dead sides? What does this mean in regards to decrypted and the rebellion that croaked King Saline? You get to speculate! :D
C9H20

Postby Shai_hulud » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:53 am

Or she never really predicted Haffaton would do it, and only said that after she heard Wanda was there.

Also why are people so many so sure Olive is going to die? Wanda has to get those flowers from somewhere in the future at Faq. It at least seems plausible she might survive.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions