Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:11 am

(OOC: This thread is for (bob the 6th), (tigerusthegreat), (Nnelg), and (CroverusRaven) to start their adventures until they're introduced to the main group.)

(OOC: I'll give you all the opportunity to grab some RP XP before the encounter begins. You've all set up camp for the night, and will be making your way towards Tenebris in the morning.)
MarbitChow

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 am

Ahhh, classic Eddie Izzard. How come Nemo occasionally flashes to a cloaked figure? Something I'm missing through skim-reading I've no doubt.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:12 am

Lord of Monies wrote:Ahhh, classic Eddie Izzard. How come Nemo occasionally flashes to a cloaked figure? Something I'm missing through skim-reading I've no doubt.

Nemo is the Foolamancer...does that give you any clues ? You're no doubt 'almost' seeing through his cunning warlord disguise

Sorry to butt in guys....and welcome. Hope you have fun.
MarbitChow wrote:(OOC: I'll give you all the opportunity to grab some RP XP before the encounter begins. You've all set up camp for the night, and will be making your way towards Tenebris in the morning.)

Hope that means he's giving you guys a random encounter and not just an RP XP chance before you 'encounter' us. 1st level is a pain
Best of luck with it...whatever 'it' is...
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 am

Werebiscuit wrote: Hope that means he's giving you guys a random encounter and not just an RP XP chance before you 'encounter' us.
Yes, there will be combat for the new ones before the groups unite.
MarbitChow

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am

Whump takes his usual role of carrying around heavy things. He pops a cooking fire and indulges in one of his few hobbies, cooking some of the rations for their small group. He stays silent while he does all this, not offering a word to what is going on around him unless something is directed clearly to him.
CroverusRaven

Postby tigerusthegreat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:40 am

So am I by myself or do I have the squad pictured, including Anex?
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 am

tigerusthegreat wrote:So am I by myself or do I have the squad pictured, including Anex?
All units pictured are present. Anex and the other soldiers are officially NPCs. However, since Anex is also your creation, you can write her dialog for RP scenarios. I'll override her lines occasionally if I want to take the story in a different direction. (If you'd like, you could also treat her entirely as an NPC and I'd write her dialog completely. Since she's your creation, it's your call.)

Note that in this world, you have Leadership, but Anex does not. She's an archer (her 'disk' behaves by the rules that archers follow), so you can give her and your men orders. You can attempt to give it to the other PCs, but Tenebris makes certain units free-willed, which means that they are not compelled to follow orders; if they do so, it's because they chose to.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 am

Well... new side, new home. Hope this goes better then Roundwood...

Rudy will enjoy the campfire, resting gladly after all the walking he had been put through.
bob the 6th

Postby tigerusthegreat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:50 am

"Didn't think my life would take such a strange turn of events as this, working as a mercenary for a side I've never heard of." Regus said, polishing his swords. He looks up to Rudy. "So what's your story?"
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby Nnelg » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Ok, to make sure I've got this right...

• tigerusthegreat -> Regus the Great (The Centurion)
  • bob the 6th -> Rudy Eye (The Archer)
  • CroverusRaven -> Whump (The Black Knight)
  • Nnelg (me) -> Noone Ofimp Ortance ["Nemo"] (The Foolaman- I mean, the mounted archer warlord...)

So then, I'm unused to roleplay (I doubt Nemo is one for small talk, anyways) but I'll do my best:

Nemo will just sit in a dark corner and pretend to be do something an archer warlord would do at a time like this (whittling, or something).

To deflect Regus's question, he'll do some ventriloquism on Whump: "ME WHUMP." Then (personally) add "And I'm afraid that pretty much sums up everything about him. What of you two, then?"

PS: I love that flicker effect. :D
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby LTDave » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Permission to interpose myself?

Wegio Wegion (aka WW) is one of the mercenary warriors.
Warrior: 8 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 Square Move. 8 Overland Hex Move. Attack.
(Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended)

Wegio looks at the group around the fire. An odd bunch. And that archer looks like he's never fired a bow in his life.

"So, what pay can we expect?"
LTDave

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:38 pm

LTDave, You can certainly grab one of Regus' legionnaires. I'd prefer the PCs to have somewhat distinctive appearances, so that they stick out from the other units. In this case, it can be something as simple as a different design on your shield, if that's ok. If you've got something more complex in mind, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. :)
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Rudy looks up at the question... considering answers...

"I was a prince... now I am an archer. In short, life sucks... hoping it gets better."
bob the 6th

Postby LTDave » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 am

{A different shield will be excellent. Maybe a rectangular one?}

Wegio gave the archer "Prince" a long look. What kind of prince could live long enough to lose his kingdom in a shocking emough manner that he'd have to become a mercenary archer, yet still be level one?
Something strange going on there.
But it was the other "archer" that really confused him. The one with the amateur ventriloquism and the vaguely shifty look. Wegio was only a few dozen turns old, but already he had the warriors' natural mistrust of ranged units deeply engrained. Cowards, by and large. Worried about getting thier raiment soiled. And usually incompetent as well.
Wegio turned to his own leader, Regus. He was only young as well, but had popped as the head of this stack, so there was something there to respect. The Titans wanted it to be this way.
"Well, Regus?" he asked. "What pay and conditions did you negotiate? Will we get lodgings? City Privileges? A share of the loot?"
LTDave

Postby Nnelg » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:54 am

Nemo: "Oh, you needn't worry; when it comes time to finally reward you, all will get their just deserts..."
(Note to self: keep an eye on that legionnaire, he asks too many questions...)

:lol: I think I'm having way too much fun with this than is entirely healthy.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:13 am

Nnelg wrote:Nemo: "Oh, you needn't worry; when it comes time to finally reward you, all will get their just deserts..."

Deserts, or desserts? In Erf, this is critically important. :P
WaterMonkey314

Postby Swodaems » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:15 am

I assume Regus has rolled less than a 6 on his spot check here, or Nemo's veil would have been lifted. Interesting that the veil still works despite the groups joining up.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:16 am

Swodaems wrote:I assume Regus has rolled less than a 6 on his spot check here, or Nemo's veil would have been lifted. Interesting that the veil still works despite the groups joining up.
A shadowy cloaked figure keeps popping in and out where the archer is standing. Why do you assume the veil is working? :twisted:

(Edit: FYI for those interested in the Foolamancy rules - breaking the veil doesn't cause the appearance to change; it just means you're aware of what the 'real' unit is. Remember that commanders can see stats, so veils actually show different stats until they're pierced. A foolamancer's veil still remains in place until he attacks.

Also note that if a unit breaks a veil, he can act on that knowledge immediately. However, he has to communicate it to others on his side, so they're not able to act on that knowledge until the next phase.)

(Edit2: Also, please note that foolamancy is just as effective on allies and units on your side - your own units don't automatically see through it. See "Jillian & Jack vs. Rusty" for additional details.)
Last edited by MarbitChow on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:23 am

WaterMonkey314 wrote:
Nnelg wrote:Nemo: "Oh, you needn't worry; when it comes time to finally reward you, all will get their just deserts..."

Deserts, or desserts? In Erf, this is critically important. :P

OOC Pretty important here in Stupidworld too...unless you like eating sand...or...living in gloop.

Ok, back now to our scheduled program /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby bob the 6th » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am

"Oh yeah... So really, what kind of cake will it be? Chocolate? Strawberry? Cheese? Or did you lie to me! Will there be cake or not! IS THE CAKE A LIE!?!"

Rudy stands angrily for the last part, staring a Nemo.
bob the 6th

Next

Return to Your Games