The Wheel of Time

Honor the fallen...trees.

Re: The Wheel of Time

Postby Joe Falco » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:42 pm

I went out this past summer and picked up a copy of Sanderson's Warbreaker. I liked it even though it may not be the best choice to determine the quality of his work. It was a nice, short and simple read.

Anyway, I bought the 12th book today and have begun reading it. At the time of this writing, I've already started chapter 2. Me likie!
Joe Falco

Postby Prometheus » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:11 pm

Joe Falco wrote:I went out this past summer and picked up a copy of Sanderson's Warbreaker. I liked it even though it may not be the best choice to determine the quality of his work. It was a nice, short and simple read.

Yeah, Mistborn is better. Warbreaker is still good (I especially love the "mercenary humor"), though. Elantris is also quite interesting, so you should read that, as well.
The first step to being right all of the time is to admit that you're wrong most of the time.
Prometheus

Postby kefkakrazy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Went to the Gathering Storm signing last night in Lexington. Harriet (Jordan's widow) was there. She read a chunk of the prologue (the bit with Masema starting on ~page 44) and Sanderson did a Q&A for a while. Talked more about the experience of writing than the plot. I went through the signing line, shook his hand, told him I loved Mistborn. Nice guy, real likable seeming. He and Harriet signed my Gathering Storm book and I disappeared into the crowd.
kefkakrazy

Postby Joe Falco » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:52 pm

So did anyone pick up the latest in the series, "Towers of Midnight"?" I have and am done with it. I enjoyed it for the most part, but I had moments where I thought Sanderson took Mat's personality and character and stretched it out to near caricature.
Joe Falco

Previous

Return to Books and Print Comics