Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Arky wrote:Actually, we know that Parson and Jack spent a lot of time running gaming scenarios and after the way The Battle For Gobwin Knob ended ideas involving entering the Magic Kingdom would definitely be on Parson's radar. He may not have expected to need that scenario in this particular battle before Kingworld, but it's very plausible that it was in the Parson playbook for emergencies and that Jack and Wanda (or at least Jack) were in on it.
Ooooh, misunderstanding. I was referring to the idea of harvesting mounts/promoting to heavies so that you could force your way from the Airspace into the Garrison off-turn. That part Parson came up with on the fly.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Xarx » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:39 am

I was sure that I had seen a strip with Maggie sitting on a chair of some sort in the Temple, but I couldn't find it in the archives. Finally I realized that was because the strip wasn't in the archives. It was the bonus page from the hardcover that I transcribed here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6661&start=60#p104589

Obviously I can't link to the page itself, but Maggie is shown sitting on a sort of rounded pink sofa. I guess we'll have to assume for the sake of continuity that someone granted her a special favor for the occasion. ;)
Xarx

Postby drachefly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:09 am

Or the chair restriction only applies during sufficiently official meetings.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby gadorcha » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:10 am

dwp222 wrote:I, also, would like to know who the lady in rollers and the guy that looks like Beaver's dad is. (50s TV reference for those of you too young)

Hey, I know it's a bit late but I couldn't help stop reading in this chapter to see if someone actually recognised the women in the hair rollers.

I think I do, I might be wrong, but I think she's a character in an old mexican TV show (70's and 80's) called "El chavo del 8", her name is Doña Florinda ("Doña" as in the female counterpart of Don). This was a very popular show in Latin America. And a couple of years ago got a revival as a cartoon.

So far I'm loving Erfworld and I'm kinda sad I'm catching up to the authors. So I guess this is my first contribution to the community.

Some pics, the outfit is not the same, maybe I'm totally wrong and that is a random character they decided to draw, but since most of them seem to have a real character which they are based on...

gadorcha

Postby wih » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:06 pm

gadorcha wrote:I think I do, I might be wrong, but I think she's a character in an old mexican TV show (70's and 80's) called "El chavo del 8", her name is Doña Florinda ("Doña" as in the female counterpart of Don). This was a very popular show in Latin America. And a couple of years ago got a revival as a cartoon.

Translated wikipedia link (LINK) doesn't seem to have any hints as to why she would anything punnish or relevant to Thinkamancy. But, you could still be right, maybe there's a reference in there somewhere.
wih

Postby gadorcha » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:32 pm

That's what made me think I might have got it wrong. But still, it was the only thing that came to my mind when I saw the drawing.
gadorcha

Previous

Return to Reactions