The Archive Trawler: Erfworld

Movies, songs, or whatever other stuff you have created.

The Archive Trawler: Erfworld

Postby Danetrix » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:16 pm

]Hello everyone.

I received some editing software a month ago and thought "Why not try to learn it by making a video review?"

So, I made one of Erfworld.

http://blip.tv/file/4078910/

I've learnt a bunch from doing this and can see most of the basic technical errors, but figured it was better getting this out now and working on another one and coming back to it when I improve.
Danetrix

Re: The Archive Trawler: Erfworld

Postby cloudbreaker » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:37 pm

I watched it. I liked it. I laughed many times. Keep it up! I'll be looking for one of these for book two when it is finished.

Also, the parts where you read directly from the comic makes me want to listen to an audio version of the entire thing now. Someone should get on top of making one. ;)
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Danetrix » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Thanks. :D I was worried putting it up here mainly because I'm still learning and trying to figure out the best format for doing these.

I mean, Erfworld Book One is 150ish pages. That's a large amount of strips to riff on in a positive way and there wasn't the time to get too bogged down in intricate details. Heck, I didn't even talk about one of my favourite characters, Maggie, and I did want to.

Would've loved to have a proper title page for it too, but I can't draw for crackers.
Danetrix

Postby Nihila » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:33 pm

I liked it, but what are these "dragon" things you keep mentioning? It was very funny. I enjoyed the puppies. You know the one. :twisted:
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Danetrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:35 am

Nihila wrote:I liked it, but what are these "dragon" things you keep mentioning? It was very funny. I enjoyed the puppies. You know the one. :twisted:

Heh, thanks! The whole alternate spelling (and for that matter, how I said the words) thing was something I thought about. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to have people going "You kept spelling 'dragon' wrong" or "You kept spelling 'dwagon' wrong" as figured the second was the preferred one to face. :)
Danetrix

Postby Nihila » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:03 am

Danetrix wrote:Heh, thanks! The whole alternate spelling (and for that matter, how I said the words) thing was something I thought about. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to have people going "You kept spelling 'dragon' wrong" or "You kept spelling 'dwagon' wrong" as figured the second was the preferred one to face.
Yeah, I guessed that, but it's still fun to mention. I can imagine the decisions there: "Would I rather have questions asked by those nice people at Erfworld forums or by those mean people in the rest of the world.?":lol:
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Stryke » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:05 pm

I was dubious to begin with but as it got further in i found meself laughing more and more.
You seemed to be a bit too aware of what your doing with your hands (or not aware at all) try not to wave them about quite as much.
Good effort though, looking forward to further submissions.
Stryke

Return to Multimedia