Darkness Rising - Charlie's Mission #1

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Darkness Rising - Charlie's Mission #1

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:58 pm

Darkness Rising - Turn 14 - Charlie's Mission

Confirmed:
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio): Warrior {Level 1, 4xp} [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Military, Well-protected, Beefy, Skilled] (Lesser Boost:2)
Sekan (ETheBoyce): Archer {Level 1, 0 XP; 2 AP Unspent} [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Military]
Anex (Werebiscuit): Archer {Level 1, 4xp} [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Military, Well-Armed, Skilled] (Lesser Boost:2)
Thomas the Tank (bob the 6th): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 8 Combat / 6 Defense / 20 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Heavy, Military]
Blackbeard (WhirdCheese): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [5 Combat / 11 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Specials: Heavy, Military]
Jaeger (Nnelg): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Leadership, Military]

Chester Napier (CroverusRaven): Caster {Level 5} [Special: Shockamancy]
Last edited by MarbitChow on Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MarbitChow

Re: Darkness Rising - Charlie's Mission #1

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Anex forms up saying " If I find out Regus volunteered me for this little escapade before leaving .... he'll find out yet another use for my ring"

"Who's in charge of this charade... Um... I mean who do I report to for this duty
?"
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:16 pm

"Chester Napier, reporting for duty."
CroverusRaven

Postby ETheBoyce » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Sekan blinks at the brightly soloered array before him, and then his eye alights upon their allied caster and he works to suppress a shudder. A....Shockamancer, that was most unpleasant, having dealt with his side's own Shockamancer on a number of turns soon after his turning Sekan was far from happy to have to side with yet another of those cruel casters. This one was no doubt even more malicious, as evidenced by his higher level...still hopefully he'd be too busy spending juice on the coming enemy to save any for...extracurriculars.
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby bob the 6th » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 pm

"Thomas the tank Reporting for Duty"

Thomas looks around, and enjoys the scenery. If he had to spend another turn in that gray pile of dung his side called a capital... but now, CLOWNS! Always fun to be around.
bob the 6th

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Chester chuckles at seeing the clowns, "These guys looks pretty, serious," a chuckle that starts to draw out into a gradual laugh, growing until it is a hysterical uproar. He finally begins to calm down, twirling his cane. He seems to always have the widest grin, showing way too many teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI
CroverusRaven

Postby WhirdCheese » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:22 am

Blackbeard leaps through the portal slightly after everyone else and says "Clowns? Where? I hate clowns!"

Did we get blessed/warded before leaving? Fortune will bless all PC's and curse the gobwins before they leave if there's no objections.
WhirdCheese

Postby Nnelg » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:39 am

CroverusRaven wrote:"Chester Napier, reporting for duty."

"Oberst Jaeger, Herr Napier." says Jaeger, offering out his hand... Bracing himself the the inevitable "joy buzzer" shock.

WhirdCheese wrote:"Clowns? Where? I hate clowns!"

Worse than that, there's mimes, too.

WhirdCheese wrote:Did we get blessed/warded before leaving? Fortune will bless all PC's and curse the gobwins before they leave if there's no objections.

Unless you wish for Fort to stay behind for the battles in the main campaign, he wouldn't have had the chance to (de)buff anyone. Same goes for Warding, I'm afraid; but even more so since we cannot spare Triage or Junetta.

PS:
Also, I'm still undecided on "Colonel Jaeger's" image. I was originally going to suggest the "standard warlord disguise" I came up for Nemo (at least until I came up with something better), but I kinda like the way what Marbit gave him looks so... Teutonic. I'll try to come up with something before Monday.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 am

That clown has a burger shield that's bigger and better than this piece of garbage that I'm carrying. Hmm, can I have a cheeseburger too?

And wait a second, is it me or are those mimes on fire?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:19 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:And wait a second, is it me or are those mimes on fire?
The Mimes are golems. Specifically, speedy, agile, unstable explody constructs. You'll find out more details about the overall strategy in the coming briefing, but the mime units are intended to create a kill zone that you'll want to lure a large number of enemies into - an exploding mimefield.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:34 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:That clown has a burger shield that's bigger and better than this piece of garbage that I'm carrying. Hmm, can I have a cheeseburger too?

Actually Anex had presumed you had a chakram...like hers but without the hole. Zed-Too being a man, and all.... :P
Werebiscuit

Postby Nnelg » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:53 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:That clown has a burger shield that's bigger and better than this piece of garbage that I'm carrying. Hmm, can I have a cheeseburger too?

You could always ask to trade... Or loot it from his corpse if he croaks. :lol:
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:58 am

Werebiscuit wrote:

Actually Anex had presumed you had a chakram...like hers but without the hole. Zed-Too being a man, and all.... :P

Something like this?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:59 am

MarbitChow wrote:the mime units are intended to create a kill zone that you'll want to lure a large number of enemies into - an exploding mimefield.

Oh. Ah c wut ya did thar.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:00 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:

Something like this?

ROFL

Yeah...but without the spangly tights
Werebiscuit

Postby Nnelg » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:13 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:the mime units are intended to create a kill zone that you'll want to lure a large number of enemies into - an exploding mimefield.

Oh. Ah c wut ya did thar.

Spoiler: show
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Nnelg » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Hey wait a second, Marbit, I just noticed that you left out my secondary. (I just realized now that the guy I thought was him was actually Thomas the Tank.)

I thought I had confirmed that I was going to run one?
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:24 pm

You did- and you're in. I copypastad from a previous entry, and forgot to add you in. Jager's been confirmed. I'll update the 1st post in a bit.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Swanson continues, "We're going to hope on board a bunch of zeppelins, and take that to the mission site. At that site, we're going to set up a choke point. Our objective is simple: we don't let the enemy through the pass.

"Beyond the pass, there's a level 4 city that our employers plan to capture. The enemy has been reinforcing it through this pass. For the past dozen turns, we've been placing a single scout in that hex, so that they expect to be in a battlespace every time they pass though. The next wave that comes through is going to be met with a bit of resistance, though. That's where you come in. On the next wave, you and my friend Chester here, plus a few bodyguards for him, are going to block that pass. They've only been sending in 2 stacks at a time, so I'm sure you can handle them with Napier's help.

"We'll be right behind you - literally. The pass is three hexes long - you'll be in the middle hex. We'll be in the far hex, and if you all die or they manage to get around you, we'll mop them up, but we'd REALLY REALLY like it if they didn't find out about us right away.

"Once you wipe out the first wave, they'll get serious. Most likely, they'll stop the constant small flood of units, and wait until they've got a decent-sized force to plow right through you. That's the point where we really hit them hard. Our forces will merge with yours, and we'll slaughter the whole lot of them.

"Any of you that live through this will be able to tell all the girlies back home about how awesome you were, and more importantly, how you got to fight along side Swanson Burgundy. Forty percent of the time, telling them you met me works every time."

Burgundy grins directly at Anex, and winks lecherously. "And babe, you KNOW what they say about guys who wear big shoes, and it's absolutely true."
MarbitChow

Postby WhirdCheese » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:02 pm

"Alright then. I'm ready to smash units from a side with a level 4. I mean seriously aren't all cities level 5?"
WhirdCheese

Next

Return to Your Games