Darkness Rising v2.0 - 'Tenebris Unleashed' Campaign

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising v2.0 - 'Tenebris Unleashed' Campaign

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Triage agrees on naming the Alt Elves Dusk and Twilight.

Vinny, do you want one (or both) of the Elves to come along with you for healing, or would you rather have a Healomancer? Or do you not need it at all?

PS: Marbit, what happens to the old wards that are leftover from before the battle? Do they stick around still? (And if so, someone please remind me or Junetta to upgrade the wards on her and Wandereus to Ward-16s instead of Ward-8s).
WaterMonkey314

Postby The Colonel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Bill agrees to lend Vinny the staff, saying "Not using it for much right now anyway."

Carrying a quill and scroll he randomly asks, "How do you think Dollamancy and Croakamancy are related and if so, what is the nature of it?"
The Colonel

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Vinny tentatively declines the offer of being accompanied by healers of any sort, as at least half the hunting party will consist of Constructs that are, as I understand it, immune to Healomancy.

"Thank you Bill, this will be most helpful." Vinny comments, before looking a little bewildered at the following question. "Well, lacking any talent for Croakamancy, I'm afraid I cannot compare the two on anything besides the obvious. We both acquire or create 'raw materials' so to speak, and apply Motion, so in that sense they are similar. Obviously the materials animated are drastically different, but the result is similar. As for my personal experience with Dollamancy, I feel it as a creative process where I envision the type of tool or unit I desire, and then I search for materials in my surroundings that I feel lend themselves to that purpose. Then I use magic to tweak and adjust, before finally filling it with Charges in the case of items, or Motion in the case of Constructs. Does this help?"
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:41 pm

"Why, yes thank you, this will be helpful." says Bill as he writes down Vinny's comments, wandering off soon after.
The Colonel

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 pm

With the Rod, Vinny will by Day 13 have crafted 3 Steadycrows and 3 Scarycrows, and put 9 Juice into another Scarycrow. This leaves him with no Juice, and if Bill isn't comfortable with the Rod leaving the hex, I shall leave it with him before departing. I'm not sure how the scouting thing works, but if in the course of their normal duties the Imps are able to find out where wild units have popped, my Hunting Party will depart in that direction. It is my hope that we can attack a wild group, and return to the city so they we never have to end turn in the wild, but of course this may not be possible.

EDIT: Alternatively, with the info about Lolly (presumably) now common knowledge, I will take my Hunting Party in that direction if the King wishes us to address that threat instead of just playing about in the wild.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

0beron wrote:With the Rod, Vinny will by Day 13 have crafted 3 Steadycrows and 3 Scarycrows, and put 9 Juice into another Scarycrow. This leaves him with no Juice, and if Bill isn't comfortable with the Rod leaving the hex, I shall leave it with him before departing. I'm not sure how the scouting thing works, but if in the course of their normal duties the Imps are able to find out where wild units have popped, my Hunting Party will depart in that direction. It is my hope that we can attack a wild group, and return to the city so they we never have to end turn in the wild, but of course this may not be possible.

EDIT: Alternatively, with the info about Lolly (presumably) now common knowledge, I will take my Hunting Party in that direction if the King wishes us to address that threat instead of just playing about in the wild.

Bum bum bummm!!! Battle of the Dollamancers?

Do you have a Ward?

Also, what does Junetta now have spell-wise after the Healomancy reboot?
WaterMonkey314

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:02 pm

That is a good point! If you can spare the Juice, Wards on myself, Brick, and Will would be appreciated.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:22 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:PS: Marbit, what happens to the old wards that are leftover from before the battle? Do they stick around still?
The wards persist after the battle.

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Also, what does Junetta now have spell-wise after the Healomancy reboot?
She'll probably be going with Space Out/Revitalize/Damage Ward/Revitalize Group.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:39 pm

just to make it clear
ok, seeing the new rules, I think Rudy should switch to skilled(1AP), dance fighting(1AP), and a banked point. also, put two points of combat stat in defense(upping it to 5), and the other point into attack(upping it to 8). figure from if he could power level twice he is in the green for leadership.
bob the 6th

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm

bob the 6th wrote:just to make it clear
ok, seeing the new rules, I think Rudy should switch to skilled(1AP), dance fighting(1AP), and a banked point. also, put two points of combat stat in defense(upping it to 5), and the other point into attack(upping it to 8). figure from if he could power level twice he is in the green for leadership.
Noted. I'll be working on updating the Reference section after I get the Squad rules written.

Note that you could also, if you chose, go for Leadership right now, and work on skilled / dance fighting in the future. If you want to assume a leadership role, it may be better to take it earlier rather than later.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:45 pm

It... is, but it also stabs the build... in the face. though a good point. level 4 isn't that far away... and he could fake doing what he was intended to do. fair enough, Leadership it is.
bob the 6th

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 pm

(IC William)
Assuming the Lolly thing is common knowledge, I am extra eager to go. If that caster says any more grandiose claims of power, I have a mind to return a few words of taunt in turn.

But I do believe we may need one more guard unit. One that's been in those dungeons already and may know some of the way there, while preferably making a goodish tank. I think that what's-his-name, Zed fellow, should be coming with us.

(IC Zed-too)
I plan on making myself inconspicuous while plans of revisiting Lolly are discussed. I'd rather not go underground where it's scary and dark and a half-decent caster can trap every corner.

(OOC:)

By the time I got to 4, I renounced all hope of Leadership for the William character. Although there's always leadership by example ... :)
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Okay, to settle this thing, I'd like to hear from the King. Marbit, as soon as it is convenient for him to be asked, I would like the King's verdict on whether he would like my Hunting Party to pursue Lolly, or if we should remain in the area of Dis City.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Exate » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:56 pm

((Argh, my absence/inactivity leaves Yuri not participating in conversations he needs to be part of! Sorry about that. Trying to catch up...))

Swodaems wrote:You left the question of if you wanted to lead the field force up in limbo in your last post, so in my post reacting to the information about the faeries, I assumed you either accepted or decided to give me an answer later as you appeared to like the idea. Sorry for the breach of RP etiquette.
No worries- I had intended the "Will lead team" to indicate acceptance. Apologies if that was unclear; writing Yuri's speech is a bit of a balancing act between clarity and casual butchering of the English language.

Swodaems wrote:"I'm willing to let you borrow it as needed, however, I request that you always return it to me soon after. The bonus to leadership it supplies currently useless to you."
That conversation is long concluded by this point, but suffice to say that Yuri doesn't want to rob the Chief Warlord of his communications assets, and unless the two of them stick together constantly- highly unlikely in the long term- then borrowing it regularly is impractical. Lacking a Thinkamancer, we need to acquire additional communications items- things like the bracer, message hats, whatever we can use to improve communications. Obviously this priority needs to be balanced with others, but it's something to bear in mind.

MarbitChow wrote:The King suggests that, at the start of each turn, he use one of his charges to coordinate with Tod and Yuri, and allocate the communication resources each day. Tod's will be used primarily for emergency communications and tactical coordination, while the King place the remaining four at Yuri's disposal, for any external communications he wishes to make. ... He also requests that you privately suggest someone to fill the position of Chief Caster, because he fears that he's going to need someone to start keeping the casters in line, or at least help to coordinate their efforts.
That should work out; most turns shouldn't require anywhere near that many Thinkagrams. As for chief caster... Bill is the only choice, in Yuri's mind. He might be a bit quirky, but the Shockamancer and Healomancer bicker constantly and no one else can match their experience.

Swodaems wrote:He expects that dealing with any hurt feelings Yuri might have will be easier than dealing with any T. Coil might have.
Yuri has zero hurt feelings. Yuri is mighty lord of war as well as mighty lord of talking; he's more than experienced enough to not want to fly his way into being a pincushion for pesky fairy arrows. Sometimes, the side just doesn't have any Luckamancy.

MarbitChow wrote:Shortly after the beginning of the turn, Creperum contacts Tod and Yuri. ...

Creperum notes the siege unit Dis City has popped, and mentioned that Nemo and Sto will return shortly. He mentions that Gobwin sappers may help spur things along, especially if Bill can uncroak them as they fall to continue their work.
"Is good. Wanting to pop in Dis City, yes?" The massive warlord strokes his jaw consideringly, giving an overall impression not unlike that of a rhinocerous attempting higher mathematics and failing miserably. "Rug is bringing gobwin quickly for popping, then launching next attack quickly, yes?" He looks at Tod and twitches an aggressively bushy black eyebrow. "Elves is only growing stronger with the waiting."
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:02 pm

0beron wrote:Okay, to settle this thing, I'd like to hear from the King. Marbit, as soon as it is convenient for him to be asked, I would like the King's verdict on whether he would like my Hunting Party to pursue Lolly, or if we should remain in the area of Dis City.
The King has dispatched Imp scouts to attempt to infiltrate Lolly's hex. The Imp will not even reach the hex before Turn 13, and will need to wait until the doors open in order to sneak in; if no units exit through those doors, it could be some time before the scout manages to get in.

Regardless, hunting a caster on his own turf - one which clearly has been reinforced to withstand siege-level assaults - might very well be beyond the abilities of a small hunting party. You are free to do whatever you think are in the best interests of the side, but you might be more successful hunting near Dis City.
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:19 pm

So, uh, we're progressing the story all the way up to turn 13?

Well then, on turn 10 the New Batch arrives at Tenebris. Shortly before reaching the capitol, Nemo gives some parting advice to the gobwin Sto:
"Well then, here we are: Tenebris itself! I shall introduce you to the King myself, so make sure to be on your best behavior. We'll soon be popping you some new friends; make sure to tell them how good a friend I've been to you..."

Upon presenting Sto to Creeperum, Nemo requests the swiftest transport to the army at Dis City. Presuming a Balrug is made available, upon arrival he begins to establish the false persona of one "Vizier Ad" (a low-level introvert warlord who prefers to stay locked in his study) for use when Nemo must take on a figure of public authority.

Nemo individually introduces himself to Tod and his top-level command staff, telling each of them that he would prefer to remain hidden even within our own ranks. Until he is needed, then, Nemo will stay blended in with the crowd; keeping a close eye on events, but avoiding Charlie's Archons like the plague.

The night before Vinny leaves on his hunting trip, Nemo approaches him and asks if he may be accompanying. If he accepts, in the morning a strange warrior shows up, saying "'Ello there. I was told I should be joinin' this 'ere company. I hopes I'm no' too late..."
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Nnelg wrote:So, uh, we're progressing the story all the way up to turn 13? Well then, on turn 10 the New Batch arrives at Tenebris.

MarbitChow wrote:The New Batch characters will arrive at Tenebris (the Capital) on Turn 12. On foot, they could reach Dis City 4 turns after that; Nemo on Melissa could be there in 3 turn.

Nothing wrong with your actions. Just posting a correction to your timeline. Use of the Balrug is currently at Tod's discretion, but it's plausible that Nemo, Chance, and Sto at least would be rushed to Dis City ASAP on Turn 12.
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Just posting a correction to your timeline.

Oh, must have miscalculated, then.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm

I suppose until the party from Tenebris appears, we can do some critter hunting near Dis City.

I suppose also that once the new batch arrive, we can discuss the Lolly situation. Tod will be the one to decide whether we commit to exploring that or not, of course, since it appears *cough*meta*cough* that we may need a larger force to handle that caster.

In particular the tight corners suggest a need for beefy infantry.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:08 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote: it appears *cough*meta*cough* that we may need a larger force to handle that caster.
OOC: Nemo evaluated the area in front of the door as a classic kill zone - literally suicide, I think he called it. :D
You're all free-willed, so you're free to try to take it down with a half-dozen level 1 dolls, a bodyguard or two, a dollamancer and an archer - 3 turns away from the nearest reinforcements - but my response to 0beron was based solely on Nemo's stated observations, so it's not considered out-of-game knowledge.
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games