Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) 052

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) 052

Postby balder » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:11 pm

New one is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) 052

Postby Whispri » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:17 pm

Okay, now Olive's shown her evil, up 'til this point she'd just fought enemies in her own flowery way. Poor Wanda :(

And Haffaton's destroyed Faq as was predicted.

I'm guessing she doesn't like something about Fate.

Likely that whatever it is Wanda's fated to do, it won't be for Haffaton and it won't be for her.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Well Olive turned scary fast. So what was Wanda right about? And who is Tina? I'm guessing someone to make Jills turn. Probably a turnamancer. Also Wanda was right
Note:
Wanda wrote: Her posture was slumped, defeated. “Although...she hasn’t yet—”

This makes me think that Wanda believed Jillian would fail to provide useful info. Which means Olive knows the trickery.

Also Fifth Element Reference FTW!
Lamech

Postby No one in particular » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Ah ah ah~! Faq hasn't quite been destroyed! The Cities have been captured, but the Court still lives and had gone on the run. This sounds like loop-hole predictamancy, to me. :p

And the fat jester was Jillian's mental Banhammer, eh? Huh!
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Kaed » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:51 pm

Tina was a turnamancer that Haffaton lost, and Olive thinks she can accomplish the same with her hippymancy drugs. Tina probably made the glass coffin that Wanda used.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:52 pm

I laughed when I saw Xin's artwork. Jesus' and Leeloo's attire makes for some extra-heavy Savior foreshadowing.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Zeromedeiros » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:53 pm

The Matrix on Jill's dreams *_*

BTW...I think faq went down to the magic kingdom! [EDIT]or we're looking at a marvelous display of foolamancy![/edit]

Dame Branch is EVIL, indeed...but she is destined to fall, I so predict. And since Jillian hasn't turned...Wanda will!
Zeromedeiros

Postby Zeromedeiros » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:57 pm

By the way...Tina is a Turnmancer for sure...

And I bet my hair she looks like Tina 'TURN'er!
Zeromedeiros

Postby Steve-D » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:00 pm

I guess this explains the little pink flower on the skull in Wanda's crest.

Is she all skeletal due to substance abuse, then?
Steve-D

Postby Tathar » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 pm

MarbitChow wrote:I laughed when I saw Xin's artwork. Jesus' and Leeloo's attire makes for some extra-heavy Savior foreshadowing.

If anyone can dig up the post I made long ago about Wanda being Erfworld's Jesus, it would come in handy right now.
Beeskee wrote:I was reluctant to assume Charlie was the Wizard, since it seems like if a butterfly farts in an unmapped hex, we're all ready to assume it's somehow part of Charlie's grand schemes to control the wind or whatever.
Tathar
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Morni » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:36 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2844&start=140

and then search for : [Also, Wanda is Jesus.]

Google is your friend

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F% ... +jesus&l=1

ps: i just love using lmgtfy whenever i can

pps: the google filter "site:www.erfworld.com" isn't something that's widely know but extremely powerful
Morni

Postby Morni » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:37 pm

another freaky thing.. you make that comment an a text update 52.. and this is another text update 52
Morni

Postby junovalkyrie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Steve-D wrote:I guess this explains the little pink flower on the skull in Wanda's crest.

I assume it's a combination of that and natural signamancy. She witnessed the destruction of everything she loved, likely blames herself for it, and now is forced to work in the interests of the the ones who actually did the deed (or at least, were largely responsible for it). And now she serves a complete monster who keeps her in check with a powerful addiction. She is a shadow of the powerful woman she once saw when she looked in the mirror.

Even in the real world, that would have a marked effect on most people's physical appearance and the way they hold themselves. From what we've been told of signamancy in Erfworld, I'd imagine that it's even more noticeable there.
junovalkyrie

Postby Eva » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Wanda was right about how Jillian would not turn.

Olive will regret throwing the two of them together. Now is when they can join forces.

Also, I thought Tina was the name of the turnamancer Jillian used later herself....
Eva

Postby Radagast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:14 pm

I already thought that the jester was Charlie. I think it's even more obvious now. Similar dramatic flair.

Definitely has to be Tina Turner...

The "damage" that Jillian has done... somehow I don't think they care all that much about one level 2 city and a few units. The damage is most like related to Wanda - perhaps razing Goodminton reminded Wanda of certain things and made her less loyal?
Radagast

Postby youngstormlord » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:15 pm

junovalkyrie wrote:
Steve-D wrote:I guess this explains the little pink flower on the skull in Wanda's crest.

I assume it's a combination of that and natural signamancy. She witnessed the destruction of everything she loved, likely blames herself for it, and now is forced to work in the interests of the the ones who actually did the deed (or at least, were largely responsible for it). And now she serves a complete monster who keeps her in check with a powerful addiction. She is a shadow of the powerful woman she once saw when she looked in the mirror.

Even in the real world, that would have a marked effect on most people's physical appearance and the way they hold themselves. From what we've been told of signamancy in Erfworld, I'd imagine that it's even more noticeable there.

That would be my guess as well. Awesome update! And the thing is, torture can only get you that far... Olive had just put Jill, Wanda and Judy together at the same place at the same time. Pissed off, tortured Wanda, by the way. And Jill has a flower that can make all the pain go away... And a jester in her head (be it Charlie or anthropomorphic personification of her duty) that can make smart plans and croak Judy...

Bad move, Olive. Really bad move.

Radagast wrote:I already thought that the jester was Charlie. I think it's even more obvious now. Similar dramatic flair.

Definitely has to be Tina Turner...

The "damage" that Jillian has done... somehow I don't think they care all that much about one level 2 city and a few units. The damage is most like related to Wanda - perhaps razing Goodminton reminded Wanda of certain things and made her less loyal?

Or maybe, the damage is the Turnamancy sarcophagus that Jill destroyed. Without Turnamancer to make another one, no more turning units, so Olive has to work a lot more than she used to have to while it was whole.
Last edited by youngstormlord on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Eva » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:16 pm

And also -- it's "love conquers all", not "life conquers all". I bet Olive will learn that soon!
Eva

Postby Whispri » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:44 pm

If Jillian's been wearing those flowers for a long time, Translyvito may be gone (Side's can be reborn after all). Maybe that was what gave her away?

junovalkyrie wrote:

There's something else to consider, all the killing she's had to do, all those Side's destroyed. Few of them will have been enemies of Goodminton.

Eva wrote:And also -- it's "love conquers all", not "life conquers all". I bet Olive will learn that soon!

It's Croakamancy that's done most of Haffaton's conquering according to the stories. Perhaps Olive's bitter?
Whispri

Postby Morni » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:57 pm

or they never found out where FAQ was.. they made her beleive that FAQ was destroy.. then they could extrapolate the location of FAQ by knowing they would move south to transylvino side.... aka faq is north of TV
Morni

Postby Orzel » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:17 pm

I think I know why Olive is so mad now.

The Haffaton strategy doesn't wok any more.
Olive has probably been using magic to capture, turn, and kill the Chief Casters and Chief Warlord of enemy sides. Then the side has been using magic as a supplement for units used to defend and cities. Olive then probably disposes of turned warlords in battle and casters after they make items, in order to keep upkeep low.

And Jillian has not only kept Wanda with her for several turns, keeping all battle worthy Uncroaked nearby. She broke the turning item.

And Olive is probably mad at Wanda as they most likely lost a lot of unled Uncroaked taking Faq.
Orzel

Next

Return to Reactions