Long term strategic/political games.

Your campaigns, your favorite systems, and gaming news.

Long term strategic/political games.

Postby Kallisti » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:26 pm

Does anyone else here play games like Cybernations or Galava? Browser games with long term buildup/strategic elements? (actual stategy, not tactics like RTS games).
Kallisti

Re: Long term strategic/political games.

Postby jioan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:38 am

I used to play Ikariam ,but after a few monthes it gets boring. I made it to 48K points before quitting and was the leader of the 56th most powerful alliance in all of Iota.
jioan

Postby Kallisti » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:31 am

Ung, I hate that style. You spend all day building your nation with no time for politics, the map means its effectively impossible to get help from your allies, and splitting things into different worlds dampens the politics even more.

Really, you can't have great politics with less than 10000 players a world.
Kallisti

Postby Kallisti » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 am

At least the resource model is less trashy than the Travian style one.
Kallisti

Postby jioan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Kallisti wrote:Ung, I hate that style. You spend all day building your nation with no time for politics, the map means its effectively impossible to get help from your allies, and splitting things into different worlds dampens the politics even more.

Really, you can't have great politics with less than 10000 players a world.

Actually for awhile there was a lot of politics. My alliance and 4 others formed a sort of mega alliance and declared war on the rank 12 alliance. We forced all members of that alliance that were near our mega alliance to quit and join ours. We knocked them down out of the top 100.
jioan

Postby turbler » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:57 am

I play the following : Empire Craft, Ikariam, OGame, and Travian. Travians food production system is simply put, cruel. Ikariam is nice, especially with the variables in luxury resources. Empire Craft is good because of quests and stuff, OGame is pretty cool too, it's a bit hard to get crystal production though... ok I'm rambling, but one last thing. The only bad thing about these is you gain resources quite slowly otherwise it's pretty fun.
turbler

Postby Ferrous » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Cybernations. All the way baby. I've tried Astroempires, Ikariam and Lunar wars, and none of them are nearly as interesting (if you're into political games) as Cybernations.
"Those who live in fear deserve what they get." -Ivan Moldavi
Marooner | Banjoist | Mapamancer
Ferrous

Postby Stryke » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Some freinds an i just started okaying Battle dawn, if thats the style your thinking of
Stryke

Return to General Gaming