Brucester wrote:Those cloth golems look mighty flammable and they're up against a stack of Reds.
It's going to be hilarious
Ace joining the climactic fight, in retrospect, has been set up quite painstakingly. If not for the facts that:
1) Ace is a man of action who has never had much chance to show off his skills,
2) Ace is best buddies with Cubbins,
3) Cubbins went down with the tower in violation of the order to fly with the king,
4) Cubbins survived going down with the tower but is unable to escape,
5) Ace recently proved his worth and proved Slately wrong about the proper applications of Dollamancy,
6) and Slately has finally lost his resistance to adopting new strategies,
this would not make quite so much sense, even with the rationale that the cloth golems will benefit from his bonus. But it's still unclear what Jetstone can possibly do about healing Cubbins unless they win the battle.
...which sets Parson up for some excellent leverage in possibly turning both Cubbins and Ace (alive) if GK wins this battle. We know that GK had some healomancy scrolls with them. Offering to heal Cubbins in exchange for Ace changing sides and then convincing Cubbins to join his friend in glorious service to Lord Hamster is a tantalizing possibility, though it requires a few more strategic plot twists.
[It's been mentioned before that Stanley, Rockwell, and Wanda are all brand names of tools. By Erf logic, Ace might well be fated to join their cause.]
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?