Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King COMPLETED

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:59 pm

After many turns at sea on their makeshift rafts, the survivors of the Desolate Island are picked up by a passing MarShip, and brought, with great haste, to the throne room of the Great and Mighty Marbit King.

The King is delighted to have the Helm of Destiny in his possession, and showers Monk in particular with praise.
Monk is most humble - "We really owe it all to two great Marbits - Rod, and Sod. Rod found the helm, then cwoaked when he waved his dingle at a birdie. And Sod was the one who ordered us to leave the Island with the helm. He cwoaked chopping down the last tree on an Island to spite an immortal creature with a giant head, that can conjure creatures from nothingness with a wave of his hand..."
{Somehow the speech sounded better in his head. Are you allowed to say "dingle" in front of a King?}

The King smiles and nods. "We will erect a monument to Rod and Sod, and to all of the brave Marbits who gave so much to bring this macguffin, I mean powerful magical artifact, to the place where it can do the most good."

"Monk, as a level 5 warrior, you are hereby appointed to the Eastern Front, to stem the tide of Gobwin incursions. Good luck."

"As for the rest of you, I have something in keeping with your talents. You will go from this place to a peaceful valley, not far from this City, where you will oversee the primary industries of the Kingdom, namely, agriculture and mining. We need gems and food if we are to defeat the Green Devils in the East, and every Marbit must do their part."

"May the Titans go with you. Or at least the nicer, more interested Titans."
Last edited by LTDave on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Re: Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Equipment List
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat costs: 3 iron
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat costs: 2 wood, 1 iron
Crossbow Weapon, +1 Combat, Ranged costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Axe Chopping Tool, +2 Combat costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Shovel Digging Tool, +1 Combat costs: 1 wood
Knife Tool costs: 1/2 wood
Light Armour Armour, +1 Defence costs: 1 Hide
Heavy Armour Armour, +2 Defence costs: 3 iron
Shield Armour, +1 Defence costs: 2 wood
Bag Carries up to 6 small things - food, gems, etc. costs: 1 Hide

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive and succeed.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders - so later posters can eat the food others harvest, or use tools they create.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry, and will be marked with a black dot. A hungry Marbit that does not eat will cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game. Combat plus d6 per fighter divided by enemy defence is hits inflicted. Hits are distributed equally across the stack before any one unit is cwoaked. Defence is calculated by the first 8 units' defence averaged across the whole stack, rounded down to one decimal (so 1 unit with 3 defence has defence of 3, but a stack of 20 units with 3 defence have a defence value of 1.2).
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
Marbits may "scout" a neighbouring hex for 2 move - essentially, they stick their head over the border, have a look, and then return. At the beginning of the next turn, the scouted hex will be revealed on the map.
It costs 2 move to enter a neighbouring hex, unless the border is marked with a brown line, representing a road. It costs 1 move to enter a hex with along a road.
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.

Things to Note:
J-Raffes (aka OtisNecks) are Combat 0, Defence 1, Hits 8, Move 2.
Testudo Aurbreii (aka VFCs) are Combat 2, Defence 5, Hits 8, Move 2.
Last edited by LTDave on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Re: Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King RECRUI

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Please indicate here if you would like to play - claim a Marbit and issue orders if you like. X1 is not up for player control.
There is room for 6 Marbits initially, though more will be added each turn.
I will take players by preference who have played in MI2 or MI, and then others.

Please take the time to read the rules - there are some changes and additions.

The focus on this game is more conquest and expansion than survival - though there will be plenty of that as well.
LTDave

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 pm

M1 "Seymour" will grab the Crossbow and Shield, and scout to the East.
MarbitChow

Postby KF25 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:35 pm

M2 Random VII will grab sword and knife, scout SE.
KF25

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:22 pm

M5 will grab the axe!
Last edited by WhirdCheese on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhirdCheese

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:23 pm

M3 "tech 2" Orders
Grab Knife and Shovel, Gather Leaves, Feed Leaves to Turtle, If turtle tamed mount turtle, otherwise attack J-raf
Lamech

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Question: what are the base marbit stats?
2 attack/defense 4 move, and 4 hits?
Lamech

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Correct.
And WhirdCheese, the Crossbow has been taken.
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Claiming M6, AGAIN!! He shall call himself Peter!

He will grab the shovel, gather leaves and see if he can get the Testudo Aurbreii to eat them.

Edit: Gather leaves, try taming the Testudo Aurbreii, scout the SouthEast hex
Last edited by CroverusRaven on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CroverusRaven

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Already grabbed the shovel! What we really need is some food getting... I still wonder if marbits are edible. Are marbits edible? I'm going to sac the first two NPCs we get to find out.
Lamech

Postby KF25 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Lamech wrote:Already grabbed the shovel! What we really need is some food getting... I still wonder if marbits are edible. Are marbits edible? I'm going to sac the first two NPCs we get to find out.

You do realize that we marbits are fighting a war, right? Cannabalizing each other is totally going to help the war effort.
KF25

Postby Lamech » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:55 am

KF25 wrote:
Lamech wrote:Already grabbed the shovel! What we really need is some food getting... I still wonder if marbits are edible. Are marbits edible? I'm going to sac the first two NPCs we get to find out.

You do realize that we marbits are fighting a war, right? Cannabalizing each other is totally going to help the war effort.

NPC's don't help the war effort anyway. If we cannibalize them we can produce more food! Otherwise they just stand around and eat and sing. I suppose we could also use them on suicidal scouting missions...

Alright guys, after I have my first mount what should my first project be? I do have a shovel...
Lamech

Postby The Colonel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:29 am

Okay, reserve M8 for me!
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:50 am

M4 "Pod" will ask X1 about the valley (Does X1 have a useful map? Are we the first marbits to try to settle here, or have there been others? Any other important facts we should know?), equip axe, gather leaves, and use leaves to attempt to tame unattacked Otisneck.

Here is hoping we have a helpful GMPC this time around. (Yeah, I was obviously suffering from some sort of denial when I wrote that sentence.)
Swodaems

Postby KF25 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:23 am

Lamech wrote:
KF25 wrote:

NPC's don't help the war effort anyway. If we cannibalize them we can produce more food! Otherwise they just stand around and eat and sing. I suppose we could also use them on suicidal scouting missions...

Alright guys, after I have my first mount what should my first project be? I do have a shovel...

His Marjesty could have you executed.
KF25

Postby Lamech » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 pm

But then who would build him a throne of bones? And without a throne of bones how will he get extra life when people cast croakamancy?
Lamech

Postby KF25 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Lamech wrote:But then who would build him a throne of bones? And without a throne of bones how will he get extra life when people cast croakamancy?

I'm sure there's plenty of marbits capable of throne-building.
KF25

Postby LTDave » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:29 pm

PROCESSING.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:47 pm

M4 "Pod" will ask X1 about the valley (Does X1 have a useful map? Are we the first marbits to try to settle here, or have there been others? Any other important facts we should know?)

X1 gives a big smile and a wave as M4 approaches.

"Ah! the Famous Marbits from Desolation Island! Welcome to the Valley.
No, I don't have a map. I'm not sure one has ever been made.
Oh, there are plenty of Marbits here. Although, I haven't seen any recently. There's normally a steady stream of them though this village, trading gems for all sorts of items. The last two headed South East last turn - I'm sure they'll be back soon.
I'm a MerchantBit - I serve the MarKing by regulating trade between the valley and the City. The MarKing needs Gems. I arrange for Gems to be traded for tools, armour, weapons - almost anything you need. I have a deadline to provide 10 Gems to the City in three turns time. Can you help?
Last edited by LTDave on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Next

Return to Your Games