Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 047

Postby balder » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 047

Postby Whispri » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 am

Goodminton?!?!

I think we have confirmation now that Erfworld has seasons.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ftl » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:59 am

Man, Jillian never learns. Haffaton cities aren't undefended.

And what's with the trees? Oh. Tannenbaums.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Azukar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 am

Wow. Testament to the quality of the story that I got an "oh crap" moment when it turned out the city was Goodminton. That Haffaton left it untouched suggests that the battle wasn't too long ago, but that Jillian has never heard of it says that it's been a long, long time since Goodminton collapsed.

Can't believe we have to wait a whole week for the next update; this is torturous...
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby Whispri » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:03 am

This also means that a Strike force could have reached Goodminton from Faq in the time between Wanda meeting the Faq Casters in the Magick Kingdom and Goodminton's destruction.

Another question is, has Haffaton's Capital been moved since Goodminton's fall, or was Jillian tricked somehow?

ftl wrote:Man, Jillian never learns. Haffaton cities aren't undefended.

And what's with the trees? Oh. Tannenbaums.

Boopin' right- and this isn't just any two, this is a Capital Site.
Last edited by Whispri on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri

Postby vintermann » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:09 am

Annnd the pedobear returns, as the Voice of God promised!

Interesting revelation: Dwagons can level. It probably has been implied before, at least that dwagons can be of different levels, but I can't recall. I wonder if all critters can level.
vintermann

Postby Whispri » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:14 am

The part of this update I liked best is that we now have confrimation that, in relation to Gobwin Knob and indeed Spacerock, Wanda's popplace is far over the Minty Mountains Cold.
Whispri

Postby Sixty » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 am

Confirmation that Yellow Dwagons have a finite about of battlecrap, which makes sense both biologically and tactically considering that other ranged units seem to have limited ammo.

I sort of wonder what happens to the yellow dwagon, if she gets it back to FAQ there is a possibility that Stanley nabs it when he shows up, the hammer makes any dwagon loyal to him right? Highly highly unlikely, but I sorta wonder if it is possible that it is Banana or something. Would be humorous if Jillian recognized it sometime, though I guess it would have to be one of the dwagons that went with Stanley to the pass and assuming Jillian would have recognized it I guess she would have then.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 am

The signs of battle are...interesting. The fact that it is a level 2 means Haffaton razed and rebuilt it, so why would there be a recent battle? Especially one in which Haffaton units seemed to be on the offensive rather than defensive? Something is definitely fishy here....

Also interesting to get confirmation that city sites "come" with the name and it doesn't change when they are razed and rebuilt. Well, unless Haffaton let Wanda name it.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Arky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:45 am

Haffaton is sodding ENORMOUS if Jillian can be crossing it ON DRAGONBACK all these turns and with another 12 turns to go to reach FAQ.

So now we know where Goodminton is... and despite how long ago the battle must have been, Wanda (and Olive, if she lives) have preserved an entire city as a grave. Not an undefended grave (Jillian seems to have no sense of danger whatsoever) but still... not an efficient city.

I wonder if Haffaton's sheer size is causing it to rot and implode, unable to afford to maintain and repair everything. Forcefed so many cities it chokes on them.
Arky

Postby Arky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:46 am

0beron wrote:The signs of battle are...interesting. The fact that it is a level 2 means Haffaton razed and rebuilt it

Just means it got a lot of stuff destroyed during the battle. I don't recall seeing anything that precludes a damaged city losing levels. It doesn't have to get volcano'd.
Arky

Postby Arky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:53 am

Whispri wrote:This also means that a Strike force could have reached Goodminton from Faq in the time between Wanda meeting the Faq Casters in the Magick Kingdom and Goodminton's destruction.

But Jillian would know about Goodminton if FAQ had been involved in hitting it, and clearly she doesn't.

Another question is, has Haffaton's Capital been moved since Goodminton's fall, or was Jillian tricked somehow?

Goodminton is a capital site, not Haffaton's Capital. We know that some city sites are designated capital sites and only these can be capitals. That's the key to Charlie and Slately's current plan.. because Spacerock is built on a long-ago captured capital site, and they are able to move the capital back to the city of Jetstone, the original capital site of that side.

I don't think we saw Haffaton's Capital before Goodminton's fall. The city where Wanda met Olive was not the capital.
Arky

Postby Arky » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 am

Whispri wrote:The part of this update I liked best is that we now have confrimation that, in relation to Gobwin Knob and indeed Spacerock, Wanda's popplace is far over the Minty Mountains Cold.

Do we have a rough map as to where Gobwin Knob is? My first thought on seeing that Goodminton is in the mountains about a dozen turns by dragon from FAQ was actually that Goodminton IS Gobwin Knob (which would make these events and Jillian and Wanda a bit older than they appear to be).
Arky

Postby Avic » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:03 am

vintermann wrote:Annnd the pedobear returns, as the Voice of God promised!

I'm drawing a blank. When was the bear mentioned previously?

vintermann wrote:Interesting revelation: Dwagons can level. It probably has been implied before, at least that dwagons can be of different levels, but I can't recall.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -04-03.png

Wanda gives the following orders: "Restack," she told Ossomer. "Give K.C. an interceptor stack of blues and pinks. You, Sylvia, Jack... with me. Remount them on top dwagons by hits, disregarding color and level. Fill us out to max with top Archons, but leave one with Leadership with the rest in a single stack. Go."
Avic

Postby Zeku » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 am

Zeku

Postby vintermann » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:36 am

Avic wrote:
vintermann wrote:Annnd the pedobear returns, as the Voice of God promised!

I'm drawing a blank. When was the bear mentioned previously?

Early in Inner Peace(TSF), when Wanda wandered through Goodminton, it was mentioned that they even had a "wild pedobear". Some people decided to take offense at even the mention of that meme, and got into an argument with the author on Google+. Balder was angry, responded by closing comments on his Google+ announcement threads and said something to the effect of "just wait until you see the second part of that joke". I thought he had decided against it since Goodminton fell and nothing more was said of the bear, but here it is :D Evidence that Jillian coming upon Goodminton on her escape from Haffaton was planned for quite a while, so it's probably real important for the story.

vintermann wrote:Interesting revelation: Dwagons can level. It probably has been implied before, at least that dwagons can be of different levels, but I can't recall.

Avic wrote:http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/?px=%2F2010-04-03.png

Wanda gives the following orders: "Restack," she told Ossomer. "Give K.C. an interceptor stack of blues and pinks. You, Sylvia, Jack... with me. Remount them on top dwagons by hits, disregarding color and level. Fill us out to max with top Archons, but leave one with Leadership with the rest in a single stack. Go."

Yeah, that implies Dwagons can be of different levels, but not that they could gain levels through combat. There are plenty of monsters in D&D-like games which can have a variable number of "hit dice" (or whatever), but don't gain experience like characters (after all, how much can a neo-otyugh learn from experience? And some creatures that could conceivably learn, like dragons, gain power with age instead).
vintermann

Postby teratorn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:32 am

Arky wrote:Just means it got a lot of stuff destroyed during the battle. I don't recall seeing anything that precludes a damaged city losing levels. It doesn't have to get volcano'd.

After Sizemore had collapsed everything he said they were a level 1, so we know damage makes a city lose levels.
teratorn

Postby MonteCristo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:42 am

At first i was confused at why Jillian would try and take the city, but i had forgotten that taking a city would end her fugitive status
The dwagon may offer her a great deal more of an advantage, but ten or so more tens like that might be risky in and of itself... so trying to take the city might be worth the risk if its easy enough

Yes they are... the fact that jillian could conceivably take the city with just herself and one dwagon shows they are under-defended.
However, Haffaton tries to make up for this detail by leaving traps, but those traps are a far cry from what real defenses would look like. Jillian however needs to be quick about her business; Take the city, raze it and then bolt out.

Heh, it seems that jillian may end up being the one that wipes out what remains of wanda's home.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby cloudbreaker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:27 am

Jillian is currently sharing her turn with Haffaton. So if she does manage to take the city, would she still be able to leave, or would she be stuck in the city with her Move dropped to 0?
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby 0beron » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:34 am

MonteCristo wrote:
Yes they are... the fact that Jillian could conceivably take the city with just herself and one dwagon shows they are under-defended.

Remember that we're using JILLIAN'S definition of "conceivably". That really doesn't mean anything about how defended the city is, it just means that from the outside, she didn't see any units at all (including the Tannenbums standing in plain view in the Courtyard...)
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions