Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) 052

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) 052

Postby Radagast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:53 pm

This is definitely one of those funny updates that are awesome in the long run but in the short term leave more questions than answers!

Another interesting thing - a unit can promote to Ruler even while a prisoner. So this maybe adds more to the previous discussions about whether or not Wanda is still an "heir" - she may in fact still be a "ruler" type unit, even if she is on another side at the time.
Radagast

Postby Steve-D » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:09 pm

Radagast wrote:Another interesting thing - a unit can promote to Ruler even while a prisoner. So this maybe adds more to the previous discussions about whether or not Wanda is still an "heir" - she may in fact still be a "ruler" type unit, even if she is on another side at the time.

I think it must do.

When Wanda decrypted Asomer, he became a Gobwin Knob unit, yet retained some connection to his royal linage as Parson suggested the entire side might turn if the King was killed.
Steve-D

Postby Shai_hulud » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:03 pm

So Jillian saw a future event , and now she's seeing higher dimensional "hexes" and matrix code. Is she... temporarily gaining Hocus Pocus senses?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Tathar » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Radagast wrote:This is definitely one of those funny updates that are awesome in the long run but in the short term leave more questions than answers!

Another interesting thing - a unit can promote to Ruler even while a prisoner. So this maybe adds more to the previous discussions about whether or not Wanda is still an "heir" - she may in fact still be a "ruler" type unit, even if she is on another side at the time.

By that logic, Wanda would still be a "ruler" type unit in GK.
Beeskee wrote:I was reluctant to assume Charlie was the Wizard, since it seems like if a butterfly farts in an unmapped hex, we're all ready to assume it's somehow part of Charlie's grand schemes to control the wind or whatever.
Tathar
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Tathar wrote:
Radagast wrote:This is definitely one of those funny updates that are awesome in the long run but in the short term leave more questions than answers!

By that logic, Wanda would still be a "ruler" type unit in GK.

Indeed, this is going to become important soon back in the comic proper I suspect. Also that rulers can belong to another side. Or does capturing a ruler turn the whole side?
Lamech

Postby 0beron » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Hmmmm lots of heavy stuff.

I'm interested by what the crown of thorns actually does mechanically speaking, since it must be some kind of magic item like the flowers.

As for the Ruler bit, I think people are reading into it too much in the sense of extrapolating things about Wanda and the like. Jillian simply means that if Banhammer had croaked, she would have noticed becoming a Ruler. What this does tell us however is that a Side's hierarchy remains in place even if they lose all their cities.

This update also showed us a great deal about the relationship between Olive and Wanda....I don't think they ever had the lovey dovey relationship Wanda hoped for when Olive was flirting with her.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Radagast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:24 pm

0beron wrote:Hmmmm lots of heavy stuff.

I'm interested by what the crown of thorns actually does mechanically speaking, since it must be some kind of magic item like the flowers.

As for the Ruler bit, I think people are reading into it too much in the sense of extrapolating things about Wanda and the like. Jillian simply means that if Banhammer had croaked, she would have noticed becoming a Ruler. What this does tell us however is that a Side's hierarchy remains in place even if they lose all their cities.

This update also showed us a great deal about the relationship between Olive and Wanda....I don't think they ever had the lovey dovey relationship Wanda hoped for when Olive was flirting with her.

The crown could just be a major "causes headache" item... I mean like mega suffering.

Considering that Olive killed the OTHER Firebaugh she had been flirting with... first, I would not be surprised if they never had a lovey-dovey relationship. Second, Wanda probably wouldn't have been interesting, and we do have hints that Wanda's Turning was painful and long.
Radagast

Postby 0beron » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Radagast wrote:Considering that Olive killed the OTHER Firebaugh she had been flirting with... first, I would not be surprised if they never had a lovey-dovey relationship. Second, Wanda probably wouldn't have been interesting, and we do have hints that Wanda's Turning was painful and long.

All good points. I think even after Tommy though, Wanda may have been hoping that finally something good would happen. Hoping totally in vain....but she used to have an optimistic side, so I could understand it.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby name lips » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Radagast wrote:
0beron wrote:The crown could just be a major "causes headache" item... I mean like mega suffering.

Parson: Do you have a spell for headaches?
name lips

Postby 0beron » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 pm

I think you left in one too many quotations there Name lips, cus I didn't say that, Rad did in response to my comment.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Hmm.... gonna have to re-read some previous posts for verification. I do not recall if Jillian razed Goodminton, or just claimed it and left. If she just left it, then Faq as a side would have had Faq, Otoh, Kibo, and Goodminton as cities, which should be something that would show up in a Ruler's senses. I also don't recall her sending out coordinates for them to move to before she was captured. I'm also gonna have to look up whether it was specified that Stanley attacked the city of Faq, or just the Side of Faq.

It could be that Jillian sent back the coords for Goodminton, and the entire side resettled there. Wanda... lots of messiness there if that is the case.
bladestorm

Postby No one in particular » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:11 am

Jillian sacking Goodminton:
"The city I am sacking now will provide the necessary funds." — IPTSF 48

Re: Coordinates
"We will rendezvous at coordinates I will specify later."— IPTSF 48, shortly before getting captured by Olive.

Stanley vs Faq:
""The King of Faq himself," grinned Stanley. "Yeah. It's pretty much over at that point, when you're fighting your own uncroaked ruler, haha! I mean they had an heir somewhere, but he was out in the field somewhere, out of the battlespace. Plus...their Foolamancer wasn't even in the capital. Wanda arranged that, too. We captured him when we razed their other two cities."— LIAB Text 27, describing the attack on Faq the city.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby the_tick_rules » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:28 am

That's one evil hippie.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby heyduck » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:33 am

I think the court is actually on their way to (or near) the Haffaton capital just as Jillian said to it will probably be a slow travel since they probably have low move flyers and have to forage now that the treasury's gone.
heyduck

Postby Arky » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:37 am

Well, well. Olive isn't as serenely in control of everything as it looks. To burn an asset like Wanda because of an I-told-you-so is, well, Stanley-ish. Something has gone seriously wrong for Olive other than just not having finished off FAQ yet.

I Predict that, rather than go south to Transylvito, King Banhammer and FAQ's military have followed a prediction or some other piece of intelligence (lookamancy?) and are about to launch a decapitation strike on the Haffaton capital the way Jillian planned all along.

This bald jester in Jillan's head thing seems to be way too sensible to just be a hallucination. I'm not convinced that even undrugged Jillian would think like that.
Arky

Postby ftl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:41 am

Hard to say where the armada is. It probably evacuated to the northwest like stated, but where to after that? They don't know where Haffaton's capital is.

Maybe they went to Goodminton (which Haffaton would never bother rebuilding, of course). Maybe a lookamancer will help them find Haffaton and take it.

BTW, I think if turning is important to Haffaton, that may also be how they subsisted for so long with such a huge empire - they turn and capture lots of units!
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Refstg » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 am

No one in particular wrote:Stanley vs Faq:
""The King of Faq himself," grinned Stanley. "Yeah. It's pretty much over at that point, when you're fighting your own uncroaked ruler, haha! I mean they had an heir somewhere, but he was out in the field somewhere, out of the battlespace. Plus...their Foolamancer wasn't even in the capital. Wanda arranged that, too. We captured him when we razed their other two cities."— LIAB Text 27, describing the attack on Faq the city.

"Their foolamancer wasn't even in the capital."

There's a jester that keeps telling Jillian what she should be doing, and gives her a very nice piece of information in this update.
What's another name for a Jester?
Refstg

Postby Mogster2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:36 am

Shai_hulud wrote:So Jillian saw a future event , and now she's seeing higher dimensional "hexes" and matrix code. Is she... temporarily gaining Hocus Pocus senses?

I dunno. I thought it was just a side effect of the powerful Hippiemancy used on her, akin to an acid trip or something. Seeing the boundaries between Reality and Unreality...

Eva wrote:Wanda was right about how Jillian would not turn.

Olive will regret throwing the two of them together. Now is when they can join forces.

Also, I thought Tina was the name of the turnamancer Jillian used later herself....

Wasn't it "Vanna"? Not certain about the name, but she didn't look a bit like Tina Turner.

Also, why does Olive say she hopes Wanda will "put you (Jillian) out of my (Olive's) misery"? It's like she needs to control Jillian and/or Wanda at least as badly as they need the flowers. Right now, Life is definitely not conquering all. Death is still resisting.
Mogster2

Postby Sojiko » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:45 am

This Olive is definitely not a nice person ...
Sojiko

Postby Avic » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:37 am

Mogster2 wrote:Also, why does Olive say she hopes Wanda will "put you (Jillian) out of my (Olive's) misery"?

Pretty sure she's still talking to Wanda, and saying she hopes Jillian will get up and "put you(Wanda) out of my misery".
Avic

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions