Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World

Postby Lamech » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:10 pm

KF25 wrote:Random IV will attack random things.

Please specify not Marbits O_O! Or at least not marbits whose numerical designation is an even perfect square.
Lamech

Postby LTDave » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Turn 4
Actions: . . .
M1 Gather's food, eats the food then Stacks up for combat and when joined by everyone in the hex, will attack the BEAST - COMBAT - 6 hits inflicted - 1 hit taken - 6 meat harvested
M4 'Builder' Orders Harvest Wood Make Shoes Attack Green Creature - 1 hit inflicted,1 taken in reply Eat
M3 "Rod" Stacks for combat with green creature in home hex, (already cwoaked) eats meat from it, Moves NW, and stacks for combat in NW hex.
M10 eats. Then attempts to try and harvest from the mushroom. - 3 mushflesh harvested
M2 "Choppy" raises his spear shouting "Marbits stack up ! Attack only the nearest green creature. We need it's hide and meat ! Let's see how the others react to that.... " Stacks up, Attacks nearest green creature, eats from creature once killed - 6 hits inflicted - creature cwoaked - 2 hits taken in reply
M6 Leads Stack, attacks same Green creature as M2 already cwoaked, attacks next - 6 hits inflicted, eat from Creature, search rock pile - finds pretty rock
M7 will stack with M2, M4, M6, and M9; attack together with them; slaughter their fallen enemy for food; feast upon the flesh of their slain enemy.
M9 Random IV will attack random hostile things. -the Big Creature - 2 hit inflicted - 3 hits taken in reply - 0 hits inflicted - 3 hits taken in reply - M9 is cwoaked.
M11 - eats then sings

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 3 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "Rod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 "Builder" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 (Exate) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M9 "Random IV" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M11 (HerbieRai) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M12 (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide

Pop Queue
HerbieRai

Turn 5 Starts Now. 24 hours to post orders (or sooner if all players respond sooner).

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
Not much.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
Last edited by LTDave on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Postby WhirdCheese » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Fix the image...

M10 will eat then over eat then harvest more mushflesh if it's still there.
WhirdCheese

Postby Lamech » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 pm

M12 "Vulture"
Move NE, Move NE
Equip Shoes and Ax from M4
Eat meat

So guys, we have learned that not resting after shrooming up is lethal! For my next test I shall eat a shroom and instantly rest to see if that helps. However this time around, do as I say, not as I do.
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:48 am

Gather leaves from Bush, Tend to M2's injuries, Takes Hide from a fallen creature, creates a backpack.
CroverusRaven

Postby Swodaems » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:12 am

LTDave wrote:M6 Leads Stack, attacks same Green creature as M2 already cwoaked, attacks next - 6 hits inflicted, eat from Creature, search rock pile - finds pretty rock
M9 Random IV will attack random hostile things. -the Big Creature - 2 hit inflicted - 3 hits taken in reply - 0 hits inflicted - 3 hits taken in reply - M9 is cwoaked.

How did M9 take those last 3 hits? Everything that isn't a marbit is dead after his first attack on the vicious food beast. (If I'm reading things right, the attacks next order for M6 meant he went after the vicious food beast and hit it for 6. )

M3 "Rod" will eat, harvest the shell from the vicious food beast, Craft shell armor, search the rock pile M6 didn't search for another pretty rock
Swodaems

Postby The Colonel » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:59 am

M1 rests, regretting eating the rooms, rest for three turns and Eat one meat.
The Colonel

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:49 am

The vicious food beast is still alive I believe >.>
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 am

Correct.
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 am

M2 "choppy" thanks monk for tending his wounds Picks up M4 axe makes a set of basic armour from other dead creatures hide and rests while keeping a wary eye on the vicious food beast in case it attacks

M2 "Choppy" equip axe, make armour x2, rest.
Werebiscuit

Postby Lamech » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 am

Swodaems wrote:
LTDave wrote:M6 Leads Stack, attacks same Green creature as M2 already cwoaked, attacks next - 6 hits inflicted, eat from Creature, search rock pile - finds pretty rock

How did M9 take those last 3 hits? Everything that isn't a marbit is dead after his first attack on the vicious food beast. (If I'm reading things right, the attacks next order for M6 meant he went after the vicious food beast and hit it for 6. )

M3 "Rod" will eat, harvest the shell from the vicious food beast, Craft shell armor, search the rock pile M6 didn't search for another pretty rock

You died of the green. Because you didn't rest you died.
Lamech

Postby Swodaems » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:18 am

Swodaems wrote:

CroverusRaven wrote:The vicious food beast is still alive I believe >.>
LTDave wrote:Correct.

I just realized that I misinterpreted the sequence of actions and M6 attacked the 3rd green creature, not the vicious food beast. I know editing orders isn't allowed, but could I post new ones? Otherwise, it appears Rod is going to try to pry the shell of that thing while it is still alive.
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:48 am

You can always change your orders - just post a new... er... post.

I won't be processing tonight - so about 18 hours delay.

Sorry.
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:12 am

Swodaems wrote:
I just realized that I misinterpreted the sequence of actions and M6 attacked the 3rd green creature, not the vicious food beast. I know editing orders isn't allowed, but could I post new ones? Otherwise, it appears Rod is going to try to pry the shell of that thing while it is still alive.

Editing your orders would have probably made them invalid (especially if you used the edit to delete them ;) ) thus forcing you to submit new ones
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:11 pm

M3 "Rod" will eat, search unsearched rock pile, and chop wood X2.
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:39 am

Turn 5
Actions: . . .
M10 will eat then over eat then harvest more mushflesh if it's still there.
M12 "Vulture" Move NE, Move NE Equip Shoes and Ax from M4 Eat meat
M6 Gather leaves from Bush (he notices the vicious landcreature seems upset - perhaps jealous), Tend to M2's injuries, Takes Hide from a fallen creature, Starts creating a backpack.
M1 rests, regretting eating the rooms, rest for three turns and Eat one meat.
M2 "Choppy" equip axe, make armour x2, rest.
M3 "Rod" will eat, search unsearched rock pile (shiny pebble discovered!), and chop wood X2.
M11 eats mushflesh, then sings.

Unit Status
Name
M1 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "Rod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 1, Hits 4 /5, Move 4, Level 1
M11 (HerbieRai) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M12 "Vulture" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M13 (Exate) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide

Pop Queue
KF25

Turn 6 Starts Now. 24 hours to post orders (or sooner if all players respond sooner).

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
Green Creatures are Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 6, Move 8.
The Vicious Food Beat is Combat 2, Defence 6, Hits 8, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
Last edited by LTDave on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
LTDave

Postby Lamech » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:35 am

Wait, sonofva I meant west. Goddamn it I get those directions mixed up a lot.
Lamech

Postby The Colonel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:48 am

M1 orders everyone to stack up to attack the BEAST joining in the attack, he then feasts on its meat and begins attempting to build a cooking pot, gathering whatever material necessary to make it.
The Colonel

Postby LTDave » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:38 am

What beast is M1 fighting? There's no beast in that hex.
LTDave

Postby The Colonel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:42 am

Things to Note:
A new Green Creature has popped in the home hex.
The Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games