Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World

Postby LTDave » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:57 am

Sorry, Colonel - I had processed before you posted orders, and your orders could not be retconned in without fundamentally altering the nature of reality, which I can only do on Thursdays. Sorry again.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:58 am

Turn 8
Actions: . . .
M2 Choppy Waits to stack then attack greenskin (7 hits inflicted - Creature Cwoaked, 3 hits received), chops bush

M3 "Rod" will stack for combat with green creature (already cwoaked), eat, loot/examine corpse (M3 finds a small golden key - the corpse lies at the foot of the pile of stones, no wounds, no starvation - the Marbit is missing a leg, but that seems to have been a pre-existing condition...) and tame marpony (the Marpony is quite tame, and is happy to have a Marbit to follow).

M6 "Monk" Will start exercising by running laps in his current hex (this has no effect, so the GM decides that M6 will eat instead), then move NorthWest(x2), then offer all the leaves he's carrying to the Vicious Foodbeast (the vicious foodbeast is delighted with the leaves, and starts following M6 around, nudging him).

M15 'Try more' Orders Harvest Mushroom, eat Mushroom, Rest, Look for Rock tool.

Random V will gather food, eat, and try to befriend MarPony (already befriended by M3, the pony glares at M14 and threatens to bite him).

M10 makes a shield then finishes. Then he will try to scoop up the armor off the dead marbit.

M1 Eats and Sings.

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 1 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "Rod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 3, Defence 4, Hits 5 /5, Move 5, Level 2
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 5 /5, Move 4, Level 1
M14 "Random V" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M15 "Try More" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M16 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide
Armour Armour, +2 Defence Found Item
Shield Armour, +1 Defence Costs 1 Wood
Back Pack Carries up to 6 small things Costs Hide

Pop Queue
None

Turn 9 Starts Now. 24 hours to post orders (or sooner if all players respond sooner).

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:

Green Creatures are Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 6, Move 8.
The Vicious Food Beat is Combat 2, Defence 6, Hits 8, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby Swodaems » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:10 am

Does the Marpony have stats?
Shouldn't there be 3 gems in M6's hex? There were 3 earlier. 2 on the ground (by me and m6), and one in my hand which I later dropped.

O dear, judging by glow in M6's hex and the position of the corpses, the large stone pile are blood alters. And they're randomly croaking anything that gets too close to them by sucking the life force out of them.

Or possibly they are gem eating alters, that explains the missing gem.
Swodaems

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:31 am

OOC How many actions would it take for me to gather the two gemstones and the piece of lumber?
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 am

One action to pick up the gems, another for the lumber.

Also, I hate to nitpick, but if it is a noun, it is an Altar. If it is a verb, then it is alter.

It's the same in other threads, with people spelling Capital as Capitol. It really bugs me.
LTDave

Postby Lamech » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:32 am

M6 don't let those shoes depop!

M15 One more try Orders

Eat Meat , Rest, Harvest Wood, Attempt to mine a basement for the hut
Lamech

Postby Lamech » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:34 am

CroverusRaven wrote:OOC How many actions would it take for me to gather the two gemstones and the piece of lumber?

Get the shoes too! The shoes man, the shoes! Two marbits have died to make those things. Wear them, be taller!

Also I think its one action for any number of items so the shoes can be included at no cost to you.
Last edited by Lamech on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:40 am

Monk strokes the foodbeast that has taken a liking to him and smiles. "I will call you Shelby. Come, we need to go see if we can activate the other Altars."

Collect gems, Equip shoes, Go SouthEast(x2), Meditate at Altar offering up a gem as sacrifice. Hopefully Shelby will simply follow me SouthEast and can start munching on the bush leaves.
CroverusRaven

Postby KF25 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:07 am

Random V makes sword(X2).
KF25

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 am

M10 eats picks up a unit of food droping his axe. He then moves east
WhirdCheese

Postby The Colonel » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:17 pm

M1 moved North West didn't he?

Ah well, Eat, move north west, Stack up with all marbits in area.
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:52 pm

M3 "Rod" will search small rock pile for gem, Offer gem as sacrifice to the right altar in his current hex, Grab (but not eat) meat, and attempt to mount Marpony.

Here's hoping I don't get bit in the crotch.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:46 am

M2 Choppy will eat, tend to wounds make backpack from greenskin and then rest
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 am

Time's up. Processing now.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Sorry - got distracted.

Turn 9
Actions: . . .

M15 One more try Orders Eat Meat , Rest, Harvest Wood (takes two actions - incorrect tool)

M6 Collect gems, Equip shoes (M6 feels taller), Go SouthEast(x2), Meditate at Altar offering up a gem as sacrifice. Hopefully Shelby will simply follow me SouthEast and can start munching on the bush leaves.

Random V makes sword(X2) (from what? You have no Ore, and no forge).

M10 eats picks up a unit of food droping his axe. He then moves east

M1 Ah well, Eat, move north west, Stack up with all marbits in area.

M3 "Rod" will search small rock pile for gem, Offer gem as sacrifice to the right altar in his current hex, Grab (but not eat) meat, and attempt to mount Marpony.

M2 Choppy will eat, tend to wounds make backpack from greenskin and then rest

M16 eats and sings - no food - starves

Unit Status
Name
M1 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "Rod" (Swodaems) Combat 3, Defence 3, Hits 5 /5, Move 5, Level 2
Marpony Combat +1, Defence +1, Hits +3 /3, Move +2, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 4, Defence 5, Hits 6 /6, Move 6, Level 3
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 5 /5, Move 4, Level 1
M14 "Random V" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M15 "Try More" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M16 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M17 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide
Armour Armour, +2 Defence Found Item
Shield Armour, +1 Defence Costs 1 Wood
Back Pack Carries up to 6 small things Costs Hide

Pop Queue
None

Turn 10 Starts Now. 24 hours to post orders (or sooner if all players respond sooner).

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:

Green Creatures are Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 6, Move 8.
The Vicious Food Beat is Combat 2, Defence 6, Hits 8, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby KF25 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:41 pm

LTDave wrote:(from what? You have no Ore, and no forge).

Wood.
KF25

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:07 pm

M10 moves further East
WhirdCheese

Postby Lamech » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Do shoes appear to do anything?
Last edited by Lamech on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamech

Postby Lamech » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm

\M15 'One more Try' Orders
Order M16 to [b]Spend the whole Turn Gathering mushrooms,

Order M17 to roast Mushrooms, Gather Leaves, Gather Mushroom. Try and roast mushrooms using leaves as a fuel source.
Eat, Try and start mining out a basement in the hut*3 However, if that appears impossible train*3

It occurs to me that we might be able to make a fire from leaves, so I recommend against chopping the last bush down. Also I am killing the NPCs. We aren't going to letthem eat our food.\
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 pm

"I'm heading northeast, who will follow me to victory?"

Edit: Never mind, just noticed that M15-17 are already busy. I was gonna take the NPCs with me to use them as meatshields. Can the guys in the hex NW of the base hex hear me if I shout to them?
CroverusRaven

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games