Book 2 – Page 97

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 97

Postby balder » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:52 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 97

Postby Whispri » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:55 am

Aww man, I liked that Dwagon, it was a great brolly.

I'm a bit surprised at the complete lack of shooting in the Magick Kingdom.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby sheepfly » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:01 am

Now Parson is delaying his portal hop. Titans..

Oh, and look, guys! Sylvia got dismounted! And she didn't dust from the horrible deadly fall. Amazing!

These next few updates should be pretty exciting.
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:53 am

sheepfly wrote:Now Parson is delaying his portal hop. Titans..

Alas, their love could never be.

That's why we have fanfiction. Anyone care to write an extremely explicit, dirty Parson/Portal fic?

sheepfly wrote:Oh, and look, guys! Sylvia got dismounted! And she didn't dust from the horrible deadly fall. Amazing!

These next few updates should be pretty exciting.

Yes, there's at least the chaos of battle. Hard to say who has the upper hand- you'd think a Caster present would indicate who that is. Especially if said Caster gives bonuses to the main combat units, the Golems.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:08 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Alas, their love could never be.

That's why we have fanfiction. Anyone care to write an extremely explicit, dirty Parson/Portal fic?

Does this count?
Whispri

Postby Ryjak » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:30 am

So despite everything, it seems Parson will finally step through the Jetstone Portal next update and fulfil his Fate. I don't expect him to walk out the other side until Page 100, though, as it coincides directly with Christmas. No matter what happens, Page 100 is bound to be epic.

All that aside, I guess Parson has gotten too caught up in events to listen to his inner gamer and search for traps. He hasn't contacted his ground troops since Operation Harvest Drop was initiated, or consulted his Math/Prediction Bracer lately on how the battle is going. While he did get an update from Jack, an appreciable ammount of time has passed without any information on what he's about to walk into. I'd expect him to at least confirm the other end of the Portal is still secure.

I expect Slately will pull off Charlie's Gambit and shut down the portal with impeccable timing, and cut Parson off from all of his Casters and communications. This will throw him into the fire where he will have to do what any other Warlord would have to do; fight tactically instead of strategically. This will allow him to develop exactly how Maggie said he needs to, and probably level at least once. I also expect him to be wounded in some way, which will reveal exactly how much Parson has attuned to Erfworld.

The only question I have is: will Parson bleed, or not?
Ryjak

Postby StClair » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:38 am

"Did you hear us fightin'?"
"No."
"TRAAAAAAP."
StClair

Postby Nakedkali » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:58 am

What is meant by B.C. that our zatanna-alike is saying?

I'm thinking that Parson still won't be through that portal before 2013, issue 100 being a nice round Christmas number or not.

Now Fakely gets a y'majesty?

Alas, our pyromaniac warlord on scene has allowed herself to be distracted, twice. She'd be better in the walls, and Archer out in the field where he can shoot any target he can see.
Nakedkali

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 am

Whispri wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:Alas, their love could never be.

Does this count?

It's a start, but it needs to be longer, harder and rougher.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby shamelessmerc » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 am

sheepfly wrote:Oh, and look, guys! Sylvia got dismounted! And she didn't dust from the horrible deadly fall. Amazing!

Y'know, I know you think you're being sarcastic, but you raised a good point:

Getting KNOCKED off a mount is one of those situations where you have a huge real-life chance of incapacitation or death - it counts as one of those "crazy" in-game situations where you might be croaked from a 3 foot fall. (http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -06-12.jpg)

This is overanalyzing, but the detail in the panels might be important because there are three things that could be happening in panels 11 and 12 -

1) Sylvia dismounts voluntarily when her mount is hit (her legs appear to be on the same side of the dwagon, as if she were jumping down; could just be trick of perspective)

2) Sylvia has been "dismounted" by either the impact or her mount croaking

3) Rule of Funny - the mount dusts beneath her, dropping her to the ground (might count as a dismount, or might not)

BTW - when I first saw panel 11, my first thought was that the Sylvia-haters had got their wish and that she had died in an unceremonious Montey Python style "SQUISH". And it was funny.
shamelessmerc

Postby rag rug » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:01 am

Hi there.
Did someone already think about the current stroyline vs. summer update #29 http://www.erfworld.com/summer-update-2009-archive/?px=%2FE029_JoeZuniga_DrunkTime.jpg ?
How can we have a race for the portal when time is relative for the observers in two different locations?

"Hooooly crap," said Parson, rubbing his forehead. "No wonder I never see a clock around here. You're saying I could walk two hexes...well, if I could move out of the city...I could walk two hexes and think an hour has passed, and you watch me and you think...like, a minute has?"

"Of course! Exactly. How else could you scout?"

I tried to figure it out but got cramps in my brain.
rag rug

Postby Sojiko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 am

Hey! He might actually go through that portal before next year!

And then things will start to pick up once again. I wanna see the Lord Hamstard in action.
Sojiko

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:36 am

rag rug wrote:Did someone already think about the current stroyline vs. summer update #29 http://www.erfworld.com/summer-update-2009-archive/?px=%2FE029_JoeZuniga_DrunkTime.jpg ? I tried to figure it out but got cramps in my brain.
Events only have to resolve in the right order. It doesn't matter how fast or slow Slately gets to the portal room. Since he's going to close it after Parson comes through, the amount of time Parson spends before he crosses doesn't matter. Similarly, the amount of time Slately spends getting to the Throne Room doesn't matter. Only the following needs to be resolved:

1) Does Slately reach the portal room? (Let's assume Yes.)
2) Does Parson pass through the portal? (Again, Yes.)

In order to sync time, the amount of time that passes between each of these events is irrelevant. Each hex plays out independently until both answers are resolved. Once both answers are known, the two hexes resync in the proper order - Parson steps through, and Slately immediately closes the portal by switching capitals.
MarbitChow

Postby rag rug » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:46 am

So it's just a schroedinger's portal that may or may not close before Parson can reach it?
rag rug

Postby frei » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:15 am

Nakedkali wrote:What is meant by B.C. that our zatanna-alike is saying?

Be cool?
frei

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 am

rag rug wrote:So it's just a schroedinger's portal that may or may not close before Parson can reach it?
No, it *can't* close before Parson reaches it. Slately won't close it until Parson steps through. If Slately doesn't reach the throne room, the portal can't close. If Parson never steps through, Slately doesn't close it. As soon as Parson steps through, Slately immediately closes it (if he's there), or the portal remains open until the city falls.

Because the only condition in which the Portal closes is that both Parson steps through AND Slately reaches the throne, the two hexes can sync up after both outcomes are determined. Because Parson can immediately turn around and leave if Slately still heading to the Throne Room, Slately's success or failure HAS to be determined before Parson steps through.

The amount of time that each of these actions take doesn't matter. Slately could spend HOURS fighting to the throne room. Parson could have immediately crossed the portal without being stopped. But in order to sync these two events, Slately has to reach the throne (if he's going to) before Parson crosses, so Erfworld forces the events to take place in the "right" order. Slately gets as much time as he needs, and Parson crosses over moments after Slately is either croaked or sits down on the Throne. Either (croak or sit down) is enough to make it so no contradictions can occur once Parson crosses over.
MarbitChow

Postby rag rug » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:53 am

I think Slately has no other option than changing the capital to Jetstone City before Sylvia knocks down the garrison.
If he is fast enough to reach the throne room, he can wait for Parson but his time is limited because of the attacks in this hex.
So everything is possible, even narrative unlikely events like:
- The garrison falls before Parson went through the portal. The site of Jetsone falls, the portal vanishes.
- Slately reaches the throne and changes the capital before Parson went through the portal. That could lead to Parson beeing allone in Jetstone City.
Last edited by rag rug on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
rag rug

Postby joosy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:04 am

Damn your crappy aim, Cloth Golem! You dusted the wrong "red"!
joosy

Postby rag rug » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 am

I especially like that "CRiT" sound effect.
rag rug

Postby Lamech » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 am

Oh mi, bad luck Red. Perhaps fate is getting back at you for needing to save your stupid ass repeatedly.
Lamech

Next

Return to Reactions