What if that isn't Parson in the tunnel?

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

What if that isn't Parson in the tunnel?

Postby Sixty » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:42 am

I know that sounds crazy (and it probably is) but hear me out. I know a while back when Jack and Wanda showed up in the Magic Kingdom, some were speculating that Jack's very vocal declaration of being out of juice was a ruse in order to cover his future use of Foolamancy. That talk died down as Jack and Wanda faded to the background of the MK discussion, but what if Parson isn't even there anymore and Isaac is talking to someone else disguised as Parson (or possibly even Parson who simply is no longer in the Magic Kingdom, Maggie was able to join the convo and move at the same time (granted not terribly well).

I know this is all rather unlikely, I just wonder if it is possible that Jack is pulling a fast one on everyone and standing in for Parson while Parson does what Parson does. "Parson" has mostly just said "Hey I really need to get through the portal" right? The obvious question is whether no one out of all the crowd (or at least the part of the crowd not allied or aligned with Parson) would notice and whether Foolamancy could fool someone in Thinkspace.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: What if that isn't Parson in the tunnel?

Postby Lamech » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:56 am

Sixty wrote:I know that sounds crazy (and it probably is) but hear me out. I know a while back when Jack and Wanda showed up in the Magic Kingdom, some were speculating that Jack's very vocal declaration of being out of juice was a ruse in order to cover his future use of Foolamancy. That talk died down as Jack and Wanda faded to the background of the MK discussion, but what if Parson isn't even there anymore and Isaac is talking to someone else disguised as Parson (or possibly even Parson who simply is no longer in the Magic Kingdom, Maggie was able to join the convo and move at the same time (granted not terribly well).

I know this is all rather unlikely, I just wonder if it is possible that Jack is pulling a fast one on everyone and standing in for Parson while Parson does what Parson does. "Parson" has mostly just said "Hey I really need to get through the portal" right? The obvious question is whether no one out of all the crowd (or at least the part of the crowd not allied or aligned with Parson) would notice and whether Foolamancy could fool someone in Thinkspace.

Multiple foolamancers looking at them right now. Of course, now that they all moved into thinkspace and aren't looking at the real Parson...
Lamech

Postby drachefly » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:53 am

Isaac is also a master foolamancer, and they see through these things well. Plus, it would ruin the point of the conversation from a storytelling perspective.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:28 pm

drachefly wrote:Isaac is also a master foolamancer, and they see through these things well. Plus, it would ruin the point of the conversation from a storytelling perspective.

And several of the other thinkamancers are also foolamancers. However, they are all now in thinkspace and currently not looking at Parson. If Jack did have some juice Parson could walk right in.
Lamech

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:42 pm

I think this is possible, but tricky to pull off and it definitely hasn't been done already. The major flaw is that yes, the Thinkamancers are in Thinkspace and thus distracted...however Maggie showed us that it takes effort to make your appearance in Thinkspace different from what you are actually doing (the "running in place" thing). And that is assuming a non-thinkamancer even has the skill required to do so. So in order to pull this off, Wanda and Jack would have to:
  • Contact Parson (and even Maggie) covertly while he is in Thinkspace to tell him the plan without the Great Minds noticing
  • The presumably juice-less Maggie would have to somehow covertly instruct Parson on how to mask his Thinka-ppearance
  • And the whole group would have to make sure the Portal Park casters looking on don't notice the illusion go into affect.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby mortissimus » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Nah, just carry him into the portal while he stands in his think-pose.

Except unless there is a Strenghtomancer or a ForcePushomancer around they can probably not lift him. Pah, details!
mortissimus

Postby drachefly » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:40 pm

He could mime walking toward them in thinkspace and will the motion to occur in thinkspace, so it seems to be occurring there, but it's also real. Hasn't happened yet.
drachefly

Return to Everything Else Erfworld