Darkness Rising v2.0 - 'Tenebris Unleashed' Campaign

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising v2.0 - 'Tenebris Unleashed' Campaign

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:19 pm

On the issue of activity, I'm not nearly familiar enough with the combat system to do anything more than be a klutz, and Triage's healing-ness is pretty straightforward right now.

I do note however that the game is getting much much bigger than I think any other Erfworld game has - not only are our unit numbers far beyond those of the old TBfGK games, they're approaching the dozens of units of the game I tried to run way back (which ultimately got bogged down in large part because of the numbers). On top of that, we're also tracking everyone individually and at a sub-hex level (at most I tried to track hexes, or city zones). Epic kudos to MarbitChow for not having an exploding head yet. But this might give us a potential for solving things - it's possible the game will evolve into a hybrid of both: a hex-level strategy game, zooming in to tactical battles at key junctions. (In fact, we might even want to hijack some of the old TBfGK or TAW stack combat systems to "automate" minor conflicts the PCs don't want to micromanage, as we're shifting already to that sort of thing.)

PS: Also, Marbit, does the city not have a gate?
WaterMonkey314

Postby Nnelg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:36 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:On the issue of activity, I'm not nearly familiar enough with the combat system to do anything more than be a klutz, and Triage's healing-ness is pretty straightforward right now.

Well then, does Triage have a preference of whether he wants to go to Logan's Run, or join either the mercenaries or a hypothetical expedition to find randoms? And if not, are you fine with the group assigning him to one of those three (bearing in mind that the latter two hold a not-insignificant risk of character death).

(Oh, and can you officially Ward Nemo, Fort, and Rudy, please?) ;)
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:56 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:PS: Also, Marbit, does the city not have a gate?
It does - the scouting report is just a representation of the city, not the full available layout. Also, since I seem to have missed your 2.0 revisions for Triage, can you point me to them or post them again?

Nnelg wrote:(Oh, and can you officially Ward Nemo, Fort, and Rudy, please?) ;)
I think Triage has free wards for both turns 12 & 13, when the New Batch arrives. Triage and Junetta have fully warded all other units on turns 10 & 11, and Junetta is currently stockpiling healing potions.

As to the two-game solution, I'm trying to keep the overland game even higher level than hex-level - it's really just city-level and zones of interest. If PCs aren't involved in the conflict, I think auto-resolving them is likely, but I strongly suspect that every identifiable conflict will have some PCs that want to take part, if for no other reason than to grab every XP they can.

Having said that, we really are "almost there" when it comes to starting the next scenarios. We've just got to determine what units get assigned to what missions now, and we can start the various balls rolling.
MarbitChow

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:28 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
It does - the scouting report is just a representation of the city, not the full available layout. Also, since I seem to have missed your 2.0 revisions for Triage, can you point me to them or post them again?

I believe this should be them:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6310&start=20#p90043

Nnelg wrote:(Oh, and can you officially Ward Nemo, Fort, and Rudy, please?) ;)
I think Triage has free wards for both turns 12 & 13, when the New Batch arrives. Triage and Junetta have fully warded all other units on turns 10 & 11, and Junetta is currently stockpiling healing potions.

This is true - Triage has spare juice leftover, and/or he can ward them by using Burnout juice.

With respect to missions, I'd prefer to go to Logan's Run, unless there's a pressing need to take Junetta instead. (The key difference between the two healers right now is that Junetta can Space Out opponents while Triage can break wards - with minimal leadership, I don't think spacing out will be needed, though it's reasonably likely the units are warded, given an enemy Healomancer and our historical trends of warding everyone on pop.)
WaterMonkey314

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:20 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:

I believe this should be them:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6310&start=20#p90043
Got it. Yes, you can redistribute combat stats, so let me know what changes you want to make there, if any.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 am

I need popping orders for Turn 14, which will be the turn in which Charlie's unit(s) arrive at Dis City to begin his mission, and the turn in which all Merc units from Tenebris arrive at Dis City. Also, what turn do the Logan Run forces leave?
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:58 am

Tod's already established that the majority of the Logan's Run attack force will be leaving Turn 13. (Not necessarily all, though, we might Balrug something in, or have a couple NKs tow a Ram or two, or something.)

All we need to figure out now is who's going on what mission.

As for the popping orders, we have 4 Turns worth of them to figure out. I would suggest that we use Dis City to pop all our infantry, while Tenebris pops anything faster that we need.

I, for one, suggest we pop at least two more turns of Imps. Half of them we can use for scouting Rainbow Springs, Tyrone, and patrolling our soon-to-be territory, and the other half can go on deep recon, so that they can spot enemy armies before they reach their border cities. (That way, we can have almost twice as much warning time.)
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Swodaems » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:41 am

(Most of this post was written before looking at Nnelg's latest post, so it says alot of the same things.)

I was arguing for the plan for leaving for Logan's Run on turn 13. I still think that is a good idea based on the information we now have. Bill can maintain his 9 skele archers until we reach the city on turn 17(They were all created on turn 9, correct? Extended Decay happens on turns 12, 15 and 18.) and raise more before the battle if we take 2 bone carts worth of corpses with us.

It appears that Logan's run is very lightly defended. The imps didn't note an upgrade. Now that we have a better idea of what is waiting for us, we can start eliminating units we don't need from the mission.

We might want to try taking this using a force of mostly PCs and leaving alot of NPCs behind or on Charlie's mission. Or we could take the NPCs along, but have them stay outside the city hex unless needed. (I want Wandereus to be part of the battle so he can hit level 4 and take comptroller and logistician. We could use a unit like that in Tenebris.) Bill and Vinny can use their talents to provide us with more troops while keeping the number of exp eating units low.

Before we can go, we need to determine popping orders for the next few turns.

I'm thinking we may actually want to not be popping at all. Our upkeep is getting rather high. When we're popping, our upkeep increases by 120 per turn(5*(16(Tenebris UP)+8(Dis City UP))). Choosing to pop natural allies could potentially double that to 240. We can't afford those increases long term. We can use the money to upgrade our cities. Logan's run could use upgrades after we take it to boost its income.

On the subject of intel, we need to position a few imps so that we know the very turn that anything leaves Rainbow Springs. The elves need 6 turns to move 8 move units down the 41 hex path to Dis City from Rainbow Springs. That gives us 5 turns to react and move troops around. We need 5 to move units from Logan's Run to Dis City, so that is convinent. This allows us to use a force positioned at Logan's run to defend Dis city and cut down on our total number of troops. However, if the elves are able to move 1 hex away from Rainbow Springs without detection, then they could advantage that into giving us only 4 turns of reaction time.

Of course, if we can put imps behind the enemies cities, I want to do that. The more intel, the better.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Swodaems wrote:I'm thinking we may actually want to not be popping at all.
That's not an option. You must assign your full UP for each city each turn. Beast harvesting rules, if you wish to go that route, would probably be on the order of getting the beast's upkeep value as forage credit on the next turn, but note that you cannot reduce upkeep more than 50%.
MarbitChow

Postby Exate » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Swodaems wrote:I was arguing for the plan for leaving for Logan's Run on turn 13. I still think that is a good idea based on the information we now have. Bill can maintain his 9 skele archers until we reach the city on turn 17(They were all created on turn 9, correct? Extended Decay happens on turns 12, 15 and 18.) and raise more before the battle if we take 2 bone carts worth of corpses with us.
Definitely in favor of hitting them ASAP. Is there a complete list of our side's units and their locations anywhere? It would be a great help in figuring out what is going on and maybe contributing to strategy in specifics instead of generalities.

Swodaems wrote:I'm thinking we may actually want to not be popping at all. Our upkeep is getting rather high. When we're popping, our upkeep increases by 120 per turn(5*(16(Tenebris UP)+8(Dis City UP))). Choosing to pop natural allies could potentially double that to 240. We can't afford those increases long term. We can use the money to upgrade our cities. Logan's run could use upgrades after we take it to boost its income.
I'm the last person to say that we shouldn't mind our upkeep, but I have to disagree here. We desperately need units, because Breatheairia is popping something like 40 UP of units each turn (before natural allies or Logisticians); we'll need every last UP of units that we can get in order to compete. Avoiding popping natural allies is more reasonable because they directly drain shmuckers in order to pop, but normal units should be popped to the limit of our UP every turn- and if we have too much upkeep, then we should really be attacking people to trade some of those units for XP and territory. At this point in our side's life, I think we want to max natural allies, too, and ensure that we establish a new gobwin colony in every city we take. Strategic aggression is vital to our side's success.

With the Charlie mercenary option on the table, Charlie will literally pay our units' upkeep for us and then some, so we can send off any unacceptably expensive fraction of our forces to do mercenary work and thereby turn a costly military into a profitable one- and even if they die, it only helps our money problems.

Finally, we can defer the upkeep of our popping units a few turns simply by popping more expensive units- because any units that takes multiple turns to pop isn't costing us upkeep while it's popping, so a dark archon (4 turn pop time) gives us 3 turns where our upkeep doesn't rise at all due to its native city's production. It's not a huge difference (480 shmuckers saved, I believe) but every little bit counts.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:50 pm

I've been glazing over most of this, but I'm now seeing mention of departing on turn 13? I have laid out the Golems I create up until Turn 14, so just let me know if it is confirmed that Vinny is leaving sooner. He can still craft in the field, he just needs to have the Staff to complete what I laid out for him.

Also I'm not sure about this "you must produce" ruling since the comic seems to suggest otherwise. If you always had to be popping, then Haffaton would have more units in the cities Jillian has seen.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Just in case you missed it, the turn results have the following listed for you. This makes it easy to adjust if the juice you allocate to create golems each turn changes (for example, you make a few cloaks or lose the rod).

Vinny : Craft Lesser Golems
Queue
    3 Steadycrows (48/48 Juice)
    6 Scarycrows (96/96 Juice)
    3 Jack-o-Lanterns (0/48 Juice)
    1 Bomb-o-Lantern (0/16 Juice)
0beron wrote:Also I'm not sure about this "you must produce" ruling since the comic seems to suggest otherwise. If you always had to be popping, then Haffaton would have more units in the cities Jillian has seen.
Not if they get remotely disbanded each turn, or are used to pop long-pop-time units that are immediately moved to new locations. There are only a few hints in either direction: Parson's investigation of self-sufficiency hacks seems to suggest that there is a problem, and the idea of forced popping leads naturally to forced aggression in order to support the increased populations, which is why I'm assuming that it is a requirement, and have ruled as such. I'll update the rules with that note.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Yes I caught that, thanks. I just wanted to inform the other players of the implications of their actions so they don't decide something and suddenly go "why do we have fewer Golems than Vinny said?" haha. As long as I keep the Rod while on the road, this list will remain unchanged.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Swodaems wrote:(Most of this post was written before looking at Nnelg's latest post, so it says alot of the same things.)

Then, could you comment on my plan of attack, please? :roll:

Originally, I was going to suggest that we take Logan's Run by moving up entirely under the cover of a couple Covered Rams, (which we could get to the battle in time using Naughty Kitties to tow them) but now I have a more bold proposition.

I suggest that we use our faster units (the Naughty Kitties, the Heck Pups, the Bad Ass, and the Balrug) to perform a recon-by-fire of Scarlet Hills. If it turns out to be as poorly defended as Logan's Run, taking it shouldn't be a problem.

It's 49 Hexes away, but if we fiddle around with the Balrug a bit, we should be able to get all the Kitties (including two fresh ones popped on Turn 14) there in 4 (with some move to spare, even); so we can synchronize the attack with that at Logan's Run. This forwards element could also fall back to Dis City quickly, should the elves try to launch an attack at the same time as ours.

Swodaems wrote:On the subject of intel, we need to position a few imps so that we know the very turn that anything leaves Rainbow Springs.

I've done some significant mathamancy on the subject of Imps and scouting.
Spoiler: show
I've started by assuming that each route shown consists of a single path averaging no more than two hexes wide (as in, the average of the number of hexes that are equally close to the destination at each increment of distance from the city of embarkation is no more than two). In other words, I'm assuming there's pretty much only 1 path an army is likely to travel along.

If this is true, then each Imp should ideally be able to patrol 8 move worth of path. However, since we'd want to conserve Thinkagrams, we should account for overlap hexes so that Imps can share information personally. If each Imp ends its turn actually on the hex overlapping the patrol route of the next Imp closest to our lines, and the Imps farthest away move first, we can ensure that all our reconnaissance data is available with just a few Thinkagrams. (Granted, such nth-hand reports are unlikely to be complete; however an additional Thinkagram can be used to contact the Imp whom actually made the report, if a first-hand account is desired.) Since we'd also want to work in some margin for error, the real range of what an Imp can scout is closer to 6 move worth of path.

This means that exactly two Imps is the ideal number to use for each path. Working in tandem, they should be able to detect any force within 12 move of the City along that path. Using only one Imp risks an enemy army "skipping" the patrol zone (although not if said army ends its Turn exactly 8 move away from the City). A third Imp could theoretically extend the patrol range out to 18 move, but since the majority of units with more than 12 move are fliers, it would probably be very difficult to predict what route they may take.

I've done a great deal more work on this, but I've run out of time atm.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:09 pm

If we absolutely must pop units, then Imps are not a bad idea.

If upkeep is a problem, then presumably we could also slow down the pop rate a bit with some UP-expensive units.

But upkeep should not be a problem, and we shouldn't be thinking of popping slow-to-make units just to earn a few turns with no upkeep increase. We need more foraging.

Attacking a different town in bold proposals. Nah. Lets go for the target we know before chasing greater, and likely illusory, gains.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Nnelg wrote:I've started by assuming that each route shown consists of a single path averaging no more than two hexes wide (as in, the average of the number of hexes that are equally close to the destination at each increment of distance from the city of embarkation is no more than two). In other words, I'm assuming there's pretty much only 1 path an army is likely to travel along.

Your assumption is incorrect, then. The maps show the distance along the shortest viable between two cities. There is no guarantee that it resolves to a unique path, because the actual cost to travel through a hex may be 1, 2, 3, or even impossible. For game purposes, I've assumed that a City hex, and all hexes around a city, always have a cost of 1. Beyond the city, there is no such guarantee. A very simple example, here, shows that by introducing a single 2-move hex into a path, you immediately create 3 possible paths of the same length. Creating a random field populated by 1, 2, or 3 move hexes would create a variety of such paths.
I am absolutely not going to allow complexity greater than "this is the shortest amount of time it will take to reach the city" to enter into this game, because I'm not going to be bothered to check the work.

Imps have the option of scouting a city (in which they get the city level, possibly siege structures, and may or may not get unit information), scouting a region (in which it makes absolutely no difference what pattern you specify, since I will ignore it and simply arbitrarily determine whether you find anything cool), or scouting for forage (which generates a random amount of upkeep offset if there are sufficient non-Garrison archers stationed in the city to capitalize on it). That's it. It's more complex than "you get X turns of warning for Y Imps, which was the version-1 implementation of imps, but it's still pretty simple.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm

If only I were level 5, I could take Logan's Run with just Cumulonimbus and myself with ease!
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Can we also have stats for the poppable structures?

Incidentally, assuming they've only got archers on LR, we might just have found a situation where the covered ram tactic works.

(I suspect there's some infantry hidden in the city; and the army might change before we get there; but still).
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Can we also have stats for the poppable structures?
Stats for the structures are in the Cities And Structures section of the rules, and also listed in the Unit Popping Quick Reference section.
MarbitChow

Postby Exate » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:22 pm

All right, in an effort to get us finalized I've pulled the unit list out of the reference thread and pulled in more stats to try and include all usable non-garrison units, then edited some things to reflect unit movement and changes (everyone got warded, skeletons had extended decay, new batch showed up, applied training XP, the royal guards went home). I would also appreciate any corrections to this so that we can avoid working off bad data; this is intended to be entirely up to date as of immediately following the Balrug's arrival to drop off part of the New Batch on Turn 13.

I think that the WL and WH builds need auditing as there isn't any way I can see to end up with 21 Hits within the rules; something went wrong there. There might be other mistakes somewhere or other as well. We'll probably want to spend a lot of the banked AP these units have before sending them off to battle, possibly to unify their builds somewhat; the W builds should probably all join up with either the WL or WH build group, and the WB and WA groups can merge easily enough.

Could not find up to date versions of all the golem designs; I'm pretty sure spending AP on things like Block is now not a thing, since as they are based on the Warrior they will start with the Military special automatically instead. Guessed at what they should be accordingly.

Anyway! The point of all this is that with this list on hand, listing out exactly who is going where should just be a matter of shoving the units around into deployment groups by mission and tweaking those groups until none of us are so dissatisfied with them that we object.

Regular Units - Dis City
Rowan (WL01): Warrior {Level 2, 12 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Damage Ward (8), Potion: Revitalize (8) x2
Tyler (WL02): Warrior {Level 2, 12 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Damage Ward (8), Potion: Revitalize (8) x2
Lian (WL03): Warrior {Level 2, 12 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Damage Ward (8), Potion: Revitalize (8) x2

Erick (WH01): Warrior {Level 2, 12 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 22 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-16)
Colby (WH02): Warrior {Level 2, 12 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 22 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-16)
Joe (WH04): Warrior {Level 2, 12 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 22 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-16)

Sergio (W01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP, 3 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting] (Ward-16)
Marvin (W02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP, 3 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting] (Ward-16)
Chris (W03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP, 3 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting] (Ward-16)

Ruben (WB01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP, 2 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Bodyguard] (Ward-16)
Edgar (WB02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP, 2 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Bodyguard] (Ward-16)
Salvador (WB03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP, 2 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Bodyguard] (Ward-16)

Casey (WA01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 26 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-16)
Phillip (WA02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 26 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-16)

Tony (SA01): Spearman {Level 2, 10 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 7 Defense / 24 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-16)
Jeffrey (SA02): Spearman {Level 2, 10 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 7 Defense / 24 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-16)
Devon (SA03): Spearman {Level 2, 10 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 7 Defense / 24 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-16)
Jonas (SA04): Spearman {Level 2, 10 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 7 Defense / 24 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special : Military, Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-16)

Larry (S01): Spearman {Level 2, 10 XP, 3 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 16 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special : Military, Dance Fighting] (Ward-16)
Jaydon (S02): Spearman {Level 2, 10 XP, 3 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 16 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special : Military, Dance Fighting] (Ward-16)
Jimmy (S03): Spearman {Level 2, 10 XP, 3 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 16 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special : Military, Dance Fighting] (Ward-16)
Brett (S04): Spearman {Level 2, 10 XP, 3 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 16 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special : Military, Dance Fighting] (Ward-16)

Eduardo (ZA01): Archer {Level 1, 1 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Brendan (ZA02): Archer {Level 1, 1 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Terry (ZA03): Archer {Level 1, 1 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Malik (ZA04): Archer {Level 1, 1 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Darius (ZA05): Archer {Level 1, 1 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Byron (ZA06): Archer {Level 1, 1 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)

Comet : (DF-8) Dark Flier {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits. Fire. Special: Military, Fly] (Ward-16)

Naughty Kitty 1: Naughty Kitty {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 24 Hits / Assault. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty 2: Naughty Kitty {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 24 Hits / Assault. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty 3: Naughty Kitty {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 24 Hits / Assault. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty 4: Naughty Kitty {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 24 Hits / Assault. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty 5: Naughty Kitty {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 24 Hits / Assault. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty 6: Naughty Kitty {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 24 Hits / Assault. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)

Heck Pup (HP03): Heck Pup {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 20 Hits / Assault. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-16)
Heck Pup (HP04): Heck Pup {Level 2, 6 XP, 1 AP Banked, 3 Combat Stats Banked} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 20 Hits / Assault. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-16)

Skeleton SA1: Archer [9 Combat / 2 Defense / 7 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Skeletal, Well-Armed, Extended Decay 1] (Ward-16)
Skeleton SA2: Archer [9 Combat / 2 Defense / 7 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Skeletal, Well-Armed, Extended Decay 1] (Ward-16)
Skeleton SA3: Archer [9 Combat / 2 Defense / 7 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Skeletal, Well-Armed, Extended Decay 1] (Ward-16)
Skeleton SA4: Archer [9 Combat / 2 Defense / 7 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Skeletal, Well-Armed, Extended Decay 1] (Ward-16)
Skeleton SA5: Archer [9 Combat / 2 Defense / 7 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Skeletal, Well-Armed, Extended Decay 1] (Ward-16)
Skeleton SA6: Archer [9 Combat / 2 Defense / 7 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Skeletal, Well-Armed, Extended Decay 1] (Ward-16)
Skeleton SA7: Archer [9 Combat / 2 Defense / 7 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Skeletal, Well-Armed, Extended Decay 1] (Ward-16)
Skeleton SA8: Archer [9 Combat / 2 Defense / 7 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Skeletal, Well-Armed, Extended Decay 1] (Ward-16)
Skeleton SA9: Archer [9 Combat / 2 Defense / 7 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Skeletal, Well-Armed, Extended Decay 1] (Ward-16)

BS 1 - Brickabat Swarm [0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman]
BS 2 - Brickabat Swarm [0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman]
BS 3 - Brickabat Swarm [0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman]
BS 4 - Brickabat Swarm [0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman]

Often-Questionably Notable Units:
Dis City:
Bill: Caster {Lvl 4, 64xp} [5 Combat / 3 Defense / 16 Hits / 8 {8} Move. 15 (out of 52(+8)) Juice. Fire, Quick-shot. Special: Croakamancy (Reanimator, Bone Puppeteer, Uncroak, Pall Raiser, Bone Warlord)] (Ward-16) Scroll: Revitalize (8), Scroll: Revitalize (16), Scroll: Regenerate, Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Triage: Caster {Lvl 4, 64xp} [6 Combat / 4 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 35 Juice. Fire, Quick-shot. Special: Healomancy (Revitalize; Renew; Minor Ward; Ward)] (Ward-16) Staff of Er: Allows caster to cast a 2nd Healmancy spell in the same turn with casting cost of the 2nd spell doubled, Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
T. Coil: Caster {Lvl 4, 63xp} [10+3 Combat / 1 Defense / 22 Hits / 8 {8} Move. 32 Juice. Special: Shockamancy (Hoboken, Grounding, TooGeeWonCee, Ickypron)] (Ward-16) Staff of Locockus: Combat +2, Cloak: Negate Strike/Assault, Ring: +1 Combat, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20) x2, Scroll: Revitalize (8), Scroll: Revitalize (16)
Junetta: Caster {Lvl 4, 55xp} [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 16 Hits / 8 {8} Move. 68 Juice. Fire, Quick-Shot. Special: Healamancy (Revitalize, Damage Ward, Revitalize Group), Flower Power (Space Out)] (Ward-16) Potion: Revitalize (32) x6
Vinny Starcall: Caster {Lvl 2, 8xp} [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 28 Juice. Fire. Special: Dollamancer (Craft Minor Accessory, Craft Lesser Golem)] (Ward-16) Stewart’s Rod: Max Juice +8, Cloak: Negate Fire (worn), Cloak: Negate Shockamancy
Nemo: Caster {Level 2, 7xp} [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 28 Juice. Fire. Special: Foolamancy (Glamour, Baffle)] (Lesser Boost:2) Cloak: Negate Fire
Fortunes Chance: Caster {Level 2, 5xp} [3 Combat / 2 Defense / 8 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 24 Juice. Fire. Special: Luckamancy (Lesser Boost, Multi-Target, Lucky Streak)] (Lesser Boost:2) Cloak: Negate Fire

Tod: Spearman {Lvl 4, 67xp} [9 Combat / 9 Defense / 24 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike, Lunge. Special: Military, Leadership, Improved Leadership, Paragon, Trainer, Chief Warlord] (Ward-16) Ring: +1 Defense, Cloak: Negate Shockamancy, Talkie Bracer: Thinkagram 2x/day; +1 Effective Level for Leadership purposes, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Yuri: Warrior {Lvl 4, 64xp} [14+2 Combat / 18 Defense / 35 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault, Rage. Special: Military, Heavy, Leadership] (Ward-16) Ring: Combat +2, Potion: Healing Ward
Wandereus: Warrior {Lvl 3, 26xp, 1 AP Banked} [6+1 Combat / 8 Defense / 36 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Military, Leadership, Regent] (Ward-16) Magic Sword: +1 Combat, Potion: Damage Ward (8), Potion: Revitalize (8) x2
Sto: Gobwin Tribal Leader {Level 1 Warrior, 0xp} [5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Military, Leadership, Natural Ally Tribal Leader]

Rolf: Warrior {Lvl 4, 62xp} [25 Combat / 16+2 Defense / 32 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault, Rage. Special: Military, Heavy, Well-Armed, Paragon, Berserker] (Ward-16) Potion: Healing Ward, Armor of Eckrich: Defense +2 and Mighty Blow/Interpose/Coordinate penalties are halved, Cloak: Negate Shockamancy
Brick Wall: Warrior {Lvl 2, 8xp} [9 Combat / 10 Defense / 34 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Military, Bodyguard, Heavy] (Ward-16) Cloak: Negate Assault/Strike
Donovan: Warrior {Level 2, 12xp} [8 Combat / 14 Defense / 29 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Military, Heavy, Beefy] (Ward-16)

Cupid: Flier {Lvl 4, 60xp} [20 Combat / 13+2 Defense / 20 Hits / 12 {18} Move. Fire, Quick-Shot. Special: Military, Fly, Heavy] (Ward-16) Ring: Defense +2, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)

William Showend Tell: Archer {Lvl 4, 59xp} [32+2 Combat / 6 Defense / 22 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire, Quick-Shot. Special: Military, Well Armed, Heavy, Paragon, Call the Shot] (Ward-16) Hazardous Bow of the Duke: Combat +2, Cloak: Negate Strike/Assault, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)

Dusk: Altruist Elf {Level 1, 0xp} [0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry] (Ward-16)
Twilight: Altruist Elf {Level 1, 0xp} [0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry] (Ward-16)

Tenebris:
Regus the Great: Spearman {Level 2, 7xp, [1 AP Unspent, 3 Combat Stats Unspent]} [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 16 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Military, Leadership] Throwing Spear: Requires Strike. Grants Fire (1 Charge) limited 8 square range
Rudy Eye: Archer {Level 2, 7xp} [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Military, Leadership] (Lesser Boost:2)

Zed-Too: Warrior {Level 1, 4xp} [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Military, Well-protected, Beefy, Skilled] (Lesser Boost:2)

Anex: Archer {Level 1, 4xp} [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Military, Well-Armed, Skilled] (Lesser Boost:2)

Melissa: Naughty Kitty {Level 2 Beast, 5xp} [9 Combat / 14 Defense / 28 Hits / 10 {12} Move. Assault. Special : Beast, Mount, Imprinted(Nemo)]

New Non-Garrison Non-Scout Units:
Dis City:
Archer 1: Archer {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Archer 2: Archer {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Archer 3: Archer {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Archer 4: Archer {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Archer 5: Archer {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Archer 6: Archer {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Archer 7: Archer {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)
Archer 8: Archer {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special : Military] (Ward-16)

Gobwin Artisan 1: Craftsman {Level 1, 0 XP} [1 Combat / 2 Defense / 6 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Fabricate.] (Ward-16)
Gobwin Artisan 2: Craftsman {Level 1, 0 XP} [1 Combat / 2 Defense / 6 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Fabricate.] (Ward-16)
Gobwin Artisan 3: Craftsman {Level 1, 0 XP} [1 Combat / 2 Defense / 6 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Fabricate.] (Ward-16)

Gobwin Spearman 1: Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 3 AP Banked} [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Military] (Ward-16)
Gobwin Spearman 2: Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 3 AP Banked} [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Military] (Ward-16)
Gobwin Spearman 3: Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 3 AP Banked} [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Special: Military] (Ward-16)

Steadycrow 1: Steadycrow [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Construct, Well-Protected] (Ward-16)
Steadycrow 2: Steadycrow [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Construct, Well-Protected] (Ward-16)
Steadycrow 3: Steadycrow [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Construct, Well-Protected] (Ward-16)
Scarycrow 1: Scarycrow [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Construct, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Scarycrow 2: Scarycrow [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Construct, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Scarycrow 3: Scarycrow [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Construct, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Scarycrow 4: Scarycrow [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Construct, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Scarycrow 5: Scarycrow [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Construct, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Scarycrow 6: Scarycrow [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Assault. Special: Construct, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)

Tenebris:
Bad Ass 1: Bad Ass {Level 1, 0 XP} [16 Combat / 18 Defense / 30 Hits / 14 {24} Move. Strike. Special : Flight, Beast, Mount]

Dis City in brief:
-7 Casters
-7 Warlords
-14 Warriors
-9 Lesser Golems
-11 Spearmen
-15 Archers
-9 Skeletal Archers
-2 Dark Fliers
-6 Naughty Kitties
-2 Heck Pups
-4 Brickabat Swarms
-2 Altruist Elves
-3 Craftsmen

Tenebris (accessible units only) in brief:
-2 Warlords
-1 Warrior
-1 Archer
-1 Naughty Kitty
-1 Bad Ass

Nnelg wrote:I suggest that we use our faster units (the Naughty Kitties, the Heck Pups, the Bad Ass, and the Balrug) to perform a recon-by-fire of Scarlet Hills. If it turns out to be as poorly defended as Logan's Run, taking it shouldn't be a problem.
If you can lay out a force distribution/pop plan that makes a solid assault group for each city without taking additional turns or entirely stripping our defenses, I would love to see it. I certainly don't have any objection to being this aggressive on principle.

Edit Log
1: Corrected special "Skeleton" to "Skeletal" for SA units. Removed "Military" special from golems. Shifted golems from "Regular Unit" to "New Unit" section.
2: Corrected hits on WL and WH units 21->18 and 21->22 respectively. Added Edit Log.
3: Corrected "Potion: Minor Ward" to "Potion: Damage Ward (8)"; "Potion: Revitalize" to "Potion: Revitalize (8)", "Scroll: Revitalize" to "Scroll: Revitalize (8)", "Scroll: Renew" to "Scroll: Revitalize (16)" in all instances. Removed "Scroll: Lucky Streak" from Bill as it was used. Added "Potion: Revitalize (32) x6" to Junetta.
Last edited by Exate on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Exate

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games