Erflantis (Closed) - Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Erflantis (Closed) - Discussion

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
GWvsJohn

Re: Erflantis - Interest Check

Postby SeraphRedux » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Interest is checked, though it'd be nice to see the new updated rules later on.
SeraphRedux

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Side Name: Pandora
Side Color: Black & White, with Pink trim
Side Livery: Pink musical note on black/white field
Side Bonus: Caster Ruler
Ruler Name: Fusch!a Sirius
Ruler Backstory: The side of Sirius was successful enough, however the rather expensive tastes of it's Ruler King Howard and their Chief Moneymancer Martha had created some awkward tension to it's allies. Increasingly expensive treaties strained other sides' patience, and Lady Fusch!a, 3rd Heir in line to the throne, saw the writing on the wall for where foreign relations were concerned. Sirius had planned to send a simple expedition and then promote the leading Warlord to Heir-Designate and spin off if the land looked promising, but the rebellious young princess saw this chance to jump ship (quite literally), stowing away bellow-decks until several days into the voyage. Once revealing herself, she sent a message back home to dear daddy, who thought she was in an outlying city the whole time, requesting spin-off permission. Though his reply was seething with annoyance, he agreed and thus washed his hands of his persistent problem child. Now with her eyes on the horizon, the soon queen-to-be searched for a place to start the side of Pandora.
Units: Subject to change slightly as rules are developed
Roadies (Knights): 13/7/7/5/Rider, Supervisor
Basic sturdy units, they do all the hard work and are the side's muscle.
Hollas (A): 13/5/6/12/Beast, Mount, Heavy
The side's only mount, they primary carry Roadies and Warlords.
Backup Dancers (B): 13/5/5/5/Heavy, Ranged, Packmind
Pandora's tactical strike units, always led by a Choreographer, they fight in perfect unison and have a supernatural connection with one another.
Choreographers (C): 12/3/3/8/Flight, Rhyme-o-mancy, Frightening, Gust
Skilled dance-fighters, these elite units boost the abilities of Backup Dancers and strike fear into the enemy.
Last edited by 0beron on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:44 pm

SeraphRedux wrote:Interest is checked, though it'd be nice to see the new updated rules later on.

I'm helping GW develop the changes, because many of them are things that I want to change about my rules anyway, but it is too far into my own DotT game to actually implement those changes. Major items that I can list off the top of my head are a change to how resource points work (since Rob has explained to a fan at a con how they really work and our guess was totally off) and also all basic infantry will be the same across sides (knights will still be unique to the side though, and if a side picks the +2 bonus, their infantry basically pop with the stats of a level 3).
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:21 pm

User Zanros wants to play but can't get online at the moment.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Deezee » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:34 pm

I would be interested! (So much that I created an account just to play)

Side name: Kotei Kingdom
Side color: Purple
Side Livery: Should be attached
Side Bonus: +2 Bonus
Ruler Name: O-sho
Ruler Backstory: Fifth son of the scholarly Wang King of the Zhou Kingdom, and the only non-caster, Prince O-sho never really got along with his father and older brothers, squabbling over everything from scholarly disputes to O-sho's taste for raw fish. As his father became increasingly dictatorial with age, tensions ultimately ran so high that, while returning from a campaign to relieve an ally, O-sho took his units and made a play for the throne. While his father's fortifications held that day, O-sho was able to escape with the surreptitious assistance of his younger sister and his father's lookamancer, who advised O-sho to leave beyond his father's reach to the new continent of Erflantis. While his father was convinced not to pursue the vastly weakened flight of O-sho and his knights, his rule became increasingly authoritarian over time, to the point where several of O-sho's brothers secretly contacted him to end their estrangement.
Units: Revised for 3.0 rules
Sohei (Knights): 10/16/3/5/Rider, Toxin
Holdovers from the king's days as Prince O-sho of the Zhou Kingdom, these knights are all offense
Foo Fighters (A): 11/2/2/5/Leadership, Rhyme-o-mancy
These units are known for their mastery of Dance Fighting and ability inspire courage and wicked dance moves in allies
Highly Visible Ninjas (B): 8/2/2/8/Carnamancy, Shockamancy
Little is known about these enigmatic units, aside from their mastery of trickery and their conspicuous black clothing
Nimbus (C): 15/3/9/8/Flight, Mount, Meat Shield
The side's main mount, these living clouds provide protection as well as transport to their riders
Attachments
Kotai Crest.jpg
Kotai Crest.jpg (33.09 KiB) Viewed 1329 times
Last edited by Deezee on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Deezee

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 pm

I'll send a PM about side bonus, but this is what I'm thinking about so far.

Side Name: Veinyll
Side Color: Dark Blue
Side Livery: A red circle with a white dot at its center surrounded by blue circles.
Side Bonus: Lofty Aristocracy
Ruler Name: Lord Lienart Albumar
Ruler Backstory:
Lord Vellum Albumar was an aging, yet powerful Ruler who one Turn grew weary of the intrigue and conflict in the world. He gathered his five sons and gave them each permission to spin off their own sides using the capitals in his territory and divide up the empire as they saw fit. Once they were done, he declared, he would disband himself and leave Erf forever. They managed to split the territory with a certain amount of civility, but the air was tense as they each staked their claim.
As the youngest son, Prince Lienart was last to choose his land; however, he knew that his brothers would be unable to keep the peace between each other after their father had left. So he made a different bid. His sources and informants had discovered a new landmass ripe for the taking, and so he offered to leave the scene entirely. With him gone, he argued, the kingdom could be cut into an even four-way split. His father considered his words for a time before agreeing; he would delay disbanding himself until he felt his youngest son found a new Side or failing that, croak.
From his allies, Lienart managed to acquire a ship and with what forces Lord Vellum was willing to let him take, Prince Leinart left his homeland to venture into the unknown.
Units:
Knight - (10/5/5/10; Flight, Rider)
Knights are the enforces of the land and gifted with the natural ability to fly.
Boobox (A) - (8/2/2/8; Beast, Flight, Frightening, Gust, Speed Boost)
These rectangular bats may appear cute, but their screeches send shivers up the spine and their powerful wings send foes sprawling.
Subwulfer (B) - (11/3/2/8; Beast, Mount, Forest-Capable, Speed Boost, Track)
The backbone of the empire, packs of these furryocious canines travel the woods and mountain paths of Leinart's homeland and protect their borders mercilessly.
V-Amp (C) - (12/3/5/8; Flight, Simple Rhym-o-mancy, Simple Turnamancy, Speed Boost)
These lovely ladies are mysterious and aloof, but their seductive songs have ensnared more than their fair share would-be foes.
Last edited by Sir Shadow on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Zanros » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Side Name: Damanhur (Subject to change)
Side Color: Gold with Red Trimming
Side Livery: To be added
Side Bonus: +2 points
Ruler Name: Henry O'Connell
Ruler Backstory: The Side of Academia had prestige, power, and fortune. Its heirs were numerous but its heir designate: Henry O'Connell, wanted nothing to do with the side and its over-devotion to tradition and custom. Henry wanted nothing more than escape, establish his own side and get out of the shadow of his ancestors. He saw his opportunity upon learning of the discovery of Erflantis. Gathering a full expedition in secret, Henry O'Connell vanished off the face of the Continent. He would boldly go where none had gone before. Severing all ties to his family, O'Connell would start anew.
Mejai (Knights): 13/8/8/6/rider, Ranged
The loyal squadron of guardians that had been with O'Connell from his youth. They are trained to handle Damanhur's most fearsome beasts: the Aralakh.

Archaeologists (A): 8/3/3/5/Packmind, Digger, Supervisor
Archeologists are popped to break into heavily fortified areas to recover whatever artifacts they can. These intrepid individuals have little qualms about disabling all manner of defenses for the purpose of making sure they get away with what they came for. Though they heartily disagree with the use of the artifacts they acquire, believing that they "Belong in a Museum!"

Dunre (B): 13/5/6/5/Dirt-o-mancy, Heavy, Tunnel Capable
The Dunre are a mystic order of warriors that O'Connell managed to convince to work for him. As they are loyal to him and not Academia, they came with Henry when he left for Erflantis. It is they Henry trusts to defend his city.

Aralakh (C): 20/7/6/5/Mount (3), Heavy, Toxin, Burrowing, Foot-Biter
The Aralakh, nicknamed the "Eyes of Wrath" are large, deadly creatures that Damanhur is fortunate to control. It takes a special kind of bravery to ride one into battle, but the power of the beasts cannot be denied.
Last edited by Zanros on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanros

Postby 0beron » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:49 am

Beta 3.0 rules are officially done, at least my additions are. GW is reviewing them now to see if I missed anything silly. Now I'll be working on finishing all the Titans'-eyes-only rules, bestowing all my power upon him.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:05 pm

I'm pretty sure my side as written doesn't violate any of the unique restrictions you came up with for your version, but I'm pretty sure I may have to review the points. Consider my application submitted, because units will remain the same, just minor tweaks based on the cost of specials.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 am

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:59 pm

GWvsJohn

Postby GWvsJohn » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:17 pm

GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Ok, after the entire concept of my side seemed to be nerfed into oblivion, I have managed to salvage it and edited my post accordingly.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:39 pm

This seems really interesting, but I don't really know how I'd play, seeing as how I can't seem to wrap my head around the rules of building a side.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Zanros » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Side is updated, your days are numbered GW. My Aralakh will feast upon all!!
Zanros

Postby Deezee » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:55 pm

My side should be updated; the changes didn't impact the Kotei Kingdom all that much except everything is slower (unless I'm missing something)
Edit: nvm, I missed something. I'll fix it, but it definitely does impact the Kotei Kingdom now xP
Deezee

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:33 pm

GWvsJohn

Next

Return to Your Games