New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 - Text Updates 057

Postby fjolnir » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:18 am

I for one can feel the love tonight...
fjolnir

Postby cloudbreaker » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:40 am

Touching update. I wonder if Tramennis will be able to keep his promise.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby bladestorm » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:45 am

Aaaaaannnnd there's the tie-in to the title. Same thing happened in Book One when the battle finally reached GK, and boop got real. Also, at this point in Book One, Ansom had just made his Titanic Mandate outburst. Before that, there was a lot of story build-up and a few minor manipulation of the rules, but nothing compared to the action afterwards. Hopefully Book Two mirrors Book One in structure, and things take off from here.

So ready for the final third of the story to fall into place.
bladestorm

Postby Whispri » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:46 am

Love is being used as a synonym for hate here, they could have had peace if they'd wanted it.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby TheTuna » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:48 am

Oh good lord, well played Rob. I'm dying here. That last line was brilliant.
TheTuna

Postby Jorgath » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:08 am

Rob...

I came on to see if anything new was up, figuring I'd maybe get a quick laugh or a bit more backstory.

Instead you almost made me cry. That moment between Tramennis and Slately was powerful. You are amazingly good at evoking emotion with your writing, and never let anyone tell you otherwise.
"It matters not how strait the gait,
how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."
--William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Jorgath

Postby Eva » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:27 am

Care bear stare!
Eva

Postby Lamech » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:34 am

Whispri wrote:Love is being used as a synonym for hate here, they could have had peace if they'd wanted it.

Hey, don't ruin the moment. Can we have 5 seconds of seeing someone as the good guy?
Lamech

Postby Wrathwind » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:37 am

Ok I have a prediction idk if some one else has already said this but here it is: Charlies plain is to strand parson in a burning city he is using Sylvia her connection to the carnymancer wasn't shown just for back story it matters in the plot everything is there for a reason right down to the key lime pie (it will come up you'll see you'll all see!!!!). This is also the trick Jojo has planed he and Charlie are working together to rid erfworld of charlies greatest foe, Parson. This is his goal, not to help Jetstone not to aid the royals not even to beat Gobwin Knob but to stop the one person who was summoned not only with the power, ability and now the intent of destroying charlie himself. To this end charlie has trapped Gobwin Knobs army in Jetstone tricked (sort of) the people of Jetstone into shutting off the portal and only means of parsons escape back to Gobwin Knob and if I am right is manipulating Sylvia into setting the place he will be trapped on fire.....Its just to perfectly in Charlies favor not to be him. This shows that hes just using Jetstone (not really caring if they burn or not) and he is just working to his ultimate goal to kill the fat man.
ps.to the grammar Nazis I'm very sorry
Wrathwind

Postby fjolnir » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 am

See and I just came on to make bad lion king jokes. I agree that slately is using the term love as a way to motivate hate and animosity and that this is a touching moment but he only seems to reinforce his ideas without actually explaining them.
fjolnir

Postby Sixty » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 am

I feel like that early line about lies is important. Them lying to you, you lying to them. Makes me wonder if something said between father and son was a lie, perhaps Trem being willing to discuss matters and eventually do his alliance thing with GK at some point.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby name lips » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:16 am

Behold... the Lion King!

Seriously, isn't that what you all see in that picture?
name lips

Postby Azukar » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:28 am

fjolnir wrote:I for one can feel the love tonight...

Ell oh ell.

Also, sadface that it's not an Inner Peace update - I really want to know what happens to Jillian next! Whatever it is it won't be good, I'm sure.
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby Whispri » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:28 am

Considering the Courtiers were in the Tower earlier, I have to either admire their dedication to fawning or question why they fled the Tower while the King was still in it.

cloudbreaker wrote:Touching update. I wonder if Tramennis will be able to keep his promise.

I have a hard time seeing Book Three being the story of Gobwin Knob fighting Jetstone, I know that much.

Lamech wrote:
Whispri wrote:Love is being used as a synonym for hate here, they could have had peace if they'd wanted it.

Hey, don't ruin the moment. Can we have 5 seconds of seeing someone as the good guy?

Nope, they're bad to the bone. Plus they're doing a pose from the Lion King.

name lips wrote:Behold... the Lion King!

Seriously, isn't that what you all see in that picture?

Boopin' right is is you Ninja you.
Last edited by Whispri on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri

Postby malroth » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:47 am

We are strong.
No one can tell us we're wrong.
Searching our hearts for so long.
Both of us Knowing....
Whispri wrote:Plus it's Gillian, it's not evil when they're doing it to Gillian, as half the time it's self defence and the other half she's into it.
malroth

Postby Nnelg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 am

Lyin' King, more like it. :lol:
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby derfy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:34 am

Sixty wrote:I feel like that early line about lies is important. Them lying to you, you lying to them. Makes me wonder if something said between father and son was a lie, perhaps Trem being willing to discuss matters and eventually do his alliance thing with GK at some point.

http://www.erfworld.com/2010/10/book-2- ... dates-033/

"I have every confidence in you, my son," [Slately] said, with great gravity. "I'm certain you will make the kingdom proud again." ... Such was the worth of the king's currency, and Slately spent his lies well.
derfy
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Jinren » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:31 am

Sixty wrote:I feel like that early line about lies is important. Them lying to you, you lying to them. Makes me wonder if something said between father and son was a lie, perhaps Trem being willing to discuss matters and eventually do his alliance thing with GK at some point.

Trem promised he wouldn't "debase" himself or Jetstone. He didn't promise anything else, the non-diplomat king just wasn't very specific in his order here, and failed to consider that half of his whole dispute with non-Royals is differing interpretations of extremely subjective concepts. Trem will be true to his own internal conception of what honour is... which is what his father asked for. Titanically mandated, too, or he wouldn't feel that way.

That lying is the currency of leaders is Slately's opinion... and his reign has been more than a little violent. Not necessarily a universal.
Jinren
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:34 am

Nnelg wrote:

Lyin' King, more like it. :lol:

Yeah... but his speech does contain a high degree of truthiness.
Last edited by Lamech on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lamech

Next

Return to Reactions