Postby balder » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 045

Postby drachefly » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 am

drachefly

Postby vintermann » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 am

Yeah! So many new mechanics... how fugitives move, when they take their turn. Taming of feral dwagons, not just Stanley can do it, absolutely fabulous. And grabbing high elves' rations, as well as eating them, has side effects.

But this was seriously good rolls for Jillian. Someone will pay for them. Or maybe it's already paid? Getting caught that way wasn't exactly lucky after all.

It also seems we can rule out the idea that Haffaton let her escape. But perhaps, perhaps not the idea that Wanda let her escape.
vintermann
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:16 am

If Haffaton do have Dwagons... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

vintermann wrote:It also seems we can rule out the idea that Haffaton let her escape. But perhaps, perhaps not the idea that Wanda let her escape.

Not if all they needed to confirm her Side's location was a bearing. Also, the troops may not have known who attacked them until they reached the her.
Last edited by Whispri on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri

Postby 0beron » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:18 am

Found a typo error I think
She could imagine the Court trying to make this decision, and grinned at the petty-polite argument that [SHE] imagined would follow.

vintermann wrote:And grabbing high elves' rations...has side effects.
I think Jillian just threw up as a result of the dizzying ride she had on a drunk/high dwagon.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby CF_HoneyBadger » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 am

Hell yeah! Go Jillian!

Ive never been a terribly huge Jillian fan, but the daring escape and dragon taming has really got me rooting for her :)
CF_HoneyBadger

Postby Smoker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:29 am

That was friggen awesome!

Such a pace! I feel a bit breathless having read that! Rob please may I carry your babies? (In a pram - I'm male.)

So being a fugitive is like a mini-game within Erfworld. It has its own sub-turn within the capturing side, so it doesn't effect anyone else in the Battlespace (and also prevents them from playing).

Fricken genius! *hifive*
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby effataigus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:29 am

Anyone remember an earlier confirmation that Erfworlders have physical organs (beyond just bones and blood)? I feel like there has to be one, but I don't recall it.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Whispri » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:31 am

Would Jillian as a fugitive have any way of being sure her Side still exists?

effataigus wrote:Anyone remember an earlier confirmation that Erfworlders have physical organs (beyond just bones and blood)? I feel like there has to be one, but I don't recall it.

Wanda talked about such organs a lot earlier on the Book.
Whispri

Postby Shai_hulud » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:35 am

ninja'd

Also is it just me or do other people suspect units are riding mounts that are their favorite color, like natural Signamancy? Pink for Wanda, yellow for Jillian?
http://youtu.be/9IdEoVp21VU
Last edited by Shai_hulud on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby effataigus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 am

Whispri wrote:
effataigus wrote:Anyone remember an earlier confirmation that Erfworlders have physical organs (beyond just bones and blood)? I feel like there has to be one, but I don't recall it.

Wanda talked about such organs a lot earlier on the Book.

Oh yeah! Ty.

I'm not sure if she would know if her side still exists, as that gets into another rules grey area. In some senses her side will always exist if she is still alive (since she's a heir). However, I'm not sure if the natural thinkamancy of rulers (that would let her know if the rest of her side got wiped out) would extend to fugitive/captured units. We may just find out when Clonely dies, if leadership then transfers to the oldest living (or decrypted) heir.

Also, forgot to say this earlier, but sweet update! First time in the comic that I've found myself subconsciously rooting for Jillian.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby vintermann » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 am

Whispri wrote:If Haffaton do have Dwagons... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

If Haffaton do have dwagons, that wasn't one. Unled units without language aren't capable of pretending to be wild and be tamed. It doesn't have enough mind to be put under sophisticated thinkamancy either.

I expect that this dwagon will count as belonging to the "escaped Faq prisoner" side for purposes of turn order. Hope Jillian won't have to harvest it, she can definitively use the mobility.
vintermann

Postby cheeseaholic » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:02 am

So it appears that wild creatures aren't restricted by turn order? I wonder how that works out with the relative time. Perhaps they take their turn at the same time as the closest Side?
cheeseaholic

Postby Smoker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:08 am

Yeah, I noticed that also. I'm pretty sure barbarian units take their move at dawn, so feral units would have to be the same, right?

So I just figured that Jillian saw it from a distance, and accidentally ended up in the hex that it was circling around in...

Or maybe there are two dwagons? Feral dragons popping might be the Titan's MO for making Predictamancy happen - recall the future where Stanley cleans up FAQ.
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby Lamech » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am

So what did we all learn today?

1) Enough rations completely clear upkeep needs.
2) Fugitive movement rules.
3) How to tame your dwagon.
4) Dwagons can survive off eating talking units.
5) Feral units move when they want.

I think the big one is rations can completely clear upkeep needs. With this it means a heavy duty farm could feed a whole side.
Lamech

Postby multilis » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:30 am

Stanley was lucky to find feral dragons on way to FAQ which made FAQ easier to conquer.

Jillian is lucky to find feral dragon that flew into same hex when she needed to escape.

Charlie is likely behind no natural allies (gobwins) being found by Stanley's side.
multilis

Postby 0beron » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:36 am

multilis wrote:Stanley was lucky to find feral dragons on way to FAQ which made FAQ easier to conquer.
Jillian is lucky to find feral dragon that flew into same hex when she needed to escape.
Charlie is likely behind no natural allies (gobwins) being found by Stanley's side.
Yes....because Charlie is helping his competition, possibly before he even knows she exists, and DEFINITELY before she is even remotely important to him.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:48 am

Lamech wrote:So what did we all learn today?

2) Fugitive movement rules.
3) How to tame your dwagon.
4) Dwagons can survive off eating talking units.
5) Feral units move when they want.

I think the big one is rations can completely clear upkeep needs. With this it means a heavy duty farm could feed a whole side.

The rations are the upkeep. Instead of being paid for from a purse or treasury, it has to be foraged for, or mined, etc. Same rules as for natural allies that have no purse or treasury.
Upkeep changes when you start including buildings and cities, or units that have a duty that prevents them from foraging for their upkeep. Cities need to have their Archers and Guards on duty rather than in a field foraging for their own upkeep. In order to grow your side, you need to manage your resources. Small Side with extensive farming capabilities could outproduce its upkeep needs, but the relative lack of units would leave it vulnerable to being pillaged by a side that spent all of its resources on maximizing units per resource.
bladestorm

Postby No one in particular » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:43 am

Re: farming for upkeep
Parson's been over this.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/LIAB_48a

Re: Jillian's Escape
Much like Wanda's philosophy, we KNOW where things are going to end. Jillian will escape, and take Wanda with her somehow. Whether because Jillian convinces her to Turn and help with the escape, or Jillian captures her, we don't know... but we DO know Wanda will work for Faq, and end up getting Stanley to attack it. So we also know that Faq will survive long enough to get attacked by Gobwin Knob, instead of Haffaton.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Saladman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:03 pm

bladestorm wrote:
Lamech wrote:So what did we all learn today?

The rations are the upkeep. Instead of being paid for from a purse or treasury, it has to be foraged for, or mined, etc. Same rules as for natural allies that have no purse or treasury...

Sure, but I understood Lamech's point to be this is the first absolute statement of that we've had. Natural allies that had to be the case, and Side units working the same way was always quite possible, but then again rations might have only offset upkeep without paying the full bill. So expensive units like leveled casters or archons might have needed some amount of schmuckers. Its to your credit if you guessed it right to start, but I'm pretty certain this is the first sure knowledge of it.

And it keeps the forum's various self sufficiency hack ideas plausible. Speculative tri-mancer link theories for the win!
Saladman

Next

Return to Reactions