Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:52 am

LTDave wrote:Turn 5
Actions: . . .
M2 "Choppy" equip axe, make armour x2, rest.

Unit Status [spoiler]Name
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide

Shouldn't Choppy's defence status be 3 as he apparently made hide armour from the green creature and he and Monk both now appear to be wearing armour ? Or is the 3 defence status due to some other action of Monk ?
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:00 am

The Colonel wrote:
Things to Note:
A new Green Creature has popped in the home hex.

Sorry - copy and paste error.

Same with Choppy's defence number.

Should be fixed now.
LTDave

Postby The Colonel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:38 am

M1 gathers wood and roasts the mushroom before eating it.
The Colonel

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:40 am

OOC So.... we have a wounded vicious food beast. The question is do we stack up and attack or do we wait till another green creature pops to use as a food source.

comparing the 2 green creature combat 2 def 4 hits 6/6 vicious food beast combat 2 def 6 hits 5/8/. Its got better def but lesser hits
our stack combat 14 based on 2 per marbit ( 2 x3)+ 3 sword +2 spear +1 axe +2 for a stack of 3 . Def 8 based on 2 per marbit +2 x armour ( 2x3 + 2)
So we should easily kill it
or do we ignore it ?

The fact that we've still got M8's body intrigues me..... I may try feeding him a meat ration to see if it brings him around
We also need to move on and build a shelter (Hut). /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Lamech » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Can I get back on the pop list? S I can avoid the follies of my misdirecting marbits with a second go of it?
Lamech

Postby Swodaems » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:09 pm

M3 "Rod" will Eat, Tame vicious food beast with leaves, Mount Vicious food beast, and chop wood.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:31 pm

M2 "Choppy" will chop wood, try to feed M8 a piece of meat and eat a piece himself and tend top any wounds on M8.
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm

M6 "Monk" will finish making the backpack, eat some meat until he isn't hungry anymore, then gather more leaves, offer the piles of leaves to the Food Beast.
CroverusRaven

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:25 pm

M10 moves Northwest moves northwest eats then cuts down a bush
Last edited by WhirdCheese on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhirdCheese

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:42 am

OOC That's going to be one confused vicious food beast, being mounted, fed leaves AND attacked ? Sex, food and danger ? :lol: Wonder how it's brain will cope...

I'm not sure what you expect to get from attacking it alone WhirdCheese....apart from a new marbit :twisted: /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:28 am

Yea, no one else is going to help you attack it. Personally, taming tough beasts like this then harvesting them for food would be a lot safer. In the comic, they clearly state that any Beast creature can simply be harvested for rations. It isn't even combat.
CroverusRaven

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC That's going to be one confused vicious food beast, being mounted, fed leaves AND attacked ? Sex, food and danger ? :lol: Wonder how it's brain will cope...
[...]

It will obviously eatshootsandleaves
WhirdCheese

Postby LTDave » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Sorry team - I have the dreaded lurgy and can't concentrate enough to process.

Give me another 24.
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:40 am

WhirdCheese wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:OOC That's going to be one confused vicious food beast, being mounted, fed leaves AND attacked ? Sex, food and danger ? :lol: Wonder how it's brain will cope...
[...]

It will obviously eatshootsandleaves

Where was the Ba-da boom, tissshhh ?

Thank you. We're here all thread. Please remember to tip your gamesmaster. ;) :mrgreen:
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:47 am

Turn 6
Actions: . . .
M1 gathers wood and roasts the mushroom before eating it - M1 manages to roast 4 mushflesh with one wood - turning the 4 flesh into 'ersatz' meat
M3 "Rod" will Eat, Tame vicious food beast with leaves (the beast smells the leaves suspiciously, eats them, and then walks over to a bush and starts eating. The beast seems upset as the bushes are chopped down. The beast is not tamed), Mount Vicious food beast (attempts to mount the beast are unsuccessful), and chop wood (how were you hoping to do this while mounted?)
M2 "Choppy" will chop wood, try to feed M8 a piece of meat (the attempt fails - M8 is quite cwoaked - and yet has no wounds, and has not died of starvation. What the? A Mystery!) and eat a piece himself and tend to any wounds on M8 (There are no wounds - M8 has simply died - but of what? dun dun Dun!)
M6 "Monk" will finish making the backpack, eat some meat until he isn't hungry anymore (one is enough), then gather more leaves (all the bushes in this hex have been cut down - no leaves to harvest!), offer the piles of leaves to the Food Beast. (The Food beast eats all the leaves with relish)
M10 moves Northwest moves northwest eats then cuts down a bush (there are no bushes left)
M11 eats the ersatz meat, then sings rude lyrics to "My Bare Lady" - but didn't rest, so cwoaks.
M13 eats the ersatz meat, then sings rude lyrics to "22nd Streak"

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "Rod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 1, Hits 4 /5, Move 4, Level 1
M11 (HerbieRai) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M13 (Exate) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M14 (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide
Back Pack Carries up to 6 small things Costs Hide

Pop Queue
Lamech - but post some orders for M13 - if Exate doesn't post orders, you can take over this Marbit.

Turn 7 Starts Now. 24 hours to post orders (or sooner if all players respond sooner).

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
Green Creatures are Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 6, Move 8.
The Vicious Food Beat is Combat 2, Defence 6, Hits 8, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
Last edited by LTDave on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:56 am

Map error - M10 has eaten, and there is one less food in the North West Hex.
LTDave

Postby The Colonel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 am

M1 plants another tree, gathers one more mushroom, roast's more mushroom, and get's more meat.

GATHER MUSHROOMS, PLANT TREES WE HAVE VIABLE AGRICULTURE!
The Colonel

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:30 am

M6 "Monk" will move South East(x2), gather leaves, rest for a moment

"Woo, we've been busy. Don't chop down any more bushes, I want to see if I can get enough leaves to tame the food beast. We need to focus more on regrowing our resources so we don't run out.

Edit: OOC... do I see the edge of a Wingull in the left edge over the water? :lol:
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:46 am

OOC I'm interested to see what the bushes grow from and what M1 is actually planting. The mushrooms are poisonous and it looks like we need wood to ~"possibly"~ make them non-poisonous ( that has STILL to be established). Wood is scarce and so far has yet to be proved renewable. I think we may be forced to MOVE or DIE so I want to transport the 4 wood in the NW hex to the next hex west and build a shelter. That way as we explore we'll only be 1 move away from a shelter when the bad weather comes. 2 moves away and you don't have enough orders to take shelter... thus you die.

Croverus "Monk" can transport wood as can the other marbits with empty hands. Who's is willing to stack up and go west ? There's probably leaves there too./OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:35 am

Also I have a backpack. I can carry 6 small items in it.
CroverusRaven

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games