Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King

Postby Swodaems » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:12 pm

M4 says "We will try to help you if we can. We're still getting used to our new situation and don't know much about this area. We still need to find a way to feed ourselves. We haven't the slightest idea where the best place to dig for gems is."

"Might we see a list of your wares along with their prices? In particular, I'd like to know if you have any seeds for sale."

"About how many marbits did there used to be here? Did the two marbits that went to the southeast say anything about what they were doing? Do you know their names or the names of any other marbits you regularly trade with who might still be around?"

"On a side note, might I ask what that symbol around your neck means?"

Oh boy, 3 turns to find 10 gems. (I get the strange feeling that the phrase 'deadline' might mean that the poor merchant gets disbanded if we don't get him those gems.)
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:45 pm

"Feed yourselves? There are plenty of beasts that pop regularly in these hexes. You'll need to hunt.
And the gems can be found in piles of rocks scattered around the valley. You'll need a shovel to dig for them."

"My prices are very fair, and entirely reasonable.
One Gem will get you a Sword, or a set of Heavy Armour.
Two Gems will get you any three items from this list - Spear, Crossbow, Axe, Shovel, Knife, Shield.
If there's something else you need, I'll see if I can get it for you."

"I also have some contacts in the MarPothecary's MarGuild. They are always on the look-out for various ingredients - bring me what you find, and I'll let you know what I can swap it for. Don't bother bringing me leaves."

"I never trouble to learn the names of the locals, but my name is Xino. The two that went South East took shovels, so I guess they went to look for gems. Follow the road, and you'll find them I'm sure."

"This thing around my neck? It's my badge of office. It tells everyone that I am an official member of the MarKing MerchantBit MarGuild. Mar."
Last edited by LTDave on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Turn 1
Actions: . . .

M1 "Seymour" will grab the Crossbow and Shield, and scout to the East.

M2 Random VII will grab sword and knife, scout SE.

M5 will grab the axe!

M3 "tech 2" Orders Grab Knife and Shovel, Gather Leaves, Feed Leaves to Turtle, If turtle tamed mount turtle - the Tortoise is happy to have M3 climb on board, but M3 quickly notices that everything takes a lot longer when riding a Tortoise. As long as he is mounted, M3 will find he has only 2 move per turn.

M6 - Gather leaves, try taming the Testudo Aurbreii, scout the SouthEast hex - Testudo already tamed and mounted!

M4 "Pod" will ask X1 about the valley (Does X1 have a useful map? Are we the first marbits to try to settle here, or have there been others? Any other important facts we should know?), equip axe (no axe), gather leaves, and use leaves to attempt to tame unattacked Otisneck (the Otisneck eats the leaves, and starts following you around).

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Random VII" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "tech2" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 "Pod" Swodaems Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M5 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Peter" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M8 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat costs: 3 iron
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat costs: 2 wood, 1 iron
Crossbow Weapon, +1 Combat, Ranged costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Axe Chopping Tool, +2 Combat costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Shovel Digging Tool, +1 Combat costs: 1 wood
Knife Tool costs: 1/2 wood
Light Armour Armour, +1 Defence costs: 1 Hide
Heavy Armour Armour, +2 Defence costs: 3 iron
Shield Armour, +1 Defence costs: 2 wood
Bag Carries up to 6 small things - food, gems, etc. costs: 1 Hide

Pop Queue
The Colonel

Turn 2 Ends in 36 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
J-Raffes (aka OtisNecks) are Combat 0, Defence 1, Hits 8, Move 2.
Testudo Aurbreii (aka VFCs) are Combat 2, Defence 5, Hits 8, Move 2.
The stats of El Tigre, Spidon'ts, and Butter Bear are unknown until you enter the hex…

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive and succeed.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders - so later posters can eat the food others harvest, or use tools they create.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry, and will be marked with a black dot. A hungry Marbit that does not eat will cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game. Combat plus d6 per fighter divided by enemy defence is hits inflicted. Hits are distributed equally across the stack before any one unit is cwoaked. Defence is calculated by the first 8 units' defence averaged across the whole stack, rounded down to one decimal (so 1 unit with 3 defence has defence of 3, but a stack of 20 units with 3 defence have a defence value of 1.2).
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
Marbits may "scout" a neighbouring hex for 2 move - essentially, they stick their head over the border, have a look, and then return. At the beginning of the next turn, the scouted hex will be revealed on the map.
It costs 2 move to enter a neighbouring hex, unless the border is marked with a brown line, representing a road. It costs 1 move to enter a hex with along a road.
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:17 pm

I scouted South East, what do I see?
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:20 pm

??? South East is the brown hex on the map... Or am I missing something?
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 pm

It just updated on my screen, sorry.
CroverusRaven

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:26 pm

M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) - Use crossbow to kill J-Raff, eat, gather hide, give hide to M2.

Seymour says, "Random VII (M2), can you make me a Bag from this hide? And help yourself to some food."
MarbitChow

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:27 pm

"I'm afraid to say the Marbits that went down the road appear to be dead. We should reclaim their shovels. There's a Butter Bear in the hex. Can some Marbit come with me? I want to reclaim those shovels and start digging."

M6 Peter will wait to be joined by others eat, travel Southeast, equip a shovel, then dig in rock pile for gems
Last edited by CroverusRaven on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Peter had better eat first...
LTDave

Postby Lamech » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:06 pm

We do need to eat...
M3 'Tech 2' Orders
Demount Turtle, Join in attacking J-raff, join in attacking j-raff, eat j-raff meat.
Lamech

Postby KF25 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Random VII attacks J-Raff,eats, makes bag, gives bag to Seymour.
KF25

Postby Swodaems » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:53 pm

You guys had better not be attacking the J-Raff I just tamed.

I noticed 2 spots on the ground in the SE hex that I think are gems.

M3 "Pod" will order M7 (Go SE, grab 2 the gems off the ground(Let peter distract the Butterbear), return NW, use gems to purchase sword and armor), equip sword and armor, mount tame J-Raff, and eat.
Swodaems

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:37 pm

M5 attacks a J-raff. Then eats
WhirdCheese

Postby Lamech » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:35 am

"Hey mister X1, we were mentioned the need to create agricola and food for the war effort, whatcho know about that?"
Lamech

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:27 am

"Agricola? I don't know that game. At the moment the great need of the MarKing is gems. My quota is 10 gems in three turns time."

{Waiting on orders from The Colonel - and there is an NPC waiting for a Player if anyone wants to jump on in - M7}
LTDave

Postby The Colonel » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:45 am

M8 eats the meat and joins M6 in his trip south east, grabbing a shovel when there.
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:20 am

M7 "Lucky" will ask M5 "Hey, Mr Choppy Can you use that axe to chop down a tree and make a couple of knives for us ? Then we can fend for ourselves ?"

Eats, Equips knife knife and uses hide to make armour
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:56 am

Colonel you have 1 more action. The road between the two hexes makes move only cost 1 action
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 am

PROCESSING...
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:45 am

Turn 2
Actions: . . .

M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) - Use crossbow to kill J-Raff (5 hits inflicted), eat, gather hide, take bag from M2.

M6 Peter will wait to be joined by others eat, travel Southeast, equip a shovel, then dig in rock pile for gems (no gems found this action)

M3 'Tech 2' Orders Demount Turtle, Join in attacking J-raff (6 hits inflicted - 2 hits taken - J-Raffe cwoaked), join in attacking j-raff (6 hits inflicted - 1 hits taken), eat j-raff meat.

M2 Random VII attacks J-Raff (4 hits inflicted - cwoaked) ,eats, makes bag,

M4 "Pod" will order M7 {There being no M7 to order, M3 will follow these orders himself (Go SE, grab 2 the gems off the ground, return NW, EAT {edited for effect}

M5 attacks a J-raff {8 hits inflicted - 1 hit taken - J-Raffe cwoaks, much to Pod's disgust}. Then eats.

M8 eats the meat and joins M6 in his trip south east, grabbing a shovel when there. {& digs for gems - 1 gem found}

M7 "Lucky" Eats, Equips knife knife {no knife available} and uses hide to make armour

Unit Status
Name
M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Random VII" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "tech2" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 1 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 "Pod" Swodaems Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M5 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 3 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Peter" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 "Lucky" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M8 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M9 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M10 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat costs: 3 iron
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat costs: 2 wood, 1 iron
Crossbow Weapon, +1 Combat, Ranged costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Axe Chopping Tool, +2 Combat costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Shovel Digging Tool, +1 Combat costs: 1 wood
Knife Tool costs: 1/2 wood
Light Armour Armour, +1 Defence costs: 1 Hide
Heavy Armour Armour, +2 Defence costs: 3 iron
Shield Armour, +1 Defence costs: 2 wood
Bag Carries up to 6 small things - food, gems, etc. costs: 1 Hide

Pop Queue
The Colonel

Turn 3 Ends in 36 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
J-Raffes (aka OtisNecks) are Combat 0, Defence 1, Hits 8, Move 2.
Testudo Aurbreii (aka VFCs) are Combat 2, Defence 5, Hits 8, Move 2.
Butter Bear are Combat 4, Defence 2, Hits 6, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive and succeed.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders - so later posters can eat the food others harvest, or use tools they create.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry, and will be marked with a black dot. A hungry Marbit that does not eat will cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game. Combat plus d6 per fighter divided by enemy defence is hits inflicted. Hits are distributed equally across the stack before any one unit is cwoaked. Defence is calculated by the first 8 units' defence averaged across the whole stack, rounded down to one decimal (so 1 unit with 3 defence has defence of 3, but a stack of 20 units with 3 defence have a defence value of 1.2).
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
Marbits may "scout" a neighbouring hex for 2 move - essentially, they stick their head over the border, have a look, and then return. At the beginning of the next turn, the scouted hex will be revealed on the map.
It costs 2 move to enter a neighbouring hex, unless the border is marked with a brown line, representing a road. It costs 1 move to enter a hex with along a road.
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games