Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 051

Postby balder » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:53 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 051

Postby Oberon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:57 am

First?!?

Ooooh, the references and mechanicisms...

Old el-Efbaum = L. Frank Baum

Olive Garden, hilarious!
Last edited by Oberon on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby Hayes » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:01 am

So....seems like Parson isn't the first to come to Erfworld from the real world.
Hayes

Postby Jamus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 am

SHE KNOWS EARTH WORDS. HE PREFERS BLUE NOW. CHARLESCOMM IS BLUE.

I am seriously an epileptic tree. Charles *is* from Earth!!!!!!!!
Jamus
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby joosy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 am

Hmm.. lots of Oz references..

and .. now the former wizard of 'oz' prefers blue? A reference to Charlie perhaps? Is Charlie from 'Stupidworld' or some other dimension? or is this just more of the 'familiarity' that we have become accustomed to.
I don't think that any dots like that will be connected as Jillian still considers Charlie a mystery in the future (present?) But it is an interesting insight.

Also Dorothy with her magical burnt broomstick.. obviously a Wicket Witch of the West reference. Is the broomstick a flying item much like Ansom's carpet? Dorothy may not be able to leave, but Jillian could - now only if she had the will to.
joosy

Postby Oberon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 am

"Jillian let her head loll around on her neck, going all the way around in one full circle."

WTF? This evokes the exorcist.
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby Whispri » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:11 am

That idiot let Charlie live? Drat her! Good company for Gillian though, I mean, they're both so good at pointlessly increasing the death toll.
Last edited by Whispri on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:13 am

0beron called it! :lol:
0beron wrote:The Wizard is Charlie!

But somehow I didn't expect it to be true this literally...

And I don't think this proves Charlie's from stupidworld at all... But Judy might be. :mrgreen:
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby TheMutant » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:15 am

Oh snap, son. More evidence for the rather strong 'Charlie is from StupidWorld' camp.

Great update.
Join the Erflings fanart gallery on DeviantArt!

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
TheMutant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Glome » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:21 am

Jamus wrote:SHE KNOWS EARTH WORDS. HE PREFERS BLUE NOW. CHARLESCOMM IS BLUE.

If Charlie was from Earth he would have to be twoll sized like Parson, something that Judy would have likely remarked on when describing him. And if size wasn't a consideration, it could very well be that Judy was from Earth instead.
Glome

Postby TheTuna » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:24 am

Glome wrote:

If Charlie was from Earth he would have to be twoll sized like Parson, something that Judy would have likely remarked on when describing him. And if size wasn't a consideration, it could very well be that Judy was from Earth instead.

You may very well be right.

Her name...it's Judy.

You guys remember who played Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, a film about a young girl transported to a colorful cartoonish world of wonder and fantasy, right?

Judy Garland.

This one's a bit more of a stretch, but observe this quote from the update:

I’ve been a leaf on the wind,” said Judy. “At times, quite literally.”

Dorothy was blown to Oz by a tornado. Perhaps a similar fate befell Judy when she was transported to Erfworld.
Curiouser and curiouser...
TheTuna

Postby Sonic Screwdriver » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 am

Yeah, Judy's use of the word kill shows greater indication that she's from Stupidworld, not Charlie. This means that the most powerful city in the world was taken by a Stupidworlder, and that city was Charlie's. Now that Charlie has survived defeat by such an individual, and obviously regained quite a bit of power as Charlescomm, don't you think you'd be kind of desperate to take out a new person from Stupidworld?
Sonic Screwdriver
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Oberon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 am

Nnelg wrote:0beron called it! :lol:
0beron wrote:The Wizard is Charlie!
Yaknow... This is becoming a more reasonable epileptic tree. "Very powerful in magic." "[...] he prefers blue now.”

Hmmmm.... Arguments for Charlie being a caster.

"I didn’t kill him when we took the city. I let him go.” Who better than Charlie-with-Arkendish (if it was him) to influence the actions of others? Who but a master of thinkamancy could secure his survival in the midst of defeat? Did Charlie have the 'dish at that time, or was he really good at it by himself?

And the kill/croak thing. The real wizard of Oz was a charlatan, a fake who used his 'real world' abilities to set himself up as wizard-ruler over Oz. Mummery and a hot air balloon... He'd know the term 'kill', and so would Dorothy Gale. What remains to be seen is, would Judy Gale?

Damn, lots to think about.
Last edited by Oberon on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oberon

Postby TheTuna » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:31 am

Sonic Screwdriver wrote:Yeah, Judy's use of the word kill shows greater indication that she's from Stupidworld, not Charlie. This means that the most powerful city in the world was taken by a Stupidworlder, and that city was Charlie's. Now that Charlie has survived defeat by such an individual, and obviously regained quite a bit of power as Charlescomm, don't you think you'd be kind of desperate to take out a new person from Stupidworld?

What's perhaps even more interesting is the revelation that Charlie used to run a normal side.
TheTuna

Postby Arky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:37 am

That's exactly what I was rushing in here to say! It's easy to see Charlie under every bush and rock in these updates, but in this case I think we're definitely meant to draw that connection...

And he lost to Olive. But whether through Thinkamancy or through unErfly levels of persuasion, Lady Judy allowed him to escape, an act which apparently led to Olive taking away whatever freedom to act she had left.

However, I don't think this is evidence Charlie is from Earth at all. Why would Judy pick up the word "kill" from a guy she met once and use it instead of croak automatically? To me that says either JUDY is from Earth, or that Olive is and Judy picked it up from her over time.
Arky

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:37 am

What's even more interesting is this:
An awfully nice man, at that.
So he's a nice person... or was. Is he still nice?

edit*
I've seen people thinking he is brainwashing the archons, but is he?
Last edited by Shai_hulud on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 am

TheTuna wrote:
Sonic Screwdriver wrote:Yeah, Judy's use of the word kill shows greater indication that she's from Stupidworld, not Charlie. This means that the most powerful city in the world was taken by a Stupidworlder, and that city was Charlie's. Now that Charlie has survived defeat by such an individual, and obviously regained quite a bit of power as Charlescomm, don't you think you'd be kind of desperate to take out a new person from Stupidworld?

What's perhaps even more interesting is the revelation that Charlie used to run a normal side.

And that it was "the most powerful side in the world" - and was conquered by Haffaton.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 am

OH GOD. Charlies a carny...
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby fruityjanitor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 am

After the last update, I suspected that Judy was from Stupidworld since she is based on Dorothy and Dorothy traveled between two worlds in her story.

Her using the world 'kill' pretty much guarantees that she is from it now. I should have said something sooner!
fruityjanitor
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby name lips » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 am

The Wizard had no magic. He was a humbug, a fake. His power was in making everybody else think he was powerful. His reputation alone was enough to protect his city.

But clearly Charlie really does have the Arkendish. But I'm getting the feeling that beyond that he's... nothing. He has no special powers, no special talents, no special powers, no special anything. He's just a man.

He's Charlie from Charlies Angels -- the man behind the microphone, too paranoid to allow even his most trusted agents to see him. But he's also the Wizard behind the curtain, too afraid to admit he's a fake, a nobody. He's willing to manipulate and coerce, but take away the Dish, and he's nothing. So what would he fear beyond all else? Losing the Dish of course... he can't allow any danger. He can't expose himself. He has to protect himself with layer after layer of protections, tricks, deceptions. He makes plans within plans, deceptions within deceptions. He can't take the risk that anybody know the truth.

Which means he is probably much more vulnerable and fragile than anybody realizes.
name lips

Next

Return to Reactions