Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 047

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 047

Postby Morni » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Thoke wrote:
Site News wrote:
This is really painful to say, but Xin is having serious trouble getting pages done on time. Among other things, this week is the one year anniversary of her mom's passing. She's struggling pretty badly.

So today's update will be delayed until Thursday, October 25 (with an outside possibility of Friday). Next week we will do two texts instead of a text and a comic page. It's nothing she can help, but she is trying mightily. Thanks for bearing with us.

-Rob

I thought to bring this up, if anyone missed.

I don't mind, especially if both of the text updates are Book 0 ;)

thanks for letting us know :)

If it can get a break to Xin, so she can back on top of things. Then it's good news. Knowing ahead of the time, changes the anticipation.

I really enjoy the text update, book 0, book 2 or klogs. it's all good to me, there fun to read, I just hope, the 3 text update, Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday follow each other to make it more epic :)
Morni

Postby effataigus » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Thoke wrote:
Site News wrote:
This is really painful to say, but Xin is having serious trouble getting pages done on time. Among other things, this week is the one year anniversary of her mom's passing. She's struggling pretty badly.

So today's update will be delayed until Thursday, October 25 (with an outside possibility of Friday). Next week we will do two texts instead of a text and a comic page. It's nothing she can help, but she is trying mightily. Thanks for bearing with us.

-Rob

I thought to bring this up, if anyone missed.

I don't mind, especially if both of the text updates are Book 0 ;)

Aha, missed this, thanks! Indeed, good luck ye creators. Also, it might be useful to some readers (I know it would for me) to reverse the order of the update schedule, the update, and the news. I tend to check in, ignore the part that hasn't changed in months, and glance at the update itself to see if it is new. As such, I pretty much always miss the news.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby doran » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:25 pm

0beron wrote:
doran wrote:Speaking of dance fighting, I wonder if the DDR could be explained by Charlie remote linking up a Weirdomancer to a thinkamancer archon, with other archon's giving bonuses to the spell via foolamancer.

Firstly, the DDR trick was explained to us when Parson interviewed the Decrypted Archons. The force in tBfGK was lucky enough to have 4 Archons with all three Foolamancy, Leadership and Dance Fighting specials, so they were able to pull the DDR trick. So while it was probably Charlie's idea, he didn't need to personally be involved.
Second is the fact we all but know that Archons can't perform links. If they could, then they would far more often.

Didn't think it a likely theory either way, but what I meant was a hired Weirdomancy caster (not an archon) casting their spells using a remote archon via Charlie. No trimancer or duomancer boost but remote casting in an enemy hex
without having to risk the caster.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 pm

aaaaaah I see. Well that wouldn't really be possible either, given the precedent of Kingworld. If Charlie could have done it remotely, he would have instructed Jillian to leave Vanna safe in FAQ. So he can clearly link from afar, but one of the casters involved must be in the hex he wishes to cast a spell in. (And like we pointed out above, Archons do not count as casters)
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Radagast » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:50 pm

bladestorm wrote:
Radagast wrote:
Sixty wrote:Well, I dunno if I would say knocking down the tower was the ORIGINAL plan considering Parson only changed the plan to that upon discovering FAQ's strong air presence, implying the tower rush wasn't the original plan that Jack was referring to (since the odds shot up upon changing the plan).

The ORIGINAL plan was to take the garrison via dance-fight. http://www.erfworld.com/2010/04/book-2- ... dates-020/

Which seems odd now that I think about it since they had relatively few dance-fight-capable units with them. Although Jetstone also had relatively few units in the city. In fact, given the huge air force that turned out to be there, perhaps they should have landed before entering the airspace (where they also would have faced arrows and tower spells) and attacked the city on the ground, using dwagons as siege to break through the walls/gates.

Decrypted don't count as Uncroaked for purposes of being able to dance-fight when lead by a master-class croakamancer? There may actually be a difference as far as that mechanic goes, but if they count, they had PLENTY of dance-fight capable units. Plus, they could use the Archons for DDR-fighting. Ansom already knows how to activate that option.

The original force was mostly archons and dwagons, with at most a few dozen (living, not decrypted) Knights and several warlords/casters. Even if they ALL could dance-fight, that's still not really all that many units.
More and more I'm thinking they should have just landed outside the city then attacked on foot.

As for the mechanic, I believe all we know is that uncroaked *infantry* can dance-fight when led by a master-class croakamancer. We don't know if that applies to Knights (Archons), Dwagons (lol), or whether it applies to decrypted at all.
Radagast

Postby bladestorm » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Radagast wrote:The original force was mostly archons and dwagons, with at most a few dozen (living, not decrypted) Knights and several warlords/casters. Even if they ALL could dance-fight, that's still not really all that many units.
More and more I'm thinking they should have just landed outside the city then attacked on foot.

As for the mechanic, I believe all we know is that uncroaked *infantry* can dance-fight when led by a master-class croakamancer. We don't know if that applies to Knights (Archons), Dwagons (lol), or whether it applies to decrypted at all.

The original force also should have picked up a lot of decrypted from Unaroyal. They'd also have the benefit of adding dance-fighting capable units every time they kill enemy units.
bladestorm

Postby Radagast » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:55 pm

bladestorm wrote:The original force also should have picked up a lot of decrypted from Unaroyal. They'd also have the benefit of adding dance-fighting capable units every time they kill enemy units.

That may have been nice, but they would not have been part of the air attack, as what would they ride, exactly? Remember, GK had 1500 mostly infantry units left behind with Ansom - if they could have carried those by air I'm sure they would have rather than leaving them behind.
Radagast

Postby Nakedkali » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:58 am

We DONT KNOW if Archons are casters or not.

According to Jillian, in IP(TSP) episode 046 Archons *are* caster units. This was about a month ago.

This is in contradiction with what the Archons told Parson in the Summer Update 2009 image 46.

Either Jillian doesn't know what she is talking to herself about, or the Archons were capable of lying to Parson.
Nakedkali

Postby coyotenose » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:13 am

Nakedkali wrote:Either Jillian doesn't know what she is talking to herself about, or the Archons were capable of lying to Parson.

I find the first possibility very likely. Very few noncasters seem to grasp the nuances of magic.

EDIT: First question was in the wrong thread. >.<
Last edited by coyotenose on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
coyotenose

Postby 0beron » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:04 am

I agree that Jillian doesn't know what she's talking about. However I do want to point out that she said "caster units" rather than just "casters". That is the only time that phrasing has been used, which could support the notion that Archons cast but are not castERS. (not in the full sense anyway)
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Previous

Return to Reactions