1. Stoneheart has a Vast Golem Army, Unerring Ranged Units, and an Unparalleled MAgical Armory with which to capture Territory
2. Stoneheart has Adept Casters, Abundant Casters, and a Massive Fortune with which to hasten and aid it's efforts
3. Stoneheart has an Honorable Reputation so it's new citizens know they will be treated fairly.
The Empire of the Rising Hedgepig has a TREASONOUS SPYMISTRESS!
-Their FANTASTIC SPIES and ALL-PERVASIVE INTELLIGENCE NETWORK demand a capable coordinator, whose power and skill could easily go to her head!
-The Empire's FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES bring the IMPRESSIVE RULER's competence into question- all that flash and impressiveness doesn't necessarily lead to wisdom!
-The ALL-PERVASIVE INTELLIGENCE NETWORK of the Empire brings word of foreign ways of doing things which might seem better or more effective if implemented by someone with well-informed vision!
Yes, and the Empire's Heft War-Chest disappears!
1. The Empire has Financial Difficulties which drain it.
2. The Grand Army, Capable Navy, Fantastic Spies, and All-Pervasive Intelligence Network all require vast amounts of money
3. the Treasonous Spymistress steals, I mean reallocates the War Chest to her own projects