Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Disciples of Erfworld - The Contagion - rules and signup

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:54 am

0beron wrote:loooool, well considering how scared we were of the city-site, "ONLY" losing 1 unit IS kinda a relief.

Yeah...except when that unit is yours :lol:
Werebiscuit

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:42 pm

0beron wrote:BLAND could you repost the cost of a level 1 city please? I don't remember where they are.

500 to make it into an L1 city. Which won't add you an Armor bonus (you already have +10% just from defending the ruins), but will provide you with income each turn, and you can pop units there.

0beron wrote:Also...I think the Starchild rules might need to be revisited...those XP costs for the spells are obscenely high given how little XP the Starchild could get from corpses...

Considering the opportunities in your neighborhood, yes. I'll rethink the costs. I don't want you to research all spells too soon, but I do want you to have a few spells :P

Werebiscuit wrote:I still think we need archer support so I'll re-pop as a THAC0 Bell on the archer/might/skill path.. BTW Bland, do I get dibs on Bob's corpse ? and how much experience will it net me, if I do ?

'Dibs on corpses' is not something I enforce, but I expect y'all can handle the negotiation part among yourselves nicely enough. Indeed, it appears to be the case so far, so that's swell. As for the experience, you had 31+40 (getting to L2, and then having obtained 31 after that). Aka, 71. Which means you get 64 back, which is enough to restore you to L2. Presumably you'll stick with Nat Armor.

0beron wrote:loooool, well considering how scared we were of the city-site, "ONLY" losing 1 unit IS kinda a relief.

To be fair, you were a bit unlucky there. There were about 3 misses (I think) which allowed a Barberian to live longer than was healthy for Bob Enweave. The problem with chance to hit is, sometimes it works against you. Oh yeah, how I remember Disciples battles and the EXTREMELY annoying misses. Their RNG must have been broken though. I swear I could rely more on Ghosts (70%CtH) than Warriors (85%Cth; oddly, they seemed to miss more often).
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:49 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
0beron wrote:Also...I think the Starchild rules might need to be revisited...those XP costs for the spells are obscenely high given how little XP the Starchild could get from corpses...
Considering the opportunities in your neighborhood, yes. I'll rethink the costs. I don't want you to research all spells too soon, but I do want you to have a few spells :P

Yeah that's fair, it'd be OP if they were all very quick to research, but it'd be nice if a couple of the Tier 1 spells were more within our reach. Cus presently every time we have a corpse we say "well...we could give the Starchild like 2XP...or pop a new level 2 unit...such a tough choice....not."
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:07 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote: Presumably you'll stick with Nat Armor.

Correct.
Werebiscuit

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:13 pm

0beron wrote:Yeah that's fair, it'd be OP if they were all very quick to research, but it'd be nice if a couple of the Tier 1 spells were more within our reach. Cus presently every time we have a corpse we say "well...we could give the Starchild like 2XP...or pop a new level 2 unit...such a tough choice....not."

Well, cut down spell research costs to 20% of their previous values. Also, increased the XP retrieved from corpses of Magic units (now 50%) and miscellaneous units (now 20%). This would put most Tier 1 spells within reach, since dropping 4-5 corpses of any units would be enough for one T1 spell. 1-2 Magic units would allow a T1 spell to be researched.

Ok then, so you've got your city site, and 523$, so you could upgrade, or pop at Ground Zero.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Upgrade the city site to a Level 1 City.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Ok next we need to decide on a stack to defend the city and then drag any undesired corpses back for the Starchild to eat.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:17 pm

HOLD UP A SEC! If moved, will the corpses persist? I feel like this was covered already but I can't find it. I ask because reanimating out deceased comrade is impossible this turn if we upgrade the city.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:02 am

Now let's update the map a bit (should've done so as soon as you claimed the city actually, but anyways):

Spoiler: show

PCs are in the newly minted city, creatively titled ???, also known affectionately as Insert Your Name Here.

You've got an NPC Sprite at the Mine. Bonnie is somewhere else of course. You also spot another Burger Stack:

Patty Flipper, Patty Flipper, Vanilla Ice (Sundae Knight, L3: Nat Armor, Leadership), Patty Flipper,
Jolly Bee, Chipotato (L2: Nat Armor), All-a-paino, Jolly Bee

Fairly low level, presumably they're patrolling the area hoping to get some XP for their green units.

You also spot a Bear Clan:

Bipolar Bear (consider it L2), <blank>, <blank>, <blank>,
Bear Cub, Bear Cub, Bear Cub, Bear Cub (consider all L1)

And also a lone Lame Thrower (consider it L5: Nat Armor, Well protected, Sure shot, Prescient).

Stats:

Sundae Knight - Melee/Magic/Force
XP to next level: 600
XP to croaker: 60
16H, 10Move, 50Combat, 0Def
85% CtH
Icicle: 6Dmg x2 attacks (Erf)
Has Motion, Mind, and Erf Wards

Patty flipper - Melee
XP to next level: 80
XP to croaker: 4
10H, 10Move, 50Combat, 0Def.
80% CtH
Spatula: 3 Dmg (Matter)

All-a-paino - Archon
XP to next level: 100
XP to croaker: 5
4H, 12Move, 40Combat, 0Def
75% CtH
Capsaicin: 2Dmg (Erf)

Chipotato - Archon/Might
XP to next level: 800
XP to croaker: 40
8H, 14Move, 40Combat, 0Def
75% CtH
Capsaicin: 4Dmg (Erf)

Jolly Bee - Support
XP to next level: 100
XP to croaker: 5
6H, 20Move, 10Combat, 0Def
100% CtH
Heal: heals 2Dmg points on one target

Bipolar Bear: Melee/Might/Force, 30H, 0Def, 70Combat, 85%CtH, 7Dmg (Matter), Heavy, Mount; grants 100Xp to the croaking stack

Bear Cub: Support/Magic/Skill, 6H, 0Def, 10Combat, 100%CtH, Heal 3Dmg (Life), 50%CtH, Damage boost by +2 (lasts two rounds, doesn't stack); grants 32XP to the croaking stack

Lame Thrower: (stats include perk boosts) Archer/Might/Skill, 30H, 25Def, 70Combat, 100%CtH, 2x 8Dmg, Heavy. Grants 1000 to the croaking stack.

To answer a few questions, corpses will persist if either moved, or left in a city. You've discovered refrigeration or some such, and once you bring a corpse to a city, it will patiently wait until you consume it.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:24 am

Let's name the city Candylot!
As for the enemy units...we have a great number of options. Harkin is obviously licking his fanged chops at the sight of a tasty Archon unit, but that of course would mean ruining our tentative "peace" with the Burgers premptively. I'm slightly inclined to let them try and take out some of those enemies, so they gain XP and will be all the tastier for me and the Starchild. Maybe we should take on the Barbarians?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:33 am

At present, you have 23Schmuckers remaining.

Looking at the map, I see either of the newly revealed stacks to be in range of your PCs (with the exception of ETheBoyce).

PS: Also, Candylot is now yours!

Sure you don't want Candy Mountain though?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:36 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Sure you don't want Candy Mountain though?

Nah, this isn't ON a mountain :p once we get a city that is, that shall be it's name :)

As for where to go next, maybe we have Etheboyce guard the city with any NPCs we have to spare, we go and attack something, then come back to him...?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:48 pm

If we want to, I think we can take out the bear clan with the remaining move we have today with no losses.

ETheBoyce stays behind in Candylot, but NPC sprite joins the group. This group of 7 should be able to reach the bear clan.

The Bipolar bear should only be able to do 7 dmg the first round, which is survivable by everyone it can hit in the first row. NPC Sprite and Bridget combined do 9 healing, bringing everyone in the first row up above 9. The bear cubs can boost its damage to 9 in every round after the first, but our healing will cover it.

Harkin's and MarbitChow's combined ranged damage eventually eliminates the bear cubs and the Bipolar bear falls once they're down.
Swodaems

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:03 am

...Ok it's been a few days and there has been no objection to this. I worried that Etheboyce and Werebiscuit might (justifiably so) object to missing out on such an XP-rich encounter, but since they haven't voiced an objection, We proceed with Swod's plan for attacking the Bear Clan
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:58 am

OOC Can't really object because as far as I know I haven't re-popped. What the group choose to do till I've re-joined them isn't much of my concern. /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:48 pm

You follow through with Swodaem's plan and emerge without a scratch, but several fresh corpses.

NPC Sprite, Harkin, Bridget and MarbitChow get 33XP each, everyone else (Watermonkey314, TheColonel, Swodaems) gets 32XP each.

Map update EDIT: now:

Spoiler: show
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:16 pm

I take it those green hexes are forest hexes?

We have no more money to pop units, so I suggest we end turn and and let the Burgers move. If Bonnie or Vanilla Ice find either the main group or the city, we say either "Hello again, Bonnie" or "Hello, friend Burgers. I trust Bonnie Bee has thinkagramed your side, telling you about us." (For Boldness points, if they find the group with the bear corpses, we may ask them for help dragging the corpses back to Candylot. If we keep Ground Zero from them, exposing Candylot may be a good choice. We could bolster relations and also give them a target that isn't our capital.)
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:28 am

Swodaems wrote:We have no more money to pop units, so I suggest we end turn and <snip>

Hold on...hold on have I been re-popped or not and, if so, where...and how do I get to Bob Enweave's corpse ?
Werebiscuit

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:34 am

Werebiscuit wrote:
Swodaems wrote:We have no more money to pop units, so I suggest we end turn and <snip>

Hold on...hold on have I been re-popped or not and, if so, where...and how do I get to Bob Enweave's corpse ?

You get his corpse, yes (I assume a mostly tacit consensus on that has formed). You're not yet popped, unless you want to suddenly become one of the existing NPC units.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:01 am

Werebiscuit wrote:

Your corpse should still be at the city of Candylot. (Along with EtheBoyce.) We didn't have the money to pop another archer this turn, so you'll have to wait until we end turn and gain more schmuckers to repop there and eat your corpse.

We now have 1 lvl 2 melee/might/force corpse and 4 lvl 1 support/magic/skill corpses that we need to get to the city next turn. (Wait, no. We may only need to bring the lvl 2 corpse in.) The lvl 1 corpses of the bear cubs are useless for exp purposes, right? What do we have to do to harvest them for rations?
Swodaems

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games