Cubbins & Ace

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Cubbins & Ace

Postby No one in particular » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:17 am

OTP, yo.

… just sayin'.

>.>
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Re: Cubbins & Ace

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:05 am

...hawt DAMN :)
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Oberon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:15 am

Zeroberon wrote:Also speaking of Ace/Cubbins....I may be a biased fanboy for saying this, but I have a bit of a request. So far the comic has kinda taken the typical internet slant of "ooooooh sexy lesbian action!" while ignoring the gays.
I've pointed out a couple of times that in a world where there is no pregnancy, no STDs, apparently nothing like the institution of marriage, and also apparently a single worldwide religion which so far as we've learned has nothing like the hatred for gays and lesbians that the major Stupidworld religions have, that both gay and lesbian relationships should carry no stigma at all.

Without a god to tell you to hate someone, or even the argument that it takes a man and a woman to have a child and that it's somehow 'bad' to remove yourself from the gene pool, there's really no reason why gay, lesbian, bi, or perhaps even group relationships should be any less prevalent than straight relationships.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby Cubbins » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:35 am

Remember that Prince Tramennis has, erm...interesting Signamancy.

Regardless, the idea is definitely present in the strip, so having a 'gay' couple (not that Erfworlders would even recognize the concepts of 'gay', 'lesbian', 'transgendered', etc.) is not a long stretch of the imagination.
"It's your final curtain call, Hat Magician. Only one thing left to do..."
Cubbins

Postby No one in particular » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:33 pm

There are clearly still some biases, though.

Ace himself, for example, thinks that Transylvito's dollamancer is a pervert, for specializing in Dolls. (LIAB Text 30)

Whether this is because of a belief that people should only play around with actual, living units (and not golems), or it's a more... personal bias since he dislikes Dolls and plush, specifically... *shrugs*

This might also explain why so many people don't like croakamancers... Wanda clearly has a fascination for the dead, that for anyone else would seem unhealthy.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Sieggy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:23 am

Yeah, when she says she's going out for a stiff one, people move nervously away . . .
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby Oberon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:18 pm

That's only because they wilt in her presence. :?

In any event, I'm kinda glad that erfworld intolerance appears to be limited to "you're a freaky caster of a type I dislike" , "*sneer* I'm royal and so therefore you suck, commoner," and just maybe "I've got a big Tool and you don't, neener, neener!"
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby Oberon » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Just re-read this thread and had some more thoughts on the subject.
Cubbins wrote:Remember that Prince Tramennis has, erm...interesting Signamancy.
Yes, absolutely correct. But we've never seen Tram interact in any way as a boyfriend/lover with any other person. So while he is most likely gay just on the strength of a few of his mannerisms (fabulous!) and the thinkagram with Charlie, he's either not in a relationship and not interested any anyone around him, or is not 'out' (if that term even has any meaning in Erfworld), or perhaps he just hasn't had any time since he's been struggling to preserve his side ever since he got more "page time."

Jillian and Ansom formed their relationship in the field on the way to GK. Jillian and Wanda had a pre-existing relationship which they had the opportunity to further explore when Jillian was a captive and GK was mostly bottled up and awaiting the RCC siege. Wanda and Stanley, well, I wouldn't call that a relationship. More like Wanda using sex as a tool to achieve her ends. And again, 'safe' in GK awaiting the RCC. Tram hasn't really had much of a moment of peace since the start of Book 2. We haven't even had a full turn go by!
Oberon

Postby bladestorm » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:32 pm

There's a possibility that Ace will be captured and possibly turned, while Cubbins is in autopilot mode en route to Pierce. If Ace is on GK's side, and Cubbins is on the surviving Jetstone side, that could easily set up the star-crossed lovers scenario. They could have secret meetings in the magick kingdom, use some thinkamancy scrolls or thinkagrams to communicate with each other over the long distance, all while treading dangerously close to betraying their Side. Or Ace could have a secret hat somewhere that he can write notes back on forth to Cubbies, and maybe he can send through small dollamancer toys for his little buddy. It would be like an entire sub-plot, maybe even a break out novel of their own.
bladestorm

Return to Everything Else Erfworld