Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame 3 (closed) - Rules and Discussion

Postby Kaed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:19 pm

*claws back into the forum*

Was sick this weekend. Sorry everyone.

Gonna try updates now.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:22 pm

goodness, there really is a curse on creators of all sorts! First webcomic creators, now the Titans themselves!
Hope you're feeling better, no need to apologize!
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:24 pm

To come back to the topic of caster leveling, I don't think it's to strong now that I took a closer look. A caster's Juice (and therefor their means of gaining XP) increases linearly, while the level-up requirements increase exponentially. This means that yes, they will reach levels 2 and 3 quickly, but then it slows gradually, and past 5 it would definitely be slow. I think it'd be appropriate to take away the possibility of gaining extra XP from training in the MK however, 10% is enough.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Victoria: You want HOW much for a magic crown?? *blanch*
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Way to read my reaction perfectly haha, I actually had to open my spreadsheet to see if we HAD that much in the treasury, since it's been so long since the last time I did some moneymancy.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 am

I think we can assume Metheglin is lost to us now. We go through titans so fast~
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Exate » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:46 am

0beron wrote:To come back to the topic of caster leveling, I don't think it's to strong now that I took a closer look. A caster's Juice (and therefor their means of gaining XP) increases linearly, while the level-up requirements increase exponentially. This means that yes, they will reach levels 2 and 3 quickly, but then it slows gradually, and past 5 it would definitely be slow. I think it'd be appropriate to take away the possibility of gaining extra XP from training in the MK however, 10% is enough.
We know that casters in the Magic Kingdom thousands of turns old are still in single-digit levels. Given that the XP requirements for leveling are masked, I suppose it's up to Kaed to ensure levels come from this at a reasonable pace- although I do have to say, there are precious few things in this game that give defined amounts of XP and I would much prefer to eliminate them for system uniformity. We don't need a 10% figure to know that casters occasionally level, but slowly, from casting.

Kaed wrote:I think we can assume Metheglin is lost to us now. We go through titans so fast~
Yet I'll keep CC'ing him on everything indefinitely, so that I can keep his PMs to me in the reply chain when looking back at my messages. His legacy lives on!
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:55 am

Exate wrote:We know that casters in the Magic Kingdom thousands of turns old are still in single-digit levels.

To be fair, we actually don't know how old those casters are, because none of them have showed up in Book 0 yet. However, it's also important to note they are not always necessarily casting. Many casters have disciplines which can only be practiced when they're part of a side (or hired to serve one). But on the topic in general I defer to Kaed since he's the Titan...and this is the reason we playtest as well. However I will say this...the game does have one example of a caster who has cast enough to level, and so far they are on par with their Ruler. So thus far, it seems the system is working.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:28 pm

0beron wrote:However I will say this...the game does have one example of a caster who has cast enough to level, and so far they are on par with their Ruler. So thus far, it seems the system is working.

House is best medic
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Exate » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Kaed wrote:When the ruler was finished, Iziz chewed his foot for a few moments more before swallowing.
Kaed wrote:Iziz chewed his foot
And Shahryar had just been thinking that he wasn't as barbaric as he seemed...
Exate

Postby Kaed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Exate wrote:
Kaed wrote:When the ruler was finished, Iziz chewed his foot for a few moments more before swallowing.
Kaed wrote:Iziz chewed his foot
And Shahryar had just been thinking that he wasn't as barbaric as he seemed...

That was supposed to be "food"...
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Exate » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Kaed wrote:That was supposed to be "food"...
I know, I just thought it was hilarious as written.
Exate

Postby Kaed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Iziz finds foot taste relaxing. Do not judge.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Koliup » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:22 pm

At least you know their names.
Everyone but Chief of my natural allies, Courtier, and one of the Heavy Stabbers who was sent on a ruin pillaging mission are all faceless goons to Vlab.
They're also known to the upper echelons of Cadaveran command as spear/arrow catchers.
But don't tell them that. They want to believe they're destined for a High Score.
Anyway. Any news on updates, Kaed?
Actually, Kaed, do you have any relation to Kaede Smith?
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Kaed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:39 pm

If only everyone responded as fast as zerobear, we'd make real progress. Ex is taking a geological epoch to respond, despite being the most text content packed player, and monies hasn't even read his first turn 12 update yet. And zerobear is starting to have his current turn become an Endless Sitcom as a stall desperately for time to let the others catch up.

I'll probably get to you tomorrow whether everyone's responded or not. And, no relation.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby The Colonel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:48 pm

I replied quickly, right?
The Colonel

Postby Kaed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Oh, you're fine.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 am

Kaed wrote:And zerobear is starting to have his current turn become an Endless Sitcom as a stall desperately for time to let the others catch up.
....Victoria fails to see the "comedy" portion in this sitcom you speak of :p

Also...zerobear? I can't tell if that was a hilarious autocorrect from your phone, or if it was a deliberate new nickname haha
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 pm

0beron wrote:
Kaed wrote:And zerobear is starting to have his current turn become an Endless Sitcom as a stall desperately for time to let the others catch up.
....Victoria fails to see the "comedy" portion in this sitcom you speak of :p

Also...zerobear? I can't tell if that was a hilarious autocorrect from your phone, or if it was a deliberate new nickname haha

Deliberate. My phone does not autocorrect.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Exate » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Kaed wrote:Ex is taking a geological epoch to respond
Ouch, Kaed. That hurts, and considering that I've averaged just under one PM to you per day since the start of November says interesting things about the natural dirtamancy of wherever you live.

Koliup wrote:one of the Heavy Stabbers who was sent on a ruin pillaging mission
You get ruins? Lucky bastard; I haven't found a one. I need more scouts, I guess. My courtier will be so pleased.

0beron wrote:To be fair, we actually don't know how old those casters are, because none of them have showed up in Book 0 yet.
We do actually have ages for the Great Minds; their ages in turns are given in the back of one of the dead tree books as part of their profiles.
Exate

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games