Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Postby drachefly » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:44 pm

effataigus wrote:my third bet was the other way around. I'm betting Charlie was behind both... he's betting that Charlie was behind neither...

Fixed - sorry.
drachefly

Postby Nakedkali » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Drachefly mentioned this thread. So I get 100 quatloos? Are all open bets on the first post, or do I need to read through this whole thread?

I don't believe Parson will go through the portal this year, 2012. I will match any amount up to that 100qwith anyone who thinks that Parson will go through before 2013. If there are any bets already offered on this I will apply quatloos to them in a first posted order, and if I have any quatloos left, I will accept new bets.
Nakedkali

Postby Nnelg » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Well, I'll take the 100 slot of the new pool, then.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby bladestorm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Nakedkali wrote:Drachefly mentioned this thread. So I get 100 quatloos? Are all open bets on the first post, or do I need to read through this whole thread?

I don't believe Parson will go through the portal this year, 2012. I will match any amount up to that 100qwith anyone who thinks that Parson will go through before 2013. If there are any bets already offered on this I will apply quatloos to them in a first posted order, and if I have any quatloos left, I will accept new bets.

Probably only the last three pages are valid any more, and even that can be questionable. read the first post, then skip at least twelve pages and pick up reading there.

And we currently have a betting pool going on to guess which issue Parson emerges from the other side of the portal. That's covered on the first post, since it gets refreshed with each new update that keeps Parson in the Magick Kingdom.
bladestorm

Postby Nakedkali » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 am

OK I've gone back three pages, and the only related bet is by Nueadmin, who already has a taker.

I think that updates are sufficiently irregular, that I will not take part in that pool, which is based on update number.

My proposed bet is time-based only, with no commentary at all on what the number of the update or what kind of update it is.
Nakedkali

Postby mortissimus » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 am

Nakedkali wrote:Drachefly mentioned this thread. So I get 100 quatloos?

We all get a 100 quatloo limit upon joining, yes.

Nakedkali wrote:I don't believe Parson will go through the portal this year, 2012. I will match any amount up to that 100qwith anyone who thinks that Parson will go through before 2013. If there are any bets already offered on this I will apply quatloos to them in a first posted order, and if I have any quatloos left, I will accept new bets.

I have 20 quatloos left so I will put them up.

Hm, "go through" is potentially ambigious. Can we change it to "enter" so that we need not risk a pagebreak between entering and exiting the portal?

So I bet 20 quatloos on Parson entering the portal before first of January 2013 and you bet 20 quatloos on Parson not entering the portal before first of January 2013. Deal?
mortissimus

Postby drachefly » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 am

I'll take another 20q of that bet.
drachefly

Postby Nnelg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Nakedkali wrote:I don't believe Parson will go through the portal this year, 2012. I will match any amount up to that 100qwith anyone who thinks that Parson will go through before 2013. If there are any bets already offered on this I will apply quatloos to them in a first posted order, and if I have any quatloos left, I will accept new bets.

There's no need to put all your Quatloos in one basket!

I want to take this bet, but I don't want to take advantage of you, so I'll go an order of magnitude less than the last two guys and put up 2q on it.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Whispri » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 am

I'll put three Quatloos on that.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Nakedkali » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm fine with the "enter" stipulation, if everyone else who already has a claim on this bet agrees.

When I take your 2q we shall see who has advantage.

I count 45 so far, so there's 55 left.
Nakedkali

Postby effataigus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Nakedkali wrote:I'm fine with the "enter" stipulation, if everyone else who already has a claim on this bet agrees.

When I take your 2q we shall see who has advantage.

I count 45 so far, so there's 55 left.

I'll take five more!
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby C9H20 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Not sure if this is the proper thread, but it seems closest to "post random predictions" thread, so I'll go ahead and say:

What if Janis is Olive?

We know from multiple sources that natural Signamancy can change the appearance of a unit. Well, Olive seems intent on taking over the world and she is using her craft of Hippymancy to do it, perhaps she is even justifying it to herself as an attempt to end all war. What if after going through some humbling experiences she actually decides to do what she once was only pretending to do? At times I can see calculated manipulation from Janice, like what she is doing with Seymour, sure it can just be a coincidence as both women are hippymancer with an agenda and who use their craft to do so... but it can also be the remnants of her old personality. Also both of them, or just one if you agree with me ;) , are very powerful hippymancers, with Janis being the chief of all HMs in the magic kingdom, oh and we know nothing about her past. She is also keeping tight with predictamancers, I bet Olive learned a lesson or two about fate in her downfall, I have a personal hunch that only Marie knows her true past though nothing to substantiate it.

Going back to natural Signamancy it really fits in my opinion that the blond "bitch in sheep's clothing" Olive becomes a blond, fat (casting away her vanity and personal ambition), motherly looking figure as a visible form of her change of character and penance.

PS. Yeah I am a new guy, hello all, etc etc.
C9H20

Postby Nakedkali » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Hay thar, Nonane. This is the thread where we do Predictamancy for quatloos. There's another thread usually just above this one that's just for WAG predictions, or you could also go and post on one of the recent Reactions threads, since we've seen Branch in some recent episodes.
Nakedkali

Postby Nnelg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:59 pm

C9H20 wrote:Not sure if this is the proper thread, but it seems closest to "post random predictions" thread, so I'll go ahead and say:

What if Janis is Olive?
No, this is the wrong thread. Unless you want to back your prediction up with Quatloos. I'll offer 10q against, if you want. ;)
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby effataigus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Anyone want to join me in a Charlie-signamancy guessing pool... a 2 quatloo buy-in, winner-take-all, guess-off for Charlie's appearance (actual, not in thinkspace)? I'll judge if your guess is sufficiently specific (i.e. no saying "an erfling", but "a fat earthling that looks like a jester" is fine), unless I say otherwise, assume it's fine.

Long term pool of course.

e.g. Brain-in-a-jar, the Wizard-of-Oz, a tuna...

I'm in for Charles Xavier.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Nnelg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:17 pm

If you'll let me, I'd like to take "something unimpressive in every way imaginable".

I'd also like to place more specific bets on "A short bald guy" and "stereotypical teenage nerd" (glasses and bracers optional).
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby effataigus » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Nnelg wrote:If you'll let me, I'd like to take "something unimpressive in every way imaginable".

I'd also like to place more specific bets on "A short bald guy" and "stereotypical teenage nerd" (glasses and bracers optional).

Sounds good... as long as you are okay with Drachefly (or a yet to be determined impartial party) making the ruling on whether someone is indeed unimpressive/bald/stereotypically nerdy. If so, you've got 6 Q's in the pool, and 3 chances at getting it right.
effataigus

Postby Nnelg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Ok then. For reference, the "short bald guy" I was thinking of was somewhere between the man behind the curtain and Vizzini.

Hm... Maybe I should reclarify "bald" as "bald/balding".
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby drachefly » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:22 pm

My feeling is that this would be too likely be undecideable. I'd rather not.

And C9H2O... what.
drachefly

Postby mortissimus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:57 am

Nueamin wrote:
mortissimus wrote:
Nueamin wrote:I would like to bet 50 Quataloos that Parson enters the portal (to Jetstone) before December. Any takers?

Even odds? If so, I'm in.

So if before the 1st of December Parson has entered the portal you get 50Q from me.

If by the 1st of December Parson has not entered the portal I get 50Q from you.

Right?

Edit: spelling is hard.

Done and done. Riskiest bet I ever made

Parson not having entered the portal should make this bet settled then. Making me one of the richest betters in the thread (for now).
mortissimus

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld