Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:48 am

(Not shown in image are M9 and M10 - places available for 2 more players)

X1 frowns and yells, "You cwoaked them all? What are you, crazy? How will they pop without parents?"
Last edited by LTDave on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 am

M6 Peter will Dig for gems x2

if he finds any gems: Go NW, Buy Heavy Armor (and if he has a second Gem, a Sword)

If no gems are found: Dig for gems x2
CroverusRaven

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:58 am

M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) will fill bag w/ 6 Meat, Move SE, scout E
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 am

I notice that we have 3 different types of tools that we can make in this game. Are there any limitation on what each type of tool can make, or do we just need any tool to make another type of tool. (Can a shovel make an axe?)

M4 "Pod" will use his 2 gems to purchase 2 shovels and an axe, equip axe, order m9 to (equip shovel, go SE, dig for gems, dig for gems), order m10 to (equip shovel, go SE, dig for gems, dig for gems).

Pod tells Xino, "We found the bodies of two marbits in the hex to the SE, along with these gems. It appears that the group of Marbits that was here before cwoaked off. Could you please relay this news to Marking?"

"In light of the current circumstances, I think it is unlikely that we will be able to get 10 gems before your deadline. Perhaps you may be able to gain an extension on it by explaining what has happened here. In the meantime, we will be working on getting a sustainable operation up and running."
Swodaems

Postby The Colonel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 pm

M8 will also dig for more gems,

M8 digs for gems x2 go north west buys a bag and Pockets 2 units of food. He hands the change to another marbit in the home hex
The Colonel

Postby KF25 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Random VII scouts E, scouts W.
KF25

Postby Lamech » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:49 pm

M3 'Tech 2' Orders
Eat Meat, Rest until healed, Spend remaining actions ordering NPC's to attack the turtle, Spend remaining actions digging out a mineshaft
LTDave wrote:X1 frowns and yells, "You cwoaked them all? What are you, crazy? How will they pop without parents?"
Marbits pop without parents all the time. The stories from the great warrior Sod and Rod tell us of greey things popping with no parents. Perhaps you should have told us about these strange 'parents'.
Lamech

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:14 pm

M7 Lucky will again ask M5 to cut down a bush and make knives so that new marbits might help find gems or make useful items
Werebiscuit

Postby WhirdCheese » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:23 am

M5 moves Southeast (x2) gathers a seed then chops the large tree
Last edited by WhirdCheese on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhirdCheese

Postby Lamech » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:24 am

WhirdCheese wrote:M5 moves Southeast (x2) then chops the large tree (x2)

NOO, we need that thing's acorn to replant! Don't kill it yet!
Lamech

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:44 am

Swodaems wrote:M4 "Pod" will use his 2 gems to purchase 2 shovels and an axe, equip axe, order m9 to (equip shovel, go SE, dig for gems, dig for gems), order m10 to (equip shovel, go SE, dig for gems, dig for gems).

M2 will stop M10 and say "No..that's my shovel. You've to go SE and search the fallen tree for pinecones after eating"
eats, equips shovel, heads SE and digs for gems
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:19 pm

PROCESSING...
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey guys. I'm LARPing this weekend so I won't be able to post till late Sunday at the earliest. M6 Peter will eat, then spend all turn mining for gems.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Turn 3
Actions: . . .

M6 Peter will Dig for gems x2 {1 Gem found} if he finds any gems: Go NW, Buy Heavy Armor (and if he has a second Gem, a Sword)

M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) will fill bag w/ 6 Meat, Move SE, scout E

M4 "Pod" will use his 2 gems to purchase 2 shovels and an axe, equip axe, order m9 to (equip shovel, go SE, dig for gems, dig for gems), order m10 to (equip shovel, go SE, dig for gems, dig for gems). {M9 finds 1 Gem, M10 finds 2…}

M8 digs for gems x2 {finds 1 Gem} go north west buys a bag {The Merchant doesn't sell bags - just the items listed in his talking post} and Pockets 2 units of food {not enough hands}. He hands the change to another marbit in the home hex

Random VII scouts E, scouts W {West is the limit of the maps - nothing to scout here}.

M3 'Tech 2' Orders Eat Meat, Rest until healed, Spend remaining actions ordering NPC's to attack the turtle {NPCs are already ordered), Spend remaining actions digging out a mineshaft {no wood available to shore up mine}

M5 moves Southeast (x2{only takes 1 move because of the road}) gathers a seed {a seed cannot be found} then chops the large tree {x2}

M7 will stop M10 and say "No..that's my shovel. You've to go SE and search the fallen tree for pinecones after eating" {M10 ignores these contradictory orders} eats, equips shovel {no shovel}, heads SE and digs for gems {no shovel}

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2 (3), Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Random VII" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "tech2" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 "Pod" Swodaems Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M5 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Peter" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2 (4), Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 "Lucky" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M8 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M9 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M10 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M11 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M12 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat costs: 3 iron
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat costs: 2 wood, 1 iron
Crossbow Weapon, +1 Combat, Ranged costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Axe Chopping Tool, +2 Combat costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Shovel Digging Tool, +1 Combat costs: 1 wood
Knife Tool costs: 1/2 wood
Light Armour Armour, +1 Defence costs: 1 Hide
Heavy Armour Armour, +2 Defence costs: 3 iron
Shield Armour, +1 Defence costs: 2 wood
Bag Carries up to 6 small things - food, gems, etc. costs: 1 Hide

Pop Queue

Turn 4 Ends in 36 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
J-Raffes (aka OtisNecks) are Combat 0, Defence 1, Hits 8, Move 2.
Testudo Aurbreii (aka VFCs) are Combat 2, Defence 5, Hits 8, Move 2.
Butter Bear are Combat 4, Defence 2, Hits 6, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive and succeed.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders - so later posters can eat the food others harvest, or use tools they create.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry, and will be marked with a black dot. A hungry Marbit that does not eat will cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game. Combat plus d6 per fighter divided by enemy defence is hits inflicted. Hits are distributed equally across the stack before any one unit is cwoaked. Defence is calculated by the first 8 units' defence averaged across the whole stack, rounded down to one decimal (so 1 unit with 3 defence has defence of 3, but a stack of 20 units with 3 defence have a defence value of 1.2).
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
Marbits may "scout" a neighbouring hex for 2 move - essentially, they stick their head over the border, have a look, and then return. At the beginning of the next turn, the scouted hex will be revealed on the map.
It costs 2 move to enter a neighbouring hex, unless the border is marked with a brown line, representing a road. It costs 1 move to enter a hex with along a road.
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Pod tells Xino, "We found the bodies of two marbits in the hex to the SE, along with these gems. It appears that the group of Marbits that was here before cwoaked off. Could you please relay this news to Marking?" "In light of the current circumstances, I think it is unlikely that we will be able to get 10 gems before your deadline. Perhaps you may be able to gain an extension on it by explaining what has happened here. In the meantime, we will be working on getting a sustainable operation up and running."

"Found the bodies? Then they must have been cwoaked recently. But you only found two? Very strange. I'll pass the message on to the MarKing."

"I already have 3 of the 10 gems required - so that's only 7 more to gather in two turns. I think that's possible. I don't want to let the MarKing down."

{Minor Rules Clarifications: A Player who indicates they wish to join may not simply claim an NPC - they must wait until the following turn and are assigned one.

Any kind of tool can be used to create any kind of tool - but only axes can be used to chop wood, and only shovels can be used to dig.}
LTDave

Postby KF25 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Random VII eats,moves SE, scouts SW.
KF25

Postby WhirdCheese » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 pm

M5 chops the small bushes *3 then chop large tree.
WhirdCheese

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:07 am

M7 will order M10 & M9... Right give me your gems and I'll go exchange them. Both of you keep digging after giving me the gems.

(M9 give gem to M7 dig X3)
(M10 give both gems to M7 dig X3)

M7 lucky will take gems (since they're giving me them I trust I don't have to equip) and go NW and buy crossbow & knife for himself and an axe which he will drop, with 2 of the gems. He will buy heavy armour with the other which he will wear. He will use the crossbow to shoot the J-raffe use the knife to make a hide bag which he will equip.

so in effect since buying doesnt seem to use orders he should go NW, shoot the j-raffe and make bag and possibly equip bag
Werebiscuit

Postby Lamech » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:32 am

M3 'Tech Two' Orders
head south east, dig for gems, Try to get a acorn from the big tree, grab a piece of food
Lamech

Postby The Colonel » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:33 am

Who wants to attack a single butterbear?
The Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games