Darkness Rising v2.0 - 'Tenebris Unleashed' Campaign

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising v2.0 - 'Tenebris Unleashed' Campaign

Postby Nnelg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 am

MarbitChow wrote:In an attempt to start moving things forward, if popping orders for Tenebris and Dis City are not established for turns 10-12 within 48 hours, I'll pop

1 zed archer, 1 zed spearman, and 1 zed warrior
for every 4 UP the city produces each turn, and continue the turn results up to Turn 16.

Since nobody else has bothered to make a plan, I'm just going to issue the orders myself. Of course, Swodaems can overrule them at a moment's notice, but I'd rather not be stuck with the awful mixed bag of the default popping orders.

Spoiler: show
Turn 10 Dis City: 2x Covered Ram (It wouldn't hurt to have them, plus we don't have to give them a share of the Exp.)

Turn 11-13 Dis City: 2x Dark Flier (For a total of 6, refreshing our depleted air force.)

Turn 12-13 Tenebris: 2x Naugty Kitty (For a total of 4.)

Unless someone has a better idea, can we just go with this, please?

EDIT:
(I forgot the Gobwins.)

Including the Gobwins that Creeperum's popping in Tenebris...

Turn 12 Tenebris:
- 1x Garrison Spearman (Leader of Tenebris Gobwins, popped at Creeperum's request.)
- 16x Garrison Miners (To work the mines, popped at Creeperum's request.)
- 4x Garrison Artisans (So that we have units with Fabricate in Tenebris.)
- 1x Gobwin Spearman (Start of Gobwin Squad.)

Turn 13 Tenebris:
- 4x Gobwin Spearman (More of Gobwin Squad.)

Turn 12 Dis City:
- 2x Garrison Artisans (To serve as "Breeding Population".)
- 3x Gobwin Artisans (To follow the army around and Fabricate things as needed.)
- 1x Gobwin Spearman (Part of Gobwin Squad.)

Turn 14 Dis City:
- 2x Gobwin Spearman (Rest of Gobwin Squad.)

Spoiler: show
The current idea for the Gobwins is to form one Squad of Heavy Spearmen. If anyone wants the Gobwins for something else, say so now; but unless anyone has a specific plan in mind then I recommend that we pop these. We can always find something else to do with them later.

The 5 Gobwins popped in Tenebris will bank their AP at first, so that they can ride the Kitties to Logan's Run. (Anex and Zed2 will have to go on the mercenary mission, I'm afraid. It's probably for the best though, since they are alt PCs.) Sto can lead this Squad for now. The goal here is what Tod said: to form an elite core of our army. The Spearmen can get Exp from the battle, and Training from Tod will get them up to Level 2 in only a few short Turns.

Besides, Tod needs more Spearmen to train; the rate of leveling on the current batch has slowed rather significantly.
Last edited by Nnelg on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Nnelg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Oh, and since it appears that Regus will be going on the mercenary mission, I'm tentatively retracting my PC for that mission... I'll be back if I've got a better concept for it, though.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Regus is currently an NPC, and cannot be volunteered to go on the Merc mission. Player PCs cannot be put into any situations without their consent. Regus will remain at Tenebris until tigerusthegreat returns to control him.
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Regus is currently an NPC, and cannot be volunteered to go on the Merc mission. Player PCs cannot be put into any situations without their consent. Regus will remain at Tenebris until tigerusthegreat returns to control him.

Oh, nevermind then. I had presumed that the group would have gained control over him like any other NPC.

In that case, we'd better make sure that BLANDCorporatio and Werebiscuit are fine with ZedToo and Anex going merc'ing. Because the current plan will require the Balrug to get them to Logan's Run.

As for my prospective mercenary cavalry commander, he's still on the table... If I decide not to make him, we could at least send one of the level 2 NPCs with Leadership out with the mercenaries.

NOTE:
I realized what could be done with those last 2 UP at Tenebris Turn 12, so I added the order of 4 Garrison Gobwin Artisans to the Gobwin popping queue.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:38 pm

MarbitChow wrote:In an attempt to start moving things forward, if popping orders for Tenebris and Dis City are not established for turns 10-12 within 48 hours, I'll pop

1 zed archer, 1 zed spearman, and 1 zed warrior
for every 4 UP the city produces each turn, and continue the turn results up to Turn 16.

That, I believe, is not the default assumption based on previous talks that the players had. But the difference is minor: 1 zed archer, and 2 spearmen.

If we can make enough picks for the infantry, my guess is we do not need rams.

Dark Fliers, Naughty Kitties- no. Unless we immediately broker a cease-fire with the elves AND are guaranteed a stable supply of high value missions where troop composition is restricted (so it makes sense to send 'commando'-level toughies), I'd suggest we not rely on {strong-expensive-few} units.

Gobwin pop orders seem ok.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:57 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:That, I believe, is not the default assumption based on previous talks that the players had. But the difference is minor: 1 zed archer, and 2 spearmen.
You're correct. It's a penalty popping order. If the players do not provide a clear set of instructions based consensus, or based explicitly on the CW's orders, those are the units you get.
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:18 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Dark Fliers, Naughty Kitties- no. Unless we immediately broker a cease-fire with the elves AND are guaranteed a stable supply of high value missions where troop composition is restricted (so it makes sense to send 'commando'-level toughies), I'd suggest we not rely on {strong-expensive-few} units.

Feel free to suggest something better, then.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:49 pm

I just did.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:I just did.

Where? The "1 Archer, 2 Spearmen"?

Weren't you the one who made all those examples of how level 2 infantry can pile on bonus after bonus with Leadership and Combat Modifiers? :lol:

Oh, and I missed the mention of the rams...

Of course we don't need them to break down the doors. They're for providing cover from archery.

Take casualties from enemy archers, or take no casualties from enemy archers? The choice seems obvious to me. :P
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Nnelg wrote:Weren't you the one who made all those examples of how level 2 infantry can pile on bonus after bonus with Leadership and Combat Modifiers? :lol:

Doubt it. Link to the posts please.

Nnelg wrote:Of course we don't need them to break down the doors. They're for providing cover from archery.

Take casualties from enemy archers, or take no casualties from enemy archers? The choice seems obvious to me. :P

Yes, to me too. No rams. Or do you suppose we can use them to cover all the infantry? If lack of casualties is the argument for popping rams, then we don't pop rams.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Breech walls without casualties? Pop me a Bad Ass and watch as archers choose between cowering in cover or being fried en masse!
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:52 pm

If you don't like his popping decision orders, make an actual suggestion rather than just disagreeing. Cause disagreeing is useless if you aren't going to bother giving an alternative. Also, Marbit will probably go ahead and go through with those pop orders, so you're complaints will only continue.
CroverusRaven

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:54 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:If you don't like his popping decision orders, make an actual suggestion rather than just disagreeing. Cause disagreeing is useless if you aren't going to bother giving an alternative. Also, Marbit will probably go ahead and go through with those pop orders, so you're complaints will only continue.

To make sure we're on the same page, you talkin' to me?

Because pop order suggestions I did give.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:00 pm

A Bad Ass for Coil is not a bad idea, but can we pop one in time? 32UP ain't cheap. (PS- what are those numbers in paranthesis after the UP about?)

Also, at this point wouldn't a Naughty Kitty be enough? My feeling is that going for few but flashy units is not necessarily the best choice.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Edit: sry, was posting that before I saw any other siggestions

Editedit: And now reading it. YES! I am talking to you. You DID NOT make any suggestions. You simply agreed with his popping the gobwins.
CroverusRaven

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:10 pm

The number is the required city level I believe, and since Tenebris is a level 5 it could pop 1 in 2 turns. The number next to the UP is the required City level, and the Bad Ass has two both higher Def and the ability to fly, which grants it a (likely) +8 elevation bonus against archery, given that Logan's run is a level 1 it's likely that it is poorly defended and so Coil would likely be immune to any attempt to harm him.

Bland did make a suggestion, 2 Zed Spearman and 1 Zed Archer for every 4 UP
ETheBoyce

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:13 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:(PS- what are those numbers in paranthesis after the UP about?)
Minimum city level required to be able to pop that unit in a city. 80 UP (5) means it can only be popped in a Level 5 City.
MarbitChow

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:Bland did make a suggestion, 2 Zed Spearman and 1 Zed Archer for every 4 UP

See, I thought that was a suggestion to Marbit of what gets popped when we DON'T make regular orders. Not a replacement to Nnelg's popping suggestion
CroverusRaven

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks ETheBoyce, yes indeed the suggestion was plain to see. It was what an interpretation of the recent talks would suggest as our current baseline pop order (I did say warriors/spearmen, someone else said better just spearmen because of Tod's bonus- the arguments made sense).

So, two turns at Tenebris for a Bad Ass. Actually ... since units from there need to go to Dis City and thus spend some move, popping faster ones is ok. If Tenebris is adequately guarded, what do you guys think? If so, then sure, let's make a bomber that the elves will fear.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:29 pm

I shall rain lightning down upon them from the skies! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In other news-

Question: Can Grounding be cast outside of battle, as in can I cast it on my mount/our important units on off-turns like a ward?

In either event, since I'm waiting for Fortune to get to the city before I finish casting Ickyprons it might be necessary for the Mission 1 group to set out without the two of us and have us Balrug our way to a rendevous point, and at some point Fortune and I will need to return to Tenebris to Spell up that tower as well. Also, can only Archer hunt/forage/whatever if so we may want to pop a few more of them to insure some negated upkeep while we're out a-conquerin!
ETheBoyce

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games