Darkness Rising v2.0 - 'Tenebris Unleashed' Campaign

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Darkness Rising v2.0 - 'Tenebris Unleashed' Campaign

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Darkness Rising - Tenebris Unleashed
The Darkness Rising campaign will continue here. All characters who were in the Darkness Rising or Darkness Rising - The New Batch will now be merged into a single campaign here. The New Batch characters will arrive at Tenebris (the Capital) on Turn 12. On foot, they could reach Dis City 4 turns after that; Nemo on Melissa could be there in 3 turn.

On Turn 10, 'Charlie's Turn', the Archons spend some quality time with Yuri, Rolf, and Bill, assuring them that Tenebris' interference with Charlie's mission to kill the Altruistic Elves was completely understandable, and that they hope there are no hard feelings on either side. They then leave the airspace, flying off to the North East.

Triage continues to watch over the shaken Altruist Elves. As their whole worldview has been shaken to the core, they have chosen to forsake their elven names completely (they don't even offer them when asked). They request that they be granted Tenebrisian names.

Bill sorts through 2 stacks each of elven warriors (4 of which are level 2 commanders), archers (including a stack of level 2s), spearmen and faeries. In addition, if he chooses to, he can uncroak the fallen Tenebrisian units.

Coil has locked himself in his laboratories, doing unspeakable things to the Gumption bodies.

Remember that during 'downtime' such as this, you may earn RP experience, but you won't be able to level until the end of a turn in which you gained combat experience.
MarbitChow

Re: Darkness Rising v2.0 - 'Tenebris Unleashed' Campaign

Postby CroverusRaven » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Donovan spends some time with the other heavies, though they look at him oddly, still unsure what it is that has caused him to change. His massive arms proved in some sparring to be less effective at damaging than his brothers' weapons, but he was much harder to injure. He was broader and longer lasting than his fellow heavies, but would not be able to join them in dance fighting. Additionally, he had noticed he did not need to follow the orders of the leadership like his brothers had to. He still wasn't sure what this meant.
CroverusRaven

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 am

T. Coil was a seething reservoir of rage as he went about his work, and this was having an effect on his experimentation. It was the norm for the mad Shockamancer to carefully record what he did so that what he learned could be reviewed for study and potentially traded or discussed with other. This Turn however, he tried things haphazardly as his power fluctuated with the ebb and flow of his anger, it would be unlikely that he would learn very much this night, but it would be at least a little cathartic.
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:36 am

After my various conversations with casters and Tod, I check on our new Archery force, both alive and uncroaked.

My purpose is to have these troops see me as a pinnacle of Archery, a distant authority figure to aspire to, so I keep the smalltalk to a reasonably cold minimum.

I do however produce various trickshots to illustrate my command of ranged weapons. Not only to, I hope, impress and amuse the partyers, but also for a bit of practice. I need that Paragon ability if I want to truly be a leader to these men.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:53 am

(OOC : Just a quick reminder: as the new rules become finalized, players are allowed to re-optimize their build in light of new mechanics.)
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:36 am

You're too kind.

In that case, I excuse myself for a moment while I go into the basement. There, I seize a black chicken which I sacrifice to the gods of Retconjuration. Its blood drips between the floor tiles as nigh-unpronounceable names of old horrific deities are invoked, their mere mention tearing the fabric of reality asunder.

*ping*

I replace Well-protected with Paragon, sacrificing a load of armor for the ability to inspire archery to reach its highest peaks in others.

Afterwards I invite the old ones for tea and crumpets, and we share impressions on the Void Beyond and this flicker of light that the world is, trapped into an ocean of uncaring chaos.

I urge the old ones to stay more, but they insist they need to go, the babysitter is quite expensive and with the economy these days one cannot afford frivolous expenses. But they insist that I return the favor of a visit sometime. We say hurried goodbyes.

Right-o.

I return to the party where I start my trickshots again. I need to be a Berserker if I want to be a proper leader to these men.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:57 am

Donovan invited his brothers to join him in the courtyard to spar. The three of them agreed, hoping they could all get past the awkwardness. They took turns sparring with Donovan, who while not as capable of landing any hits, he seemed more capable of resisting blows and didn't seem as bothered when a blow landed. The loud slamming noise Donovan's arms made was something most of the troops likely had never heard. The closest comparison would be the impact of large hammers. When he landed particularly hard strikes, the sounds produced was a loud "WHUMP" sound. They drew a slight crowd. They did their best not to actually harm each other of course.
CroverusRaven

Postby Nnelg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 am

Seeing as he's currently on march back to the capitol, Nemo will mostly stoically keep to himself as he ponders the situation...

Sometime during the journey, (nobody else is quite sure when) he'll start warming up to the gobwin Sto; indoctrina- I mean, informing him of various things... Nemo isn't one to miss such an opportunity to impress the importance of Loyalty upon such an impressionable mind... Melissa is unusually amicable towards Sto, (probably has something to do with his size) and so Nemo allows him to ride her for a turn (of course, nobody notices because they're veil-swapped).
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby The Colonel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 am

Bill adds extra filing slots for the Tenebris bodies, letting his skeletons do the filing.Other than that, he lazes around Dis City, working on writing a thesis on the inner workings of croakamancy.
The Colonel

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Okay, so I'm a little confused about what day it is, and if we are being "assigned" x-turns of down-time because it will take a while for the New Batch to join us in Dis City. If I understand correctly, this is Day 10 now, and I at least will take things day by day since I am unsure what our strategy is. I still want to go out to fight wild encounters, but I don't know who will come with me, or if my desire will be overturned by higher orders. And of course the pending decision of Chief Caster is important.

Vinny completes his first Steadycrow, a tough ally which act as loyal Bodyguards to him. He then nearly completes his second, coming just 1 Juice away from finishing it. Then he wanders the city, visiting the Alt Elves for the first time, and speaking with them briefly. Upon hearing they wish to be given new names, I suggest to Triage that they be called Dusk and Twilight, as I find these to be terms for a beautiful time of day that holds hints of the coming night.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:10 pm

(OOC: Down-time is a bit free form. The side typically discusses it's plans for the future, and lays out a strategy. Once things really take shape, we can go back and place events in the right context. I'll be responsible for that; for now, feel free to lay out what you'll be doing for the next few turns, what conversations and investigations you want to have - especially with NPCs - and interact with players that are in the same hex.)
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 pm

As mentioned, I strive to achieve the respect and loyalty of our archery.

Meanwhile, if Vinny starcall mouths off within earshot of me about wanting to pursue wild encounters for powerleveling, I mention that I'm ready and willing to go hunting.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Tod, having just called of the capture mission on Armolad, sits and waits for Creperum to contact him with the results of the city of Tenebris' scouting reports for the turn. (MarbitChow, Tenebris should have just popped 16 new imps for scouting and will pop another 16 tommorrow. Did they find anything of note?) This is when he wlll tell Creperum that the mission has been called off and why.

As he sits, he tries to come up with a way to deal with the personnel problems that calling off the mission has caused him. He had promised that Yuri could lead the mission and that T. Coil could handle the prisoner it generated. He expects that dealing with any hurt feelings Yuri might have will be easier than dealing with any T. Coil might have.
Swodaems

Postby bob the 6th » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Rudy marches with a fair bit of complaining... hoping in future to have a mount if they ever march again. Still in a few days he will get a chance to see the new capital... perhaps it will last longer then the last one.
bob the 6th

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Rolf will check on the troops and see to any training needs relaying requests to Tod for training dummies, courtyard space etc, after his suggestions to use Vinny's steadycrows and workshop are quickly and vehemently rebuffed. He is constantly asking about what news of the enemy forces the "captured" elves have divulged and checking on possible sources of info on what they face to try to assemble tactics and incorporate them into training regimes.

OOC (yeah looks like I might go paragon trainer route too Bland.) /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Swodaems wrote:Tod, having just called of the capture mission on Armolad, sits and waits for Creperum to contact him with the results of the city of Tenebris' scouting reports for the turn. (MarbitChow, Tenebris should have just popped 16 new imps for scouting and will pop another 16 tommorrow. Did they find anything of note?) This is when he wlll tell Creperum that the mission has been called off and why.

Shortly after the beginning of the turn, Creperum contacts Tod and Yuri. The 1st batch of Imps have been popped. Four of them are heading towards the area in which Nemo found the gobwin, Sto. One will be stationed at the doors that Nemo found in the neighboring hex, and will attempt to sneak through if they open. The other three will be exploring the area in further detail. It will be several turns before any information is available from these.

The remaining 12 have used their full move this turn to reach their patrol locations. They did not encounter anything en route this turn.

Creperum notes the siege unit Dis City has popped, and mentioned that Nemo and Sto will return shortly. He mentions that Gobwin sappers may help spur things along, especially if Bill can uncroak them as they fall to continue their work.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Meanwhile, Zed-too marches towards Dis City, hopeful that he's in the service of a reasonably competent side. He likes the travel. If only it wasn't the case that everything wants to kill you ...
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby bob the 6th » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:03 pm

ok, seeing the new rules, I think Rudy should switch to skilled(1AP), dance fighting(1AP), and a banked point. also, put two points of combat stat in defense(uping it to 5), and the other point into attack(uping it to 8). figure from if he could power level twice he is in the green for leadership.

Liking the new rules, especial y making combat modifiers a natural skill. helps keep characters from getting pigeon holed.
bob the 6th

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Could someone remind me who normally has that staff that increases Max Juice? Depending on who it is and what their plans are over the next few days, I would like to borrow it again. With it I could be able to crank out 2 Golems a turn. (If it is granted, I would have done this prior to Day 10, so I'd get the most use out of it)

Vinny is pleased to hear that William is interested in accompanying him into the wild, and seeks out any other companions who would be interested. In particular, he believes Brick Wall might benefit. If I have the Rod, then within 3 turns I can craft a trio of Bodyguard Steadycrows which can guard William and myself with Brick's help, and I'll have 3 Scary Crows to attack.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Vinny's call for aid is a savior from boredom to Brick's ears. He would otherwise have spent the time training, but that would only really work for combat skills, which he supposed wasn't something to be thought lowly of. An expedition of a sort would offer more practical experience defending an ally. Something which, after the previous battle where he stood still from start to finish, would be rewarding to him in more ways than simply the exp.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Next

Return to Your Games